Breaker of Chains Episode Guide

Westeros

I

C) The scene was meant to introduce Cersei's problems with sexual abuse into the show without having flashbacks as an aid, hence Robert could not be the one to rape her on the show, seeing as we never got that sense from him in season 1 (we knew he was physically abusive because he hit her in the face but nothing indicated that extreme in his portrayal on the show) but since Cersei only ever thinks about the rapey behavior of her dead husband in AFFC without sharing it with others, there is no way to introduce that element, as the show has never done flashbacks and does not have the luxury of inner monologue that finally got people around to understanding her behavior once Cersei became a POV. the only way to introduce that element would be to give it to a character who has sex with her and lancel has not shown up in a while so that leaves noone but....Jaime Lannister unfortunately but it can then also lay the stones for their falling out, her mimicking that sort of behavior with others later on, etc. In that sense she's a victim who later becomes offender herself and it's important that these elements be kept in the show but for them to be there at all, sadly one needs to introduce them and here is where the absence of flashbacks really becomes visible as a problem.

Love this post.

Also I have a vague idea in my head of a mutually abusive relationship where one party engages in physical and sexual abuse of the other.........but then the other engages with psychological and mental abuse using the guilt of the first party to manipulate them into doing heinous acts.

Love this post.

Also I have a vague idea in my head of a mutually abusive relationship where one party engages in physical and sexual abuse of the other.........but then the other engages with psychological and mental abuse using the guilt of the first party to manipulate them into doing heinous acts.

The next time Jaime and Cersei meet in the books it is basically the reverse of the sept scene and Cersei tries to force herself on Jaime and Jaime has to push her away (people say she tries to seduce him but she doesn't try she just goes for it). I think this would work really well on the show, especially after the sept scene, to explain how confused their relationship is and that her response is just to do the same back to him.

No we don't, which is why there isn't. There was a 2 and a half minute sex scene in this episode and about 30 seconds of nudity (not even sex) combined in the first 2 episodes.

So thankfully, your concerns are unwarranted. When you have something legitimate to complain about, come on back and we'll talk again.

So sorry, I didn't actually time it - glad you did. I can come back on? Thank you soooo much!

FYI despite my few posts shown, I am actually not a newby and used to post on here regularly 3 - 4 yrs ago, but snarky comments like your own directed at other posters who somehow, some way disagree with you made me lose interest in this forum. It's only since I am now re-reading the books that I have come back on for the occasional posting.

And yes, whether it's 2.5 minutes or 10 there is still far too much time wasted on sex scenes that could be better used on the storyline as per the books.

But if it keeps you watching then that's what's important isn't it. For myself I'd rather have more of the story on camera.

Does it seem like in the first season they were more likely to take dialog straight out of the books, and in this season even in scenes that are straight out of the books they change up the words?

Someone needs to ask George about the episodes he writes.

We know there was a scene in Blackwater he did not write , but we have no idea what percentage of his dialog might have been changed. Also in Blackwater Peter ad libbed a line, but its was good and good actors will do that.

George wrote the PW, I am not going to check that chapter, but I am almost sure a lot of dialog was 'messaged' , shall we say, and I think by George.

Storm of Swords came out in 2000, but GRRM has said he wrote PW in 1998 or something like that.

I got the impression from the show that what changes were made , not so much the dialog, as the visual story, are due to him. He has had nearly 15 years to think about the wedding party sequence again, also using his skills as a teleplay writer to think through things.

For instance the hair net changed to a necklace , the color of the stones, I am thinking that came from George for reasons of his own.

I know that scene had to be carefully planed so D and D and Graves were involved to.

I feel , so far, it's a difficult adaptation and Dave and Dan have done a fine job ... small strange dialog slips and dramatic sequencing that crept in , but overall most changes don't bother me.

The next time Jaime and Cersei meet in the books it is basically the reverse of the sept scene and Cersei tries to force herself on Jaime and Jaime has to push her away (people say she tries to seduce him but she doesn't try she just goes for it). I think this would work really well on the show, especially after the sept scene, to explain how confused their relationship is and that her response is just to do the same back to him.

This scene from the book would go a long way in smoothing out the Jaime arc flare up that has occurred. I doubt we see it though.

Fuck D&D.

Giving every character an unnecessary brutal, violent side while ensuring Daenaerys looks spot-free all the time (even making Daario likeable - wtf?). The lengths to which these two clowns have gone to force 'DANY IS GOOD' down our throats disgusts me to the core.

Fuck D&D.

Giving every character an unnecessary brutal, violent side while ensuring Daenaerys looks spot-free all the time (even making Daario likeable - wtf?). The lengths to which these two clowns have gone to force 'DANY IS GOOD' down our throats disgusts me to the core.

I sincerely don't have a clue what you're talking about. Is it possible so many people are stuck playing AD&D 2nd edition? Too much time spent thinking of 9-point alignment grid?

Dany on the show has:

Implicitly approved of Drogo painfully murdering her brother

Burned a woman to death on a pyre purely for revenge

Callously locked up Xaro and her former handmaiden in an airtight vault to die

Ordered Astapor razed and a man burned to death by Drogon

Suggested to the slaves of Meereen that they should rise up and murder their masters

Nope, not seeing the brutal, violent side to her. Maybe they should insert all the missing brutal, violent things in the book she did. I'll let anyone go ahead and find those...

I sincerely don't have a clue what you're talking about. Is it possible so many people are stuck playing AD&D 2nd edition? Too much time spent thinking of 9-point alignment grid?

Dude the show. Everything about it screams 'Humanity is flawed, except Dany!'. The show makes Jaime force himself on Cersei. Makes Stannis burn Florent not for a legitimate reason (treason) but just because he's an infidel. The show makes Jaime pummel his cousin Alton Lannister (Cleos Frey's replacement) to death.

They are giving people a dark hate-able side. Except Dany. They spare her from this. Her enemies are all clasically irredeemable alien people with detestable lifestyles and everyone loves her. In the books Dany has a massive flaw in that she develops a liking for someone as douchey and annoying as Daario. In the show Daario isn't that douchey or annoying, some would say lovably carefree even.

D&D disgust me to the core. Dany locking up Xaro, you kidding me? Guy who conspires against the already established messiah of Game of Thrones, yeah won't get much sympathy or Dany hate from that at all.

The man burned to death: asshole supreme. So no nobody's going to go 'Dany how could you?'.

And that disgusting, utterly cringe worthy crowd surfing scene 'Mhysa'. Ugh. The 'poor, dark people' see the white powerful saviour come to rescue them from inferiority. Horrible.

Dude the show. Everything about it screams 'Humanity is flawed, except Dany!'. The show makes Jaime force himself on Cersei. Makes Stannis burn Florent not for a legitimate reason (treason) but just because he's an infidel. The show makes Jaime pummel his cousin Alton Lannister (Cleos Frey's replacement) to death.

They are giving people a dark hate-able side. Except Dany. They spare her from this. Her enemies are all clasically irredeemable alien people with detestable lifestyles and everyone loves her. In the books Dany has a massive flaw in that she develops a liking for someone as douchey and annoying as Daario. In the show Daario isn't that douchey or annoying, some would say lovably carefree even.

D&D disgust me to the core. Dany locking up Xaro, you kidding me? Guy who conspires against the already established messiah of Game of Thrones, yeah won't get much sympathy or Dany hate from that at all.

The man burned to death: asshole supreme. So no nobody's going to go 'Dany how could you?'.

And that disgusting, utterly cringe worthy crowd surfing scene 'Mhysa'. Ugh. The 'poor, dark people' see the white powerful saviour come to rescue them from inferiority. Horrible.

Well George does it too.

Well George does it too.

George doesnt turn Daario from total douchebag to relatively likeable fellow to justify Dany's horrid taste in men. How can you compare the genius GRRM to D&D like that?

And he doesn't force cringe worthy white saviour worship scenes down our throat either. D&D openly said they are Dany fans, and also that they don't like Jaime and that Stannis in their opinion is a villain lol. Really awesome job twisting the adaption of the book series horribly just to force your own incredibly dumb and baseless views on watchers.

Can anyone who wants to criticise the writing do it more constructively than saying fuck the showrunners and that they disgust them to the core, it just gives other people who criticise the show a bad name and provides reply fodder for those who appear to brook no criticism of it.

Don't recall, was the crowd surfing with the strong white superiority undertones heavily emphasized in the books?

Nope, the show scene is a total mess. In the books, the newly freed slaves (who are culturally and racially very diverse, with many even looking similar to Daenerys herself) hail her as "Mhysa", after which they start trying to touch her and even her horse, which I've always thought was intended to be similar to the reception Joan of Arc often faced in France.

Don't recall, was the crowd surfing with the strong white superiority undertones heavily emphasized in the books?

The white superiority thing really is a load of bullshit from a world that's becoming far too politically correct. They used local extras because they were cheaper, and had to have a 'Slaver's Bay' look. Daenerys is from Westeros and thus, based on the world that has been created, is white.

Archived