the better swordsman who is better, aegon,jon,robb joffrey and loras and gendry

raegal_targaryen

Aegon by a long shot then Gendry. All others mentioned are dead or in critical condition.

You really think that Loras is going to back as a "master" swordsman after being boiled in oil.

Jon Snow already has a burned hand being stabbed is not going to help his proficiency.

Loras is dying so he is last. Jon is probably first or Robb but Id think Jon is slightly better although Mance gave it to him I can't remember if that was show or book or both. Then Aegon, the other 2 are equally inept bit Joff seems more sissified so hed likely lose.

Who is the best around? Daario? Robert Strong? One of the Dornish(wo)men? Bronn? If we are counting cripples like Loras then maybe Jamie?

Loras is dying so he is last. Jon is probably first or Robb but Id think Jon is slightly better although Mance gave it to him I can't remember if that was show or book or both. Then Aegon, the other 2 are equally inept bit Joff seems more sissified so hed likely lose.

Who is the best around? Daario? Robert Strong? One of the Dornish(wo)men? Bronn? If we are counting cripples like Loras then maybe Jamie?

Well since Jon just got stabbed up and we don't actually know what happened to Loras I'd put him second to last behind Joff's corpse but I think for the sake of discussion all these characters are supposed to be at full strength.

We don't really know how good Ser Loras actually is. We know he is great with the lance but on foot we haven't seen him do too well. There is a big difference between the training field and an actual fight and I just get the feeling he has been written up to be more style than substance.

I do think his injury is nowhere near as bad as has been reported. It happened, off screen so to speak, so I think he will be back to try to save Margary. And fail.

I fail to see your reasoning. Loras would be the last because he may be dying but Jon who got stabbed and Robb who is dead are still ranked ?

We don't really know how good Ser Loras actually is. We know he is great with the lance but on foot we haven't seen him do too well. There is a big difference between the training field and an actual fight and I just get the feeling he has been written up to be more style than substance.

Martin has repeatedly listed him up in the same category as the Clegane brothers. Moreover, you can say the exact same about any of the contestants.

Martin has repeatedly listed him up in the same category as the Clegane brothers. Moreover, you can say the exact same about any of the contestants.

Off the main point of this topic, however, if GRRM lists Loras as in the Clegane category, Garland must be considered in the Dayne,/J Lannister (with his good hand)/Selmy category.

Loras is one of the best fighters in Westeros per GRRM. He should not be on this list.

1. Jon=Robb. Both are experienced, and both were trained by the same person.

2. Gendry=Aegon. They're not shown fighting, so there's no way to know for sure if they're any good. Neither is a coward.

3. Joff is never depicted as being any good at anything. With Cersei as mom, it's possible he was never trained properly, so he's last.

Off the main point of this topic, however, if GRRM lists Loras as in the Clegane category, Garland must be considered in the Dayne,/J Lannister (with his good hand)/Selmy category.

Both Tyrell brothers are in the same as the Cleganes.

Garland is better than Loras, but probably not by much, both are pretty much prodigies.

1.) Loras- He has the most experience and training in this group. He has proven himself in tourneys and the battle of Blackwater.

2.) Jon- It was said he was better than Robb with a sword at the beginning and his skill has only increased since he got to the wall.

3.) Robb- He was already beating Joffrey during their sparing session and since then he has been battle hardened by the war, so the gap between them has increased a lot in the past couple years.

4.) Aegon/Joffrey- We don't really know much about Aegon's skill and Joffrey is ok.

5.) Gendry- He comes in last because of his lack of training. However, he does have the physical advantage on everyone here.

Archived