Jon’s queen ~ Adding all foreshadowings up.

Jon's Queen Consort

I’m not partial to Jon Snow/Jeyne Westerling happening, but I think there is some foreshadowing for it.

1. Jeyne shares the name and is the descendant of Queen Jeyne Westerling who married Maegor Targaryaen. If Maggy gave any prophecies to her family or her family inherited her gift, giving Jeyne that name might not be a concidence. And if that’s true, giving Jeyne the name of the Westerling who married a Targaryen instead of one who married a King of the Rock becomes even more meaningful.

2. Jeyne feels certain she is going to give birth to twins. At first I wrote this off as twins being common in the westerlands: Cersei and Jaime, Kevan’s sons, and Robert’s twins with the Casterly Rock serving wench. However, after reading TPATQ, it also seems like twins are common among Targaryens as well.

3. “Lady Sybell looked as if she had swallowed a lemon. ‘You want a Westerling to marry a bastard?’ ” (Jaime AFFC). Since Sybell being so against the idea of her child marrying her bastard makes it more likely to happen, and I doubt Jon will entirely lose the bastard stigma even when revealed to be legitimate (or made legitimate). Alternatively, after changing her cloak again, Sybell will push for a Jon and Jeyne marriage if Jon becomes king.

4. Back to the Maggy the Frog relation, if the Westerlings have access to prophecy, it would be easy to misinterpret the prophecy and think Robb fulfilled it instead of Jon (similar to how Cersei thinks Tyrion is the valonqar when it’s more likely to be someone else) –ie The prophecy could've said that Jeyne will marry the king or Jeyne will marry a wolf or Jeyne will marry a northerner, or etc.

Which bastard is Sybell talking about here? Also, is it possible for Jon to marry Joy Hill to seal off any conflicts with the Lannisters? I know house disputes have been solved like that before...? I mean not all the Lannisters were rotten, it started with Tytos being a dumbass so Tywin had to become a hardass to bring Lannisters back to respect.

I'd be happy but not too happy if he ended up in a political marriage, like the one Ned and Cat had. At least this way there would be a chance for love. It would kind of mirror Brandon's betrothal being passed to Ned, just as Robb's to Jon.

Im not partial to Jon Snow/Jeyne Westerling happening, but I think there is some foreshadowing for it.

1. Jeyne shares the name and is the descendant of Queen Jeyne Westerling who married Maegor Targaryaen. If Maggy gave any prophecies to her family or her family inherited her gift, giving Jeyne that name might not be a concidence. And if thats true, giving Jeyne the name of the Westerling who married a Targaryen instead of one who married a King of the Rock becomes even more meaningful.

2. Jeyne feels certain she is going to give birth to twins. At first I wrote this off as twins being common in the westerlands: Cersei and Jaime, Kevans sons, and Roberts twins with the Casterly Rock serving wench. However, after reading TPATQ, it also seems like twins are common among Targaryens as well.

3. Lady Sybell looked as if she had swallowed a lemon. You want a Westerling to marry a bastard? (Jaime AFFC). Since Sybell being so against the idea of her child marrying her bastard makes it more likely to happen, and I doubt Jon will entirely lose the bastard stigma even when revealed to be legitimate (or made legitimate). Alternatively, after changing her cloak again, Sybell will push for a Jon and Jeyne marriage if Jon becomes king.

4. Back to the Maggy the Frog relation, if the Westerlings have access to prophecy, it would be easy to misinterpret the prophecy and think Robb fulfilled it instead of Jon (similar to how Cersei thinks Tyrion is the valonqar when its more likely to be someone else) ie The prophecy could've said that Jeyne will marry the king or Jeyne will marry a wolf or Jeyne will marry a northerner, or etc.

If Jon marries Jeyne Westerling I'm certain GRRM will turn Jon into a Henry VIII situation.

Throwing some Mel in there...

“I can show you.” Melisandre draped one slender arm over Ghost, and the direwolf licked her face. “The Lord of Light in his wisdom made us male and female, two parts of a greater whole. In our joining there is power. Power to make life. Power to make light. Power to cast shadows.”

:love:

"he will make use of me"

:wub:

I’m not partial to Jon Snow/Jeyne Westerling happening, but I think there is some foreshadowing for it.

1. Jeyne shares the name and is the descendant of Queen Jeyne Westerling who married Maegor Targaryaen. If Maggy gave any prophecies to her family or her family inherited her gift, giving Jeyne that name might not be a concidence. And if that’s true, giving Jeyne the name of the Westerling who married a Targaryen instead of one who married a King of the Rock becomes even more meaningful.

2. Jeyne feels certain she is going to give birth to twins. At first I wrote this off as twins being common in the westerlands: Cersei and Jaime, Kevan’s sons, and Robert’s twins with the Casterly Rock serving wench. However, after reading TPATQ, it also seems like twins are common among Targaryens as well.

3. “Lady Sybell looked as if she had swallowed a lemon. ‘You want a Westerling to marry a bastard?’ ” (Jaime AFFC). Since Sybell being so against the idea of her child marrying her bastard makes it more likely to happen, and I doubt Jon will entirely lose the bastard stigma even when revealed to be legitimate (or made legitimate). Alternatively, after changing her cloak again, Sybell will push for a Jon and Jeyne marriage if Jon becomes king.

4. Back to the Maggy the Frog relation, if the Westerlings have access to prophecy, it would be easy to misinterpret the prophecy and think Robb fulfilled it instead of Jon (similar to how Cersei thinks Tyrion is the valonqar when it’s more likely to be someone else) –ie The prophecy could've said that Jeyne will marry the king or Jeyne will marry a wolf or Jeyne will marry a northerner, or etc.

Jeyne is going to get killed when Edmure busts out. Not happening.

Throwing some Mel in there...

“I can show you.” Melisandre draped one slender arm over Ghost, and the direwolf licked her face. “The Lord of Light in his wisdom made us male and female, two parts of a greater whole. In our joining there is power. Power to make life. Power to make light. Power to cast shadows.”

:love:

"he will make use of me"

:wub:

:ack:

I'd rather not fuck a fire mummy, and I think Jon's with me on this one.

I feel that John's story arc must climax in the battle to save the realm from the Others. Therefore its almost certain he has to die defending Westeros. Martin doesn't waste much time on character development once his main players have served their purpose to the plot. This means he dies serving his true love, the Watch, and by extension the people of Westeros. No fairy tale romances and no kingships for the last Targaryen.

I know readers do not like having their theories disproved by the television show, but no matter the differences between the two, something as important as Jon's wife (which, in the context of Jeyne Westerling, equates to his queen) would not have been dispensed with so blithely by Benioff and Weiss. As such, I think we can safely rule out Jeyne Westerling as an option.

I am sorry, I really like you posts but wut? I cannot see how Agamemnon is Stannis.

Mladen mentioned that Agamemnon killed a stag sacred to Artemis, while Stannis killed a metaphorical stag (Renly). The price they paid in both cases was and likely will be their innocent daughter.

So to sum it up:

Agamemnon killed a sacred stag and paid for his sin with Iphigenia.

Stannis killed a metaphorical stag (Renly) and he will pay for his sin with Shireen's life.

This eliminates Sansa and Arya as Jon's queen. Although they are first cousins and Jon's law might not include first cousins, they grew as half siblings and I don’t think Jon will be consent in marrying them. I also think Jon needs some political gains from his marriage. He already has the North/Riverlands (probably the Vale too) even without marrying Sansa/Arya. He needs more.

Jon doesn't have the Vale.

Timmett doesn't have the Vale either.

Not yet! I absolutely love the theory he is the son of the daughter of Alys Arryn who was "stolen" on the way to her wedding though. This would put him ahead of Harry in line for the Vale because Harry is the son of a younger daughter.

It would be fabulously ironic. Of course it would mean Sweet Robin died.

Not yet! I absolutely love the theory he is the son of the daughter of Alys Arryn who was "stolen" on the way to her wedding though. This would put him ahead of Harry in line for the Vale because Harry is the son of a younger daughter.

It would be fabulously ironic. Of course it would mean Sweet Robin died.

That seems out of left field.

Archived