True Detective VI: The Universe Forgives All

Anatúrinbor

Do we know anything about this girl? I've seen this on reddit, but I don't think it's really her.

In the previous thread Madness pointed out that in the Inside episode 5 clip Ledoux says to Rust "You're a priest too," which isn't something that he says in the actual episode.

Anyway, continue please.

Holy crap this topic will end up with more threads than episodes. :o

Well, the third True Detective thread started Feb 17. Eight days later, and we're on thread 6. At this pace, we could be on thread 10 before the final episode even airs.

I'm glad I've arrived so early; we need to make sure that we Ginger this thread up as much as possible. I was hoping that Ginger would appear in episode 6, but alas, nothing.

I think the tent revival preacher knows more than he's telling. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him again.

I also am almost positive that Maggie was abused by the cult, or someone. Her comment, "You don't know the half of it!" to Marty when he screams at her over her sleeping with Rust was very telling. I also think (and don't remember anyone mentioning this so forgive me if you have) that when the little girls are playing in the front yard and Audrey throws the beribboned tiara into the tree, that we are seeing a direct reference to her and the cult of the five - that she has been touched by the Yellow King.

Man, the above paragraph sounds freaky. This show is turning me into a freakshow. :frown5:

At this point if Ginger held a gun to your head and said you got 1 guess as to whodunnit hand why in 25 words or less, tell me, who would you all say? Just take a shot at it or get shot:

I would say: Just shoot Ginger I got no f'n idea.

At this point if Ginger held a gun to your head and said you got 1 guess as to whodunnit hand why in 25 words or less, tell me, who would you all say? Just take a shot at it or get shot:

I would say, "I love you, Ginger. Let me leave Mr. ES and let's ride motorcycles and do drugs. How 'bout it?"

Do we know anything about this girl? I've seen this on reddit, but I don't think it's really her.

Not as yet. Though she does bear quite a resemblance to the girl front row, far left here http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/TrueDetectiveoriginal_zps7a3c5058.jpg.html

As do several other characters. Tall male on the left looks like Reggie.

Guy flipping the bird looks like the transvestite.

Tall guy on the right could turn out to be our scarred giant? i'm reaching

Middle row girl in striped jumper is the same girl as in one of Cohles photos i think?

Middle row girl on right side looks like Lucy Ludes the prostitute who gives Cohle info and sell him some qualudes.

Front row blonde is Dora Lange.

Front row far right girl looks like the baby killer.

Not as yet. Though she does bear quite a resemblance to the girl front row, far left here http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/TrueDetectiveoriginal_zps7a3c5058.jpg.html

As do several other characters. Tall male on the left looks like Reggie.

Guy flipping the bird looks like the transvestite.

Tall guy on the right could turn out to be our scarred giant? i'm reaching

Middle row girl in striped jumper is the same girl as in one of Cohles photos i think?

Middle row girl on right side looks like Lucy Ludes the prostitute who gives Cohle info and sell him some qualudes.

Front row blonde is Dora Lange.

Front row far right girl looks like the baby killer.

I am almost 100% postitive that the woman on the far right is the baby killer.

I would say, "I love you, Ginger. Let me leave Mr. ES and let's ride motorcycles and do drugs. How 'bout it?"

I laughed so hard at this.

Yay - I made the thread OP. Ginger be praised.

Also... I apologize because I refuse to rewatch until the series is finished (though, I may try and find time to do so before EP8)...

Can someone tell me where these two class pictures showed up in the show? The photoshop'd vs. original: specifically why the hell are a number of them smiling in one and looking sad/terrified in the other? Why are a number of them looking away from the camera in one?

I think the tent revival preacher knows more than he's telling. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him again.

I'm not sure I believe his story about knocking over the book with pictures in it. Unless that library's filled with books like that, which is also unlikely.

Preview stuff,

Is this

masked man from next week's episode Rust?

Heh, I would probably die. I'm honestly more interested in the journey of the characters than the actual minutiae of the case. I can wait.

Wasn't that class picture from 1991 or 1992? (My notes are at home.) How could Stacy Gerhardt be in that picture if she went missing in 1987?

ETA - Madness: the doctored photo appeared on screen when Rust pointed out Rianne Olivier (on the way to the school where he talked to Lawnmower man). The other is just another from the same photo shoot for the props team (at least that's what I think). I'm not sure how it was leaked, though.

I'd tell him it was the secretary at the police station.

As to why - I'd point to Trisk and say, "I figure I'd let my man give you the details."

Then I run away while Ginger is distracted by Trisk.

(Sorry Trisk! :blushing: )

Preview stuff,

Is this

masked man from next week's episode Rust?

Without a doubt. How could you miss those dreamy eyes?

Also a Cadillac seems a bit much for a PI guy, although I'm unfamiliar with the pay ranges for that line of work. But unless Marty owns his own security firm, I think he may be up to something else.

Can someone tell me where these two class pictures showed up in the show? The photoshop'd vs. original: specifically why the hell are a number of them smiling in one and looking sad/terrified in the other? Why are a number of them looking away from the camera in one?

As far as I can tell, the original image did not appear on the show at all. The 'photoshopped' one is shown towards the end of episode 3. Which, with possible hint from Ledoux in the inside episode 5 makes me wonder if the showrunners are giving us clues outside of the show.

I just did the math... If Rianne Olivier is 15 while in 10th grade, that picture is from 1985 and so Tracy Gerhardt could be in it - if she went to Light of the Way.

Didn't they see that billboard on the way to the bunny ranch south of Spanish Lake? Or am I misremembering?

I need my notes!!!!!

I'm guessing they're one of the photos that Rust has collected over his investigation. It was posted on HBO's True Detective page I believe. Not sure if you ever get a good look at it on the show itself.

Archived