Any predictions of Arya's fate?

lightbringer2525

After reading her sample chapter I'm pretty concerned about where she is heading. It was a great chapter, but I'm really starting to see a possible endgame destination for her. GRRM in the past has tended to kill characters because of a certain continuous trait that eventually leads them to their death (Neds honor, Tywin underestimating Tyrion, etc.) Will the fact that Arya cannot give up on her kill list, and quest for vengeance eventually lead to her death? I don't think the facelessmen will be happy about her taking up her own vendetta's, especially if she ends up going back to Westeros, and leaving them behind. I guess only time will tell

Pretty much this. I had hope before the "Mercy" chapter. Not so much now.

Same here. I've said she would be Jon's nisa nisa and would die, but I still held out hope I would be wrong..and that the obviousness of her arc pointing to her death would subvert it. Now, it's going to be like Robb's death, obviously coming except you can't stand to admit it.

"You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers."

i've never thought this foreshadowed her death, it's a lighthearted exchange between brother and sister. however i'm in the minority on that.

I think that there's been a lot of foreshadowing of her death. However, didn't GRR say in an interview that Arya was his wife's favorite character and would be strongly displeased if he killed her off? Perhaps it was tongue in cheek. Jon's comment regarding needle, the Ghost of High Heart's reaction to her, all seem to point to a dire fate. Perhaps he changed his mind about her halfway? Even if she survives, she'll be quite damaged, far more than her other siblings.

I dont think Arya will die, and I think not being able to kill everyone on her list will be a case of "cant always get what you want"

An interesting development would be forcing her to kill someone she cares about.

Her bittersweet ending is finding vengeance and having no place to return.

She didn't seem to be overly concerned about what the FM would think and she's been down this road before. Maybe she's thinking they have a 1 for me, and 1 for you policy on killing lol. I don't know I can't imagine they will be happy. Having said that, if you were an assassin agency, having a multi lingual, truly hard working and talented kid on your roster you might work hard to try and bring her along. So, maybe she will get a 3rd chance.

Well, I think Arya has considerable plot armor and that George is unlikely to kill her off. At least for awhile. It seems that Arya has more to do. She is finally crossing names off her list. One of the names on her list is one of the biggest bads in the series. Contrary to all the character analysis and talk of grey characters, Cersei is bad. And someone needs to get Cersei by the end. I mean come on... she and Petyr Baelish are Stark Enemies One and Two from the very beginning. There is no way they're escaping unscathed and if they do I think most readers will be very unsatisfied.

I can't read that new chapter and not think at the end that justice, not just vengeance, has been served for Lommy Greenhands. And very, very clever that such poetic justice was served up in a chapter involving play acting (for what was Shakespeare if not a poet?)!

I loved, loved, loved this new chapter. So many hints at so many things, such great pacing, and a killer ending. I have a sense that now we are really in for a fantastic end to this story, that George has been trying to get to this stuff for a long time now (he does say this is an old piece) and the end will be awesome. (I am excited!)

I am speculating wildly here... but my prediction is that Arya will be the one to unravel Varys' secrets. They are foils in a way. Varys is like but unlike Arya. Varys and Arya are both skilled at being sneaky and at playing a part/role when they must. They are both survivors(Varys directly says he is a survivor when he remarks on how he keeps paddling). But Varys' character is ice where Arya's is fire. Varys is cold and calculating, Arya is hotheaded and rash. Yet this scene in this new chapter shows Arya becoming more calculating, becoming colder, if you will. I think this and the rest of the implications of Arya training as a mummer underscores the idea that Arya is following in Varys' footsteps, as she has been since the beginning in GoT when she was literally following in his footsteps under the red keep.

Consider that what Arya overheard there greatly concerned her about her father's well being. She is not likely to forget that, or any other part of that conversation.

My other wild speculation is now that Arya will be part of the fulfillment of the valonquar prophecy. I think this may also involve Ser Meryn, Ser Ilyn, Jaime, and Brienne in some fashion.

Are there going to be repercussions for not being able to dedicate herself to serve the FM? I can't imagine there wouldn't be as secret assassin guilds can't just let trainees leave with their secrets... sort of defeats the purpose of being a secret assassin guild. However, Arya is a survivor... and maybe she can survive that too.

I think Arya will have to modify her kill list in the end. The only people on her list still alive are Cersei, Ilyn, Meryn, and Dunsen. (I don't count the Freys in that just yet.) So three of those people are in the high court at Kings Landing, except for now Ser Ilyn is in the Riverlands with Jaime and judging by her killing style, she isn't likely to poison them. Does she know that Amory and Gregor are dead? I just don't see her finishing off her kill list as being realistic in the timeline for the books. IDK maybe I'm wrong, but I think she's gonna have to give up the vendetta in the end.

I say she lives. I fully admit I could be very wrong. I don't think she'll get a happily ever after but if she marries my bet is Gendry.

I think her next assignment might well be to kill Daenerys, but as she gets to know her she will be unable to do it. When enough time has passed between her arrival and her scheduled return with no word of the dragon queen's death, the FM will send another assassin to kill Daenerys. Arya recognizes the guy's tactics and saves Daenerys, thus fully severing her ties to the FM and earning her a place with Dany's potential court. However, she stands a good chance in this scenario of having to maintain whatever false identity she has. Revealing who she is and why she was sent would be terribly risky. Look what happened to Jorah. With her warging she's got a good shot at Master of Whispers, if nothing else.

At any rate she will abandon the FM. I don't think they'll kill her over it. They'll just shrug and say she had promise but was never going to go all the way with her training.

I feel the Nymeria storyline parallels her own and indicates that she will become important in Westeros, a leader in some capacity.

My thinking is that Jon Snow will either end up directly controlling Winterfell or exerting a great deal of influence on whoever does. That he will end up finding out that Arya is in Bravoss and he will send her to Danaerys, in secret and/or as part of a delagation in order to hedge things for his House, in case Stannis fails.

Probably she is no longer part of the FM, but she leaves on amicable terms. I see her merging into the Essosi storyline with Dany and Tyrion.

Archived