How does Dany get back to Westeros?

AnotherCrannogman

OKay guys, crackpot comin' through! Back away...

Seeing as how Vic and Tyrion may ( dont beilve it for a second, but) become Dragonnriders couldnt she just leave the conquering of Volantis to them and head to Westeros or vice-versa

If she could return to Westeros why would she still care about Volantis unless she wants to become the empress of the Westeros-Essos Commonwealth...

If she could return to Westeros why would she still care about Volantis unless she wants to become the empress of the Westeros-Essos Commonwealth...

yah, but, shes a-uh messiah!

No, but seriously i thought were talking about whats going to hapen with volantis?

yah, but, shes a-uh messiah!

No, but seriously i thought were talking about whats going to hapen with volantis?

We are discussing how she will get back to Westeros.

One thing that I will say, is that Volantis is ripe for the pickings. Most of their fighting men are in ships bond for Meereen. The slaves and the priests of the Red God are very pro Dany. If Vic, Selmy, Grey Worm and an army of Unsullied and Iron Born are able to go around the Volantis fleet undetected in Vic's boats, and then head for Volantis, they could easily conquer it in Dany's name. They could then head for Pentos to hopefully meet up with Dany.

There are too many ties pointing to Pentos for Dany. She needs to face that red door, damn it!

I think she crosses the Sunset Sea to land in Lannisport. In the process we'll find out what happened to Brandon the Shipwright.

:agree:

"There has been no king in the Vale for three hundred years," Petyr Baelish pointed out.

"The dragons came," Lord Nestor agreed.

Tyrion was aming's name before the dragons came

Dragons came the last time there was a monarch in the Vale; so when dragons come again, it will mean there is a king in the Vale again, Tyrion.

The Vale also fought on Rhaenyra's side in the the Dance of Dragons.

She will sail east to go west. The "King" in the Vale when she arrives in Lannisport with Drogon will be Queen Sansa. But some of Dany's dragons might get to westeros before she does. And she can't leave Essos while there are still Slaves to free (Volantis etc.). This is her true mission. IMO Aegons conquest foreshadoed the Stark conquest of the south through Robb and his sisters Sansa and Arya against (f)Aegon. I believe Dany will reach Westeros, but not for a while and when she does, the Starks will be in power. IMO she will not succeed in conquering it. She will loose against them.

She will sail east to go west. The "King" in the Vale when she arrives in Lannisport with Drogon will be Queen Sansa. But some of Dany's dragons might get to westeros before she does. And she can't leave Essos while there are still Slaves to free (Volantis etc.). This is her true mission. IMO Aegons conquest foreshadoed the Stark conquest of the south through Robb and his sisters Sansa and Arya against (f)Aegon. I believe Dany will reach Westeros, but not for a while and when she does, the Starks will be in power. IMO she will not succeed in conquering it. She will loose against them.

GRRM said we wouldn't go any farther than Qarth. Sailing east to go west is incredibly risky with no known stops for freshwater and food, and in uncharted waters. The problem with Sansa is that she isn't a king, and ha sno desire for the IT. I don't see anything pointing towards Arya and Sansa fighting Aegon. Aegon's Conquest bears little in resemblance to Robb's campaign. Robb shares more in common with the Young Dragon. How can the Starks take the IT with no claim, and no swords? The Northmen will be pledging their support to Stannis, and how would the Starks fare against dragons? Also, the scenario leaves out the fact that Dany is supposed to fight Aegon in the second Dance.

After Vic dies, Dany well tell the IB that they can either surrender the use of their ships to her-or get roasted. She'll first sail to Volantis and sack it as well, before finally heading off to Westeros.

Plus, Tyrion will likely have worked out a deal with them before then, and gotten their loyalty. He knows he needs the Iron Fleet to ferry him, Dany and her army to Westeros, and he has dealt with their ilk before in the form of the mountain clans. She will likely get the tigers on the Volantene fleet to defect, and then head for Volantis, and then to Lys to inform Lynesse of Jorah's death, and it is also where she meets Edric Storm.

Posted this in another thread.

Dany uses Drogon to take command of Jhago's Khalassar and immediately rides for Meereen. Meanwhile Barristan/Grey Worm lead a final desperate attack against the Yunkish camp. Dany and the Dothraki arrive and launch a devastating surprise attack on the disease-ridden and leaderless Yunkish rear. The Second Sons and Windblown both defect to Meereen. Meanwhile Drogon attacks the Qarth/Volantine fleet off Meereen, setting many ships ablaze and causing the formations to break apart. They then are ambushed by Victarion, who has arrived in Slavers Bay. All of this leads to the complete annihilation of the Yunkai and their allies. Victarion is convinced by Moqarro to join Dany while the Ironborn follow him thanks to the huge plunder they got from the Volantine/Qarth fleets and Yumkish camps. Dany and her forces of Dothraki, Unsullied, Sellswords, and Ironborn march on Volantis and the defenseless city gives them the ships needed to cross the narrow sea.

She remembers what Quentyn was talking about and lands in Dorne, along the way recruiting Aurane Waters and his fleet in the Stepstones. She lands off Plankytown and hears about the Golden Company's conquests in the Stormlands. This brings her, Dorne, and Connington into a big mess of a political confrontation.

@fireeater

Just a crackpot theory of course but...

IMO Robb, Arya and Sansa will conquer the south. This is foreshadowed in Jon Snows massage to Robb via Tyrion in the beginning "Tell Robb that I'm going to command the Night's watch and keep him safe, so he might as well take up needlework with the girls..." It is foreshadowed in the Conquest of Westeros by Aegon Targaryan: Visenya was a great warrior, more comfortable in ringmail and dabbled in sorcery. she represents Arya. Rhaenys was beautiful, desired by many men, and loved the arts She is represented by Sansa. Aegon wars in the riverlands, as does Robb. With Aegon Harren was the ruler, and not liked, so the riverlords especially the Tullys supported him. With Robb the Lannisters are already hated for sending the Mountain, and the riverlords support his claim, too. (As he dies and loses them, Arya/or Sansa need to win them back.) Like in a mirror the roles of the sisters are reversed however, and sansa conquers what visenya conquered: she flew into the vale and stole the heir away from his mother and by that secured the vale without spilling blood. Rhaenys and Orys (=Arya and Gendry) conquer the stormlands ((f)Aegon is already headed there). There will be only one battle where both Sansa's and Arya`s troops are involved representing the Field of fire where all three dragons where used. IMO It could take place in or close to stoneysept as foreshadowed at the second blackfyre rebellion and robert's rebellion. The first time, jon connington was hand to mad aerys and fought Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark, Jon Arryn and Hoster Tully. This time Jon Connington will be Hand to Aegon Blackfyre and fight Gendry, Arya, Sansa/Harry and Brynden Tully. At the end of the Targaryan war of Conquest Reanys (who was ill suited for this task compared to her warrior-sister) was unable to conquer Dorne by force, and later generation had to gain it by marriage. This time, Arya the warrior could fail at winning Dorne, she could refuse a marriage alliance brokered by Sansa between her (Arya) and Trystane Martell. If anybody else tried to force her into marriage, she would have killed that person, but she promised her father not to kill Sansa "no matter what the offence" when he allowed her to keep needle, and so she will flee to the wall instead thereby fullfilling Melisandre's prophecy of the grey girl on the dying horse on the third try after Alys Karstark and Jeyne Poole. Oh, and I did not say that they will sit the IT. I think KL will burn. The Starks will rule Westeros from Winterfell. And concerning claim, obviously by conquest just like Aegon I. As to swords: Dany was sitting in the desert with hardly any swords... she managed. Sansa gets the Vale by marriage=swords, I can totally see the riverlords declaring for stark again, and there is the BwB, about half of them are following a Stark already. This is ASOIF we should not underestimate girls. You assume that Dany still has three dragons when she comes to Westeros, I think she will be down to one. Also I think Dany is the storm and Brandon the Builder saw her coming and built Stormsend, wich is where she will lose. But of course pure and just for fun speculation.....

Well Ser Jorah is ostensibly going to tell her about how the slaves of Volantis are waiting for her signal.

“Should you reach your queen, give her a message from the slaves of Old Volantis.” She touched the faded scar upon her wrinkled cheek, where her tears had been cut away. “Tell her we are waiting. Tell her to come soon.”

That comparison is a bit farfetched don't you think? You have Dany with thousands of people without shirts compared to a supported noble with many of the Westeros cultural aspects. I would even say they were superior in many ways. Dany's force is more like a hoard. I'm not arguing about the possibility of Westeros falling. With the failing families its certainly possible. The question is whether a real foreign force can take over Westeros and maintain it under their control.

"Thousands of people without shirts"... Yeah because it's not like she can just, I don't know, make them wear shirts, is it?

@fireeater

Just a crackpot theory of course but...

IMO Robb, Arya and Sansa will conquer the south. This is foreshadowed in Jon Snows massage to Robb via Tyrion in the beginning "Tell Robb that I'm going to command the Night's watch and keep him safe, so he might as well take up needlework with the girls..." It is foreshadowed in the Conquest of Westeros by Aegon Targaryan: Visenya was a great warrior, more comfortable in ringmail and dabbled in sorcery. she represents Arya. Rhaenys was beautiful, desired by many men, and loved the arts She is represented by Sansa. Aegon wars in the riverlands, as does Robb. With Aegon Harren was the ruler, and not liked, so the riverlords especially the Tullys supported him. With Robb the Lannisters are already hated for sending the Mountain, and the riverlords support his claim, too. (As he dies and loses them, Arya/or Sansa need to win them back.) Like in a mirror the roles of the sisters are reversed however, and sansa conquers what visenya conquered: she flew into the vale and stole the heir away from his mother and by that secured the vale without spilling blood. Rhaenys and Orys (=Arya and Gendry) conquer the stormlands ((f)Aegon is already headed there). There will be only one battle where both Sansa's and Arya`s troops are involved representing the Field of fire where all three dragons where used. IMO It could take place in or close to stoneysept as foreshadowed at the second blackfyre rebellion and robert's rebellion. The first time, jon connington was hand to mad aerys and fought Robert Baratheon, Ned Stark, Jon Arryn and Hoster Tully. This time Jon Connington will be Hand to Aegon Blackfyre and fight Gendry, Arya, Sansa/Harry and Brynden Tully. At the end of the Targaryan war of Conquest Reanys (who was ill suited for this task compared to her warrior-sister) was unable to conquer Dorne by force, and later generation had to gain it by marriage. This time, Arya the warrior could fail at winning Dorne, she could refuse a marriage alliance brokered by Sansa between her (Arya) and Trystane Martell. If anybody else tried to force her into marriage, she would have killed that person, but she promised her father not to kill Sansa "no matter what the offence" when he allowed her to keep needle, and so she will flee to the wall instead thereby fullfilling Melisandre's prophecy of the grey girl on the dying horse on the third try after Alys Karstark and Jeyne Poole. Oh, and I did not say that they will sit the IT. I think KL will burn. The Starks will rule Westeros from Winterfell. And concerning claim, obviously by conquest just like Aegon I. As to swords: Dany was sitting in the desert with hardly any swords... she managed. Sansa gets the Vale by marriage=swords, I can totally see the riverlords declaring for stark again, and there is the BwB, about half of them are following a Stark already. This is ASOIF we should not underestimate girls. You assume that Dany still has three dragons when she comes to Westeros, I think she will be down to one. Also I think Dany is the storm and Brandon the Builder saw her coming and built Stormsend, wich is where she will lose. But of course pure and just for fun speculation.....

This is probably one of the most crackpot things I have ever seen and I'm willing to bet a fortune nothing like that would ever happen.

As to answering the op's question well Vic's and Volantis's fleet!

Archived