GRRM apparently confirms no TWOW this year

Leobald Tallhart

I hoping for 2015 and maybe 2017 on the last book I know it's optimistic but the last book should be quicker to write since he already knows how the series is gonna end and TWoW it's really just setting up the dominos for the last book

That is utterly optimistic!!! Can I have a piece of your optimism?? Could need it right now.... :)

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but GRRM did an interview in 2013 with a Chilean newspaper where he said exactly the same thing he said in this recent interview when asked about the release of TWOW.

Last year (translated):

I will not make any predictions. I'm working on it, I'm making progress, but it's a great book. Definitely will not be ready this year, maybe next.

This year (translated):

Maybe next year. I doubt this year.

...If GRRM doesn't think the HBO series will overtake him, he's kidding himself.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but GRRM did an interview in 2013 with a Chilean newspaper where he said exactly the same thing he said in this recent interview when asked about the release of TWOW.

Last year (translated):

I will not make any predictions. I'm working on it, I'm making progress, but it's a great book. Definitely will not be ready this year, maybe next.

This year (translated):

Maybe next year. I doubt this year.

...If GRRM doesn't think the HBO series will overtake him, he's kidding himself.

But what about all the action on books 4 and 5 that is easily film able? And viewers mos def want to see Dany in Meerreen for 2.5 seasons

Brazilian here. Editors here are so stupid! Why the hell do they call the song chronicles? Just to sound like Narnia...

Also, they say they're publishing 'the knight of the seven kingdoms', a collection of seven novellas about Westeros. WTF is that? Dunk and Egg? Not seven.

Thanks mother for making me go to english school when I didn't want to.

Ps. Curious though that brazilians apparently are getting a D&E collection before other people

Even though I read the books in English, I liked how they translated. I can't really see a better way to translate A Song of Ice and Fire. Qualquer coisa envolvendo "som", "música" ou algo do tipo realmente ficaria ruim.

At some point if the show closes in on the books. I'm sure there's an executive who will put some pressure on GRRM to pick up the pace. I don't want the books to suffer for the sake of the show, but I really want the next book to come out ahead of the series and pray that GRRm was planning a time gap between 6 & 7 because I will find watching a bearded Bran on tv playing a 12 year old unbearable.

Does anyone still think this is going to a seven book series? I see a possible eight or nine series. It depends on exactly how far TWOW takes the plot forward I guess but still...

At least this hopefully confirms we'll get TWOW before 2016, which was my original guess for a release date, but if it comes out 2015 oh dear! and 2014 isn't entirely ruled out for a release date...but we should rejoice!

Does anyone still think this is going to a seven book series? I see a possible eight or nine series. It depends on exactly how far TWOW takes the plot forward I guess but still...

At least this hopefully confirms we'll get TWOW before 2016, which was my original guess for a release date, but if it comes out 2015 oh dear! and 2014 isn't entirely ruled out for a release date...but we should rejoice!

Assuming that Season 6 will start dipping into TWOW territory--which I think is a fair assumption--then GRRM has until about March of 2016 to publish TWOW to stay ahead of the show.

The writers start writing for the next season a year and a half before it actually winds up airing (Season 4 writing started in the fall of 2012), so depending on how aware he is of the process and which episode he winds up writing for Season 6, GRRM will probably be well aware around fall 2014/spring 2015 of just how screwed he is.

Archived