How does Dany get back to Westeros?

AnotherCrannogman

I wonder if Dany will even try now? It was her brother's dream to take the IT, not hers. She just wants to go home. If her new Dorthraki tribe make her feel like she is finally home and safe. She may just be content with what she has.

I agree, but I would be surprised if the Literature makes her stay there. Then she would just be a tease.

"Thousands of people without shirts"... Yeah because it's not like she can just, I don't know, make them wear shirts, is it?

Obviously did not catch on to the differential cultural aspect I was actually referring to. It's okay, you learn something new everyday and today you learned a little bit on sarcasm. Fact is she has a foreign army whose culture is entirely different from Westeros. Its one thing to have a force enough strong enough to take over a kingdom, and its another thing to see on how the people feel about another culture dominating theirs. Can stability be kept? Probably not.

OKay guys, crackpot comin' through! Back away...

Seeing as how Vic and Tyrion may ( dont beilve it for a second, but) become Dragonnriders couldnt she just leave the conquering of Volantis to them and head to Westeros or vice-versa

That would be dissapointing after waiting for soo long for other POVs to interact with Dany

@fireeater

Just a crackpot theory of course but...

IMO Robb, Arya and Sansa will conquer the south.

I thought Robb died?

How is Arya going to bet to Westeros in time to fight Aegon? With what army are Sansa and Arya going to fight Aegon? Not even the Vale, the North and riverlands are enough. They have no claim to the IT, what men are going to fight and take commands from two girls who haven't even reached the age of 16? They have no reason to fight Aegon, and they have no desire for the throne. Dany did have a few swords, and three dragons.

What evidence do you have to Dany losing two of her dragons by the time she reaches Westeros? She will likely keep them close.

Brandon the Builder didn't build SE, Durran did.

When Dany comes back to Westeros, it will be where it began for her, Dragonstone. Maybe she already has potential allies there preparing for her, ala, Auriane Waters and the mysterious Ser Loras Tyrell? Nevertheless, Dragonstone first then she will use that as her HQ in the second dance of the dragons vs Aegon. I would bet though, after Dragonstone, due to Tyrion's influence, The Vale of Arryn, where Tyrion makes Littlefinger Fly.

Well the show is making it seem like she will return with a huge army ready to conquer all, and obviously they have a better idea than us about what is going to happen.

Having read the books before the series I was always of mind that either she goes back with the Iron Born, or she stays there with her slave-free kingdom.

Personal theory: She stays in the east, working to unite/stabilize the cities there, since she realizes she can do the most good there and they kind of need her. The freed slaves already love her dearly, and she's built up a strong power base. With time, she may reach to the west on a peaceful terms, but I think the IT will not be her goal.

The land bridge will rise again, which is now the stepstones by Dorne. This is the how the Dothraki will cross the narrow sea with their horses to envade Westeros. I believe this will happen because in the Arianne chapter from WOW its Ariannes neice I think is in a cave and discovers writings on the wall in the cave from the children of the forest. Why would GRRM put that in the chapter if it was not relavent to the story. Arianne and CO will tell someone what they saw in the cave,the wright person will here and try to work out the spell. The land bridge will rise.

I don't know about specifics, but I think Dany will go to Westeros by way of Pentos (and maybe Volantis). My suspicion is that the Tattered Prince is going to reveal some information about Illyrio, and this will help give Dany some motivation to ditch Meereen and head west. Mopatis will become one of the lies that she slays and his actions may be considered one of the treasons against her. This also also jives with the whole "you must go back to go forward" stuff.

Archived