Heresy 108

Black Crow

I hope you're right, but I still think there is a possibility that their "child of the forest" may end up being a child wight, (eta perhaps a combination of leaf and coldhands) and their three eyed crow may end up being a "friendly" White Walker.

Thing is, that'd be outstandingly spoilerific. One thing is to not have a Coldhands (wich we won't) and another is to directly fuse the children of the forest and Blood Raven into the wights/WW. That'd change everything. Even if in the books that's still a possibily, that would give it up entirely, wich would be... boring/dissaponting.

Also thinking that girl in the snow to be a flashback of sorts of the one on the first episode.

Thing is, that'd be outstandingly spoilerific. One thing is to not have a Coldhands (wich we won't) and another is to directly fuse the children of the forest and Blood Raven into the wights/WW. That'd change everything. Even if in the books that's still a possibily, that would give it up entirely, wich would be... boring/dissaponting.

Also thinking that girl in the snow to be a flashback of sorts of the one on the first episode.

Well Martin has already hinted that there are going to be different endings with the books and the show, primarily because he suspects the show will end before the books. So I'm not sure how much of the shows we can really rely on to give us insight into the books.

No possibility I think. We already know of "those who sing the song of the earth" from old Nans stories.

Bloodraven is the 3EC, and he has been in the show sinces 01e02. We will see him. Probably in the last episode of the season.

The wight girl was the exact same clip as in s01e01, and was only a vision Bran had about wight, as well as he had a vision about The Others. Remember, even though they are well known to us as watchers, Bran has no idea that they reallt exist.

There is only so much fun this one can have speculating about the show...

Another possibility on the image with the blue eye....maybe its Blind Symeon Star Eyes watching hell hounds fighting.... :cool4:

Okay; maybe not. But I did want to post this query about the whole Bran touching/warging the Weirwood tree in Episode 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he did get Weirwood visions in the book unitl after he ate Weirwood paste and warged into the tree. So this is as someone pointed out earlier, a short cut on Bran's story arc.

And finally:

@King of the Starks....liked the reference to the Heart of Winter. I think we posted our responses at the same time and were pretty much in step with each other.

Well Martin has already hinted that there are going to be different endings with the books and the show, primarily because he suspects the show will end before the books. So I'm not sure how much of the shows we can really rely on to give us insight into the books.

Yep, he's said that the books are his and the show is D.B.'s and David's. He's pretty okay with the changes they've made.

Another possibility on the image with the blue eye....maybe its Blind Symeon Star Eyes watching hell hounds fighting.... :cool4:

Okay; maybe not. But I did want to post this query about the whole Bran touching/warging the Weirwood tree in Episode 2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he did get Weirwood visions in the book unitl after he ate Weirwood paste and warged into the tree. So this is as someone pointed out earlier, a short cut on Bran's story arc.

And finally:

@King of the Starks....liked the reference to the Heart of Winter. I think we posted our responses at the same time and were pretty much in step with each other.

You are right, it looks like they are mixing images of what should have been Bran's dreams before he left WF with visions he had after eating the paste.

I like the Symeon star eyes idea Mace.He probably in a frozen hell.

I would hope so, considering he's had quite the hand in the mutilation

So whom should we blame for this artrocity?

Tyrion rubbed at his scarred, scabby nose yet again, and ugly habit that drew the eye to his ugly face. " You have never asked me how Robb died, or your lady mother."

"I... would sooner not know. It would give me bad dreams."

" Then I will say no more."

" That... is kind of you."

" Oh yes, " said Tyrion. " I am the very soul of kidness. And I know about bad dreams."

I just don't get the lack of " dreams " being unimportant enough to warrant this kind of deviation from GRRM's storyline. This represents the Two Swords Brunch I think...

I like the Symeon star eyes idea Mace.He probably in a frozen hell.

According to Eddard, the 'Frozen Hell' is reserved for the 'Starks of Winterfell'… Though I suppose that Symeon could have been a Stark.

According to Eddard, the 'Frozen Hell' is reserved for the 'Starks of Winterfell'… Though I suppose that Symeon could have been a Stark.

He could have been.The image did look like it had one blue eye,but its features looked tortured.It may have been a visual illusion based on the clarity.But it sure looked like if it was frozen in a not to pleasureable facial expression.Just the way it was chosen to be displayed in a crystal seemed weird,it gave it a feeling of the figure being trapped.

He could have been.The image did look like it had one blue eye,but its features looked tortured.It may have been a visual illusion based on the clarity.But it sure looked like if it was frozen in a not to pleasureable facial expression.Just the way it was chosen to be displayed in a crystal seemed weird,it gave it a feeling of the figure being trapped.

This is probably what Bras saw when he looked North & North & North, beyond the curtain of light… This is probably what he saw that terrified him, just prior to his waking-up & naming his Direwolf Summer...

This is probably what Bras saw when he looked North & North & North, beyond the curtain of light… This is probably what he saw that terrified him, just prior to his waking-up & naming his Direwolf Summer...

I agree i was thinking that maybe the show combined his coma dream with his visions after he ate the Weirwood paste.

ETA: which is why we should be very cautious about looking for clues to the books in the show, too much is being changed.

And thus we should talk in the NOVEL section of this forum not about the show.

People want to talk about these images and the show? Go to the show forum.

:)

Horizon, it is customary on Heresy that we do take a heretical look at the show looking for "easter eggs" and anything that may be pertinant to Heresy when the season is in progress.Doesn't mean we don't continue our regular discussions,but the show is not excluded ;)

The reason we discuss some images from the show is because they don't appear in the books and it's interesting to see the new images D&D put in. They know the ending of the books so when they put images like the one in Bran's vision with the WW they're hinting at what they are or something about them that doesn't appear on the books. It gives us new ideas and theories about WW and other Heresy theories.

Horizon, it is customary on Heresy that we do take a heretical look at the show looking for "easter eggs" and anything that may be pertinant to Heresy when the season is in progress.Doesn't mean we don't continue our regular discussions,but the show is not excluded ;)

This has been true for each season ^

Archived