GOODKIND VII, The sword of truthiness

After being subjected to these quotes, I imagined Yeardi hunched over and masturbating to images of Israel bombing Lebanese civilians.

He pretty much mentioned it was the way to go in that interview of his I listened to the other day, yes.

Did you see the press release about Chainfire 'only' selling 250,000 copies worldwide in hardcover plus the first couple of months of paperback release? That's less then A Feast for Crows and substantially less than Knife of Dreams (both of which came out 3-4 months after Chainfire). Obviously its sales would increase once the translated editions come out (since Mystar's somewhat rocky case seems to depend on Goodkind being some kind of massive literary phenomenon in places like China and Japan), but it seems a bit weak for an author who allegedly shifts this number of books, but much more in keeping with the 10-11 million figure that is more commonly bandied around.

No, I haven't seen the Chainfire press release - link, please? But what you say doesn't surprise me one bit - when Jordan's KoD got a 1 million print run and Goodkind's Phantom got 500K (still very high for a book), it's obvious who sells more. And if I'm not mistaken, Jordan is more of an international presence than is Goodkind - at least the people I see who visit wotmania are about 50/50 American to non-American in numbers. I don't see that at any of the Goodkind 'sponsored' sites.

Maybe we just need to be drinking more Kool-Aid? ;)

I doubt mystar will answer, consider that this weekend is Terrypalooza near Vegas. Yeah, pay $25 to get Goodkind to give a Rally Speech (salute?) and to sign your book (which you've bought already). Boy, I wish that Martin fella would charge for something like that! :rolleyes:

Is anyone else a bit worried that Terry is rallying together an army to cleanse the world of... whatever it is that he doesn't like?

I don't know if it's an army, so much as a gathering of like-minded people who all really enjoy Kool-Aid. I'm thinking something like this:

The first rule of Yeard Club is you do not talk about Yeard Club!

The second rule of Yeard Club is (ditto above)

The third rule of Yeard Club is if mystar says stop, your argument goes limp, your logic taps out, then your semblence of a debate is over. Start saying other people don't get it.

If this is your first night at Yeard Club, you have to be touched by Terry, and love it.

[Or maybe he rides through the crowd on the back of a goat, biting the heads off of a bunch of chickens.]

Strikes me as litttle selfish having only one event, and that being ticketed - lets do some maths:

say, I decided to go:

£2.80 bus ticket to the station plus same on return journey

£15 train ticket to Edinburgh plus same on way home

£3 bus ticket to the airport plus same on return

£300 to £700 return plane ticket

$25 or so for travel at the USA end of things

$500 or so accomodation/food/drink

$25 for the ticket

all in all NOT cheap!

TG must get paid quite well for his books (whatever sales figures you may believe), why does he need another $25 per person for his autograph and insults???

compare with GRRM - he travels all over the place (Mormont and I managed to get to the Glasgow signing (which was FREE) and back (whilst having a great time, a few drinks and a top meal) for about £50.

Bakker was in London (quite a long way from St Andrews) but I could have gotten there for £70 quid or so, and NOT had to pay to meet him...

Strikes me that TG fears the rest of the world, doesn't give a rats arse about his (supposed Millions of fans out side of the good ol' US of A AND just wants more money out of those fans lucky enough to be able to easily/cheaply get to him.

The 25$ might actually be a screening of sorts, that way people are less likely to walk in with rotten tomatoes, because he's not worth spending money over.

Of course it might be objectivism at work, too, meaning that if you want something noone is going to give it to you, since everyone is working for his short term selfish benefit.

No, I haven't seen the Chainfire press release - link, please? But what you say doesn't surprise me one bit - when Jordan's KoD got a 1 million print run and Goodkind's Phantom got 500K (still very high for a book), it's obvious who sells more. And if I'm not mistaken, Jordan is more of an international presence than is Goodkind - at least the people I see who visit wotmania are about 50/50 American to non-American in numbers. I don't see that at any of the Goodkind 'sponsored' sites.

Maybe we just need to be drinking more Kool-Aid? ;)

Behold.

Phantom, the latest in the ten-book series, was released last week, with the 11th set for release in early 2007. The ninth book, Chainfire, was released in January 2005 and has sold more than 235,000 in hardcover and mass-market editions, as tracked by Nielsen BookScan.

[irony]

It was taken from the mini-series link on Wotmania, Larry. ;)

[/irony]

I guess I'm lucky to be living in a barbaric totalitarian pseudo-nation like Canada, I won't have to worry about Terry (BBNC) ever coming to my town (where I have no rights) to hold rally's, sign books, and give whacky political diatribes readings, at least until he and his followers decide to invade. What an interesting day it will be when me and my Canadian brethren are finally liberated.

Behold.

[irony]

It was taken from the mini-series link on Wotmania, Larry. ;)

[/irony]

So I rarely check the links that others have in such threads, even when I reply to them ;) What else is new with me, right? :P

:lol:

I can just imagine you organising the resistance movement and recieving aid from your communist brethrin in Euro-commie-land. :rofl:

If they find out who I really am I will be the first one against the wall, no doubt being forced to eat my own nads. Not even possessing copies of Terry's (BBNC) "works" will save me.

How does a grown man in America not know that Canada is a free country? If an American school kid couldn't find Canada on a map I'd think it sad, but what's Terry's (BBNC) excuse? Has he been reading too much Pat Buchanan and his references to "Soviet Canuckistan"?

I'm pretty right-wing about most things, and compared to the average Canadian I'm waaaay crazy right-wing, but Terry's (BBNC) ideas give me the absolute creeps. Compared to Terry, I'm some kind of hippie.

Holy Crap! With all this talk about a movie being done about it, I just thought it was bullshit, not that someone was really going to do it! Jeebus!!

I can't listen to the Goodkind interviews currently, so I don't know his exact words, etc. But if these books are supposed to be an analog to current world events, then it sounds like he's very pro-War on Terr (how it's supposed to be pronounced). And then it seems like he's advocating Terr in Phantom. I'm sorta confused...

Around where I live, there are a lot of people with 'Merican flags and "Support Our Troops" bumper stickers. I'm of the opinion that if you hold sway over other peoples opinions, and advocate crap like this, they should support our troops by becoming one of them, and fighting for this thing they seem to believe in so much.

I'm guessing that TG tried to get into the military, but was deferred after they learned that his Yeard contains most of his lifeforce, and to cut it would diminish his capacities greatly.

If they find out who I really am I will be the first one against the wall, no doubt being forced to eat my own nads. Not even possessing copies of Terry's (BBNC) "works" will save me.

You'll just have to keep your identity a secret, and work on some good disguises...

I doubt mystar will answer, consider that this weekend is Terrypalooza near Vegas. Yeah, pay $25 to get Goodkind to give a Rally Speech (salute?) and to sign your book (which you've bought already). Boy, I wish that Martin fella would charge for something like that! :rolleyes:

Few things.

1. That confused the hell out of me (obviously since I don't frequent that whacky site), because it was for a thread started a year in advance...does that mean that Phantom's been waiting to be published for a year(d)? So confusing.

2. Tickets for that event are $25 to get in and then you have to buy a book if you want something signed? Hmmmm...And TG doesn't use the internet, so how do we know that tickets aren't really $15 and mystar's skimming from TG? Just throwing that out there... :P

3. Totally unrelated to Terrypalooza, but during a lunch of cold, left over fried chicken this afternoon, I was struck with this thought, "Does chicken that isn't a chicken, but evil incarnate still taste like chicken?" True story.

“It’s a dream come true to work with someone of such remarkable vision, talent and ability,†Goodkind said in a statement released today. “Given Sam’s sincere love for these stories and his determination to only make great films, this mini series will be a watershed event.â€

I really really hope Sam Raimi and Producer Guy are having him on and are only buying the movie rights so that no one else can make a movie out of it, or turn it into some sort of comedy.

And seeing as how Raimi is responsible for Evil Dead, I think there's a high chance of the latter.

Big Barbed Namble Cock

:rofl:

I pity his wife, then.

If this is your first night at Yeard Club, you have to be touched by Terry, and love it.

For some strange reason, this just made me thing of all those weird religious cults we occasionally have in here

Okay, I'm just about ready to kill myself.

'Spider-Man' Director Buys Rights to Goodkind Series

July 24, 2006

By Kimberly Maul

Spider-Man director Sam Raimi, and his producing partner Joshua Donen, will develop a miniseries based on Terry Goodkind’s bestselling “Sword of Truth†series. Production will begin within a year, with Wizard’s First Rule, the first book in the series.

Goodkind, who has previously turned down film offers, was struck by Raimi and Donen’s idea for a miniseries.

“It’s a dream come true to work with someone of such remarkable vision, talent and ability,†Goodkind said in a statement released today. “Given Sam’s sincere love for these stories and his determination to only make great films, this mini series will be a watershed event.â€

I never really thought anyone would seriouly want to film it. Has Sam Raimi actually read the book? I wonder how the latest scene would fit in the movie.

(Why can't we get a Martin mini-series?)

And in case Violet has to be a teen, I want her to be played by Paris Hilton.

Archived