The Dashing Lord Snow

specialsnowflake

I've already said that we'll find out Jon has Rhaegar's ears.

loooool. Im sure its not the only thing he got from the Rhae-man. (Rhae-gun)

I know that's strange that he's known all the way in Braavos and his sister is hearing about him.

Yet like I said Jon is just.... Not to mention that Kit is like this Greek God only his just too short. I still would take Kit and when I was done he would be claiming that I raped him and I'd claim that you can't rape the willing.

Jon isnt tall though. Kit's height fits! Sam is also taller than he is in the books.

Oh god you guys just reminded me I get to watch kit in action tonight..... :drool: I can hardly contain myself.

And he was Snarky Jon! Hooooooo

When Jon comes back from the dead, I think his appearance will change at least to some extent, and not for the better either.

I always imagined Jon as a slightly better than average looking guy.

His scars probably make him a tad less attractive.

I think Jon post-Ides of Marsh is going to be gnarlier but not exactly worse looking. Just rougher and meaner with a nasty glint in his eye.

A little like this, maybe?

Harry Lloyd was actually in the running for Jon Snow at one point, as I recall. :D

Wow that would have blown R+L=J waaaaaaaaaaay hella days ago. :P (i love Harry Lloyd lots, but i cant see anyone else being Jon than Kit.)

This says it all-

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/263/b/e/catelyn_by_quickreaver-d2z5wv8.jpg

Attractive without the classical beauty/handsomeness because he's got a mysterious, dark and sharp appearance to him.

That's my head canon, although Kit is fine too!

That guy looks like he has a unibrow and has a nose that would make the carvers of rushmore weep

I feel gay for even looking at this topic.

But since the ladies apparently can't decide what Jon Snow looks like, here's some images from the wiki to help you along:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:MKomarck_JonSnowLC_II.jpg

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Jon_snow_by_teiiku.jpg

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Jon_Snow_Ghost.jpg

Edit: Link should be fixed.

That guy looks like he has a unibrow and has a nose that would make the carvers of rushmore weep

Yeah im not a fan of that image. I dont like how his face is.

I feel gay for even looking at this topic.

But since the ladies apparently can't decide what Jon Snow looks like, here's some images from the wiki to help you along:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:MKomarck_JonSnowLC_II.jp

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Jon_snow_by_teiiku.jpg

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Jon_Snow_Ghost.jpg

your first link is busted, pal.

Second one is a wee bit too pretty in the face. Needs to be a bit more...i dunno...rugged?

Third one looks like Arya cosplaying Jon.

:lol: Just wanted to stress that long faces are narrow as well. :) Otherwise you wouldn't even comment on its length,wouldn't even notice that. Imagine long face that is also wide... It's the width that would determine the shape (squared, very round). To complicate things further, I think that long face is essentially a narrow face, elfin, elegant.

Aww, look at that pouty lips and gentle eyes...

Cue lame joke how dude looks like a lady.

Is Jon handsome? Not really. Ned says Jon's face is so "much like a younger version of his own" in that chapter where he meets Robert's bastard. As general consensus is that Ned was not very handsome, I''ll say Jon is not handsome either. I'd say Jon and Ned as good looking but nothing special like Robert, Jaime or Loras. As for R+L=J, I 've seen children who have attractive parents but aren't very good looking themselves in real life. Hell, Arya looks like Lyanna and is said to be beautiful while her father was plain and has zero physical resemble to her beautiful mother. I can easily see the handsome Rhaegar and beautiful Lyanna have okay looking Jon who is a dead ringer for his materal uncle.

Is he attractive? I find him so. I find him LOADS more attractive then the conventionally handsome Rhaegar and Robert. A rugged don't screw with me face, an mysterious attitude, willing to get his hands dirty, a badass sword and wolf.

I think Jon post-Ides of Marsh is going to be gnarlier but not exactly worse looking. Just rougher and meaner with a nasty glint in his eye.

Yeah, probably.

Because unlike Cat, his face wasn't carved up and his body didn't rot in water for 3 whole days.

I think Mel will resurrect him almost immediately.

Heck, he may not even die. He could just be heavily injured or in a coma when Mel heals him.

The main purpose of having Jon being a dead wringer of Ned is to help hide R+L=J and considering the situation, Ned was lucky for those genetics in Jon. He couldn't have asked for better luck in passing him of as his own son and not a Targaryen.

That being said, I actually like how the show 'prettied him up' because I feel it makes more sense with who his parents are...and not down to bloody good luck genetics for the plot and his situation! They really do empathise how 'pretty' show!Jon is with all the Wildling and Craster comments he gets on the matter....more so than any of the other characters. :rolleyes:

However, there is also something very satisfying about not having one of the main 'heroes' being the cliche handsome or attractive type they tend to be. It adds to the fact that Jon is very much a son of Ned and the Starks rather than his beautiful parents. But I do imagine Jon to be a male version of Lyanna with hints of Rhaegar in his features. I just really want him to have taken something from his biological father be it ears or nose.

• 4 months later...

I don't particularly care for any of these, actually. He looks a bit too pretty in all of them. I think he needs to be a little more rugged.

However, there is also something very satisfying about not having one of the main 'heroes' being the cliche handsome or attractive type they tend to be. It adds to the fact that Jon is very much a son of Ned and the Starks rather than his beautiful parents. But I do imagine Jon to be a male version of Lyanna with hints of Rhaegar in his features. I just really want him to have taken something from his biological father be it ears or nose.

I also enjoy that he's not cliche handsome too. I started this topic because I think a lot of people wrongly assume that he's plain, but I definitely don't want him to be the most beautiful man in Westeros just because he might end being the hero, if there is one.

And I too really want him to have inherited some of Rhaegar's features. I kind of want a moment in the books where someone who knew Rhaegar sees Jon after learning the truth and thinks, "How did I never see it before?" Ned will always be Jon's father to me, but I do want some kind of nod to Rhaegar.

Watched 3 1/2 seasons of the show before starting the books, so Jon Snow is Kit in my head as I read.

But I loved reading this thread! Jon is amazing!

IMO Jon's looks must be exceptional:

Dany and Jon are mirrors or a sigil and his bastard sigil: the same but counterchanged.

This has probably been discussed before so just a few examples: Both join a new family in the beginning (NW=black blood/Doth.=Blood of my Blood) and in the process of "inclusion" abandon a brother (Robb/Viserys) who subsequently dies. The NW believes itself to be about fighting wildlings, wich Jon revolutionises by leading them through the wall to protect them. The dothraky are slavers, Dany turns them into "slave freeers". Both have a Mormont at their side that doesn't get what the true mission is. Jon wears black Dany white/silver.... this could be dragged out forever

Dany is extremely beautiful so IMO Jon could either be hideous or stunning, but never average. As women are all over him and no one ever comments on him being ugly, I think only the last can be true.

Whether Dany and Jon meet as antagonists serving each other fire and blood, star-crossed lovers, or (my guess) strategic allies, you'll learn all you need to know about our Lord Snow's appearance from her. Love Dany but she's kind of shallow when it comes to that sort of thing, and WILL notice what he looks like unless her second time with the Dothraki changes her significantly.

Damn it I thought this was a Ramsey thread.

:lmao:

Watched 3 1/2 seasons of the show before starting the books, so Jon Snow is Kit in my head as I read.

But I loved reading this thread! Jon is amazing!

Whether Dany and Jon meet as antagonists serving each other fire and blood, star-crossed lovers, or (my guess) strategic allies, you'll learn all you need to know about our Lord Snow's appearance from her. Love Dany but she's kind of shallow when it comes to that sort of thing, and WILL notice what he looks like unless her second time with the Dothraki changes her significantly.

:lmao:

Yes I do believe that we would get a full description/appreciation via Dany.

I have to say I'm partial to that one too, though it may just be the scene...

Maybe ^_^ Can't wait to see that scene in the show. Even if, for me, book Jon is much more attractive than TV Jon.

Archived