What did you learn today?

Littlefingers In The Air

People take offense easily if you say that you have never betrayed a friends confidence and they have. I didn't think it was a common thing to let things your friends have said in confidence become public knowledge. I am I seriously the only person who has never told somebody else what my friend said in private to me?

Circumambulating the Alchemical Mysterium

Alchemy may be described, in the words of Baudelaire, as a process of ‘distilling the eternal from the transient’. [1] As the art of transmutation par excellence, the classical applications of alchemy have always been twofold: chrysopoeia and apotheosis (gold-making and god-making)—the perfection of metals and mortals. In seeking to turn ‘poison into wine’, alchemy, like tantra, engages material existence—often at its most dissolute or corruptible—in order to transform it into a vehicle of liberation. Like theurgy, it seeks not only personal liberation—the redemption of the soul from the cycles of generation and corruption—but also the liberation (or perfection) of nature herself through participation in the cosmic demiurgy. In its highest sense, therefore, alchemy conforms to what Lurianic kabbalists would call tikkun, the restoration of the world.

today I learned that what looks like a rose bush, but has tiny white flowers, is actually a rose bush:

Most roses here are grafted on the rootstock of a wild rose, generally a wild climber like Rosa canina (or laxa) or Rosa multiflora.
It looks like the grafted variety that you were expecting has not survived, and the rootstock is developing now on its own..

Tonight I will learn how my school judges students during belt promotion tests. (I am very excited about this!)

Archived