GRRM apparently confirms no TWOW this year

Leobald Tallhart

I really can't tell if this is legit or not because (1) it is google translated and (2) the supposed interview is conducted by a Brazilian news website, but apparently GRRM told them that we shouldn't expect TWOW in 2014. He hopes that it will come out next year, however.

Is there any chance of the sixth volume of the "Chronicles ..." out this year?

GRRM: Next maybe year. I doubt this year.

At this rate, there is the risk of the TV series exceeds the books?

GRRM: I hope not. The season that will leave now corresponds to the second half of the book three. There are still books four and five. There are many seasons to come.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/george-r-martin-autor-de-game-of-thrones-eu-me-perco-nas-historias-11827505&prev=/search?q%3DGeorge%2BR.R.%2BMartin%2Brecomenda%2Blivros%2Bpara%2Bf%25C3%25A3s%2Bque%2Baguardam%2B%2527The%2Bwinds%2Bof%2Bwinter%2527%26hl%3Den%26noj%3D1

In the interview he discusses many other ASOIAF-related things as well for those who want to read it. Just don't know how legitimate this source is.

Well things looks brighter than you think.

For me its almost like a 2015 confirmation. Which is far better than what I expected.

He doesnt even absolutelly get out of the table 2014, so I guess the book its mostly done.

The article talking about a 2015 trip to Brazil, implies an early year publication, since it takes almost an year to do the translated copy.

The UK editor, Jane something-something, has said on twitter that the book will definitely not come out in 2014.

I think it will be out after Season 5 of Game of Thrones

The UK editor, Jane something-something, has said on twitter that the book will definitely not come out in 2014.

I think it will be out after Season 5 of Game of Thrones

Would be perfect timing if that's the case. Hype and popularity for the series will be at another all-time high once this season concludes.

Could you elaborate. I have no idea who that dude is.

He's the author the The Wheel of Time fantasy series. Jordan died before he could finish the last novel, and his biggest fan wrote several more books afterwards and finished the series for him, which weren't as successful. GRRM jokes pretty often about the same thing happening to him.

Brazilian here. Editors here are so stupid! Why the hell do they call the song chronicles? Just to sound like Narnia...

Also, they say they're publishing 'the knight of the seven kingdoms', a collection of seven novellas about Westeros. WTF is that? Dunk and Egg? Not seven.

Thanks mother for making me go to english school when I didn't want to.

Ps. Curious though that brazilians apparently are getting a D&E collection before other people

Also, the only way I feel at all confident is that it has been said many times that he is also working on ADOS at the same time. If this is the case, then I severely hope we aren't going to have that large of a gap between TWOW and ADOS.

He's definitely going to do a Robert Jordan.

We don't need to worry too much

I mean there's the TV show and GRRM has everything outlined so even if the same thing happened it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

We don't need to worry too much

I mean there's the TV show and GRRM has everything outlined so even if the same thing happened it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

I don't think you could even class the show and books as being in the same league anymore, they are just two different creatures now. So how they end the show probably wouldn't be along the same lines as the book would end.

I don't think you can even clas the show and the books as been in the same league anymore, they are just two diffwerent creatures now. So how they end the show probably wouldn't be along the same lines as the book would end.

Yeah, after season three I consider the show to be fan fiction now. Which is really ironic given Martin's views on the subject.

Archived