How does Dany get back to Westeros?

AnotherCrannogman

It will be quite Ironic if the kingdom unites to destroy her. I honestly don't see how realistic it would be for her to take over Westeros with a foreign army. Not to mention she has a limited amount of real soldiers.

I actually wonder if someone will awaken more dragons.

Westeros has fallen to three foreign invasions. One of them was commanded by a Targaryen.

With ships sailing through the smoking sea while the volanoes erupt. Mountains blowing in the wind like leaves, the sun (light of the fourteen fires) rising in the west setting in the east as she sails through the ruins of valyria. Maybe the sea bed will rise behind aswell and she'll ride a tidal wave to westeros.

I don't really know, She'll likely have to sail, though Quaithe did say about heading east to go west, maybe she and the dothraki will travel east and find their way through the lands of always winter.

Edit: Sorry for short crackpot with no basis, mixed up two prophecies. :blushing:

Westeros has fallen to three foreign invasions. One of them was commanded by a Targaryen.

That comparison is a bit farfetched don't you think? You have Dany with thousands of people without shirts compared to a supported noble with many of the Westeros cultural aspects. I would even say they were superior in many ways. Dany's force is more like a hoard. I'm not arguing about the possibility of Westeros falling. With the failing families its certainly possible. The question is whether a real foreign force can take over Westeros and maintain it under their control.

Victarion's ships, combined with the fleet from Volantis.

This, and whatever ships are captured in the Battle of Meereen by Victarion. Dany can also have the Yunkai'i give her whatever ships they have so she can leave Slaver's Bay for good and their city unmolested. The Yunkai'i and Meereenese would be glad to see the back of her. "No city wants an army on its doorstep."

To reach the west, you must go east.

GRRM said we wouldn't go any farther east than Qarth. Besides, going to Westeros by the east is incredibly risky as they are uncharted waters with no known stops for freshwater and food. It would be quicker and easier to sail west, and there are clues to pointing Dany landing on Dragonstone and in the Vale.

Victarion's ships, combined with the fleet from Volantis.

Agreed.

The only doubt I entertain is what happens with Khal Pono and his khalasar? Will these Dothraki follow her to Westoros? If so, not enough ships. Will they go by land? If so, who leads? It's an uncertain loose end....

I am curious to know if Dany can develop an army that isn't simply a hoard. Thats why I view the Unsullied as a vital part of her force. I fully agree on the idea that the way they were trained was bad, but I do view them as a means to an end. She essentially destroyed much of the foundations of her force. The Dathraki seem like a rogue force that could turn against her. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more drama with her and them.

This, and whatever ships are captured in the Battle of Meereen by Victarion. Dany can also have the Yunkai'i give her whatever ships they have so she can leave Slaver's Bay for good and their city unmolested. The Yunkai'i and Meereenese would be glad to see the back of her. "No city wants an army on its doorstep."

GRRM said we wouldn't go any farther east than Qarth. Besides, going to Westeros by the east is incredibly risky as they are uncharted waters with no known stops for freshwater and food. It would be quicker and easier to sail west, and there are clues to pointing Dany landing on Dragonstone and in the Vale.

Interesting. What are these clues?

Interesting. What are these clues?

Ser Wun Wun finds plenty of clues for Dragonstone

"There has been no king in the Vale for three hundred years," Petyr Baelish pointed out.

"The dragons came," Lord Nestor agreed.

Tyrion was aming's name before the dragons came

Dragons came the last time there was a monarch in the Vale; so when dragons come again, it will mean there is a king in the Vale again, Tyrion.

This is Andalos, my friend. The land your Andals came from.

and another where someone had chiseled the seven-pointed star of the new gods upon a boulder. Petyr said that marked one of the places the Andals had landed when they came across the sea to wrest the Vale from the First Men.

Tyrion takes on the alias Hugor Hill in his journey with Connington, after the legendary king of the Andals. Tyrion passes through Andalos, the land of the Andals who invaded the Vale from across the Narrow Sea. Tyrion will have Dany land in the Vale, possibly in the Fingers close to LF's lands.

I think Tyrion would advise her to land in the Vale, especially since he advised Aegon to land in Dorne, so it's already taken. The Vale was untouched by the war, and is still at full reserves along with being a good base for launching an invasion. It's vulnerable from invasion by sea yet protected from counterattack from the rest of Westeros by the Mountains of the Moon and the Bloody Gate, with the mountains inhabited by the mountain clans whom Tyrion has good contacts with. Another main reason being that Tyrion is still itching to pay his debt to the Vale for Lysa's treatment of him.

The Vale also fought on Rhaenyra's side in the the Dance of Dragons.

Archived