GOODKIND IX - Killer Queen

MinDonner

How did Nicci drive her hand into someone's chest? I don't understand, she never held Truth, never was able to harness its fury! Only Richard can drive his hands through people's bodies, through muscle and bone, and tear out organs!

How did Nicci drive her hand into someone's chest? I don't understand, she never held Truth, never was able to harness its fury! Only Richard can drive his hands through people's bodies, through muscle and bone, and tear out organs!

She did not drive her hand through him, she used a two handed swim move to to open his chest, then ripped his heart out. Two handed pulling vs one handed pushing, it all makes perfect sense.

Actually, I would have to say that the "punching into someone's body and ripping out vital organs" aspect of some of TG's confrontations with the UnTruthful is a demonstration. Yeardi wants us all to know that Evil People do not have normal bone structures.

Yes, all of the truly Evil people (those who don't like Richard) have skeletons made out of cartilage, because they are sub-human: probably descendants of sharks mating with book critics. These vile beings choose to fight against the inevitable Truth, and so they choose Death.

One must "punch" through the "skins" of their Lies and the "bones" of their Hatred for Objectivism, and "rip out" the "vital internal organs" that allow their harmful fallacies to continue to propogate.

As one who doesn't like SoT any more, I have proclaimed myself on the side of the ignoble Shark People, and am also threatened with manual disembowlment, of the mental kind. Unfortunately, like in real life, it does not work, either physically (like in Mortal Combat) or mentally (people talking about the Truth to me). :D

Somebody asked for a review of TG (BBHN) books. Here is a very short one of Phantom:

New York Times - very short review

And guess who's bitching about it?

Some lines that caught my eye...

Well,Terry is laughing about it. He called last night and was telling me aboutit, I looked it up and got a good chuckle....

Um...how did terry see it? What with him not having internet an all?

the Author (WHO BTW... died a bit ago... OF A DRUG OVER DOSE! LMAO!),

Wow, that's a really compassionate way to talk about another HUMAN BEING. How noble.

It's good to see that mystar is far too honourable to waste his time slagging off authors online.

In the other instant (Dick the Ripper), didn't he rip out the spinal cord (or was it the spine/spinal column)? This always struck me as weird, because, as you can see on Neuroscience for Kids, it cannot be easy to extract the spinal cord from the spinal column, unless, of course, there's no bone, only cartilage. Vigo, I think you're onto something.

Yes, all of the truly Evil people (those who don't like Richard) have skeletons made out of cartilage, because they are sub-human: probably descendants of sharks mating with book critics

:rofl:

I second: "lemmings of discord" as new thread title. Maybe one could expand it to "lemmings of discord = what you get from sharks mating with book critics" for clarity.

This is from the interview posted on his page. I’m going compose an email based on this because he hit a pet peeve of mine. The email will be a bit nicer.

In the Middle Ages, one way individuality was crushed was to make the human form unimportant. Art was a means to this end. When their bodies become unimportant, the process of devaluing people as individuals had begun. Middle Age art frightened people into accepting that the human form was corrupt. Just like in Faith of the Fallen, their art represented the human form as wooden, unbending, and lifeless. There is no animation to the figures, no joy in life. So, if 10,000 people died because some leader decided to massacre them on that day, it didn't really matter because life didn't matter -those who sacrificed and suffered were going to go to some kind of glorious afterlife.

If I didn’t think Terry was an asshole before, he would’ve qualified by this statement alone.

The man has no understanding of history of how things were Nor an understanding of why art developed as it did. Earlier in the interview he goes on about how you can’t criticize him for not trying his best because in ever book he did the best he could. He should try to understand how life was different in the Middle Ages and how that shaped their reality. Because the people living then did the best they could.

Their art represented the human form as wooden, unbending and lifeless because it wasn’t until the Renaissance that a greater understanding of how to create more realistic images was developed. Instead of slamming them he should be holding the people of the Middle Ages up as examples of humans have overcame tremendous hardship and set the ground work for the Renaissance.

Like in his books Terry constantly sets up straw men. All of his rationales are predicated with a lengthy explanation. Having to explain a common term is a sign that something is wrong with the argument.

This is a poem by St Francis of Asissi written in the 13th Century. Can anyone explain how this is designed to crush the human spirit?

The Tree of Love

The tree of love its roots hath spread

Deep in my heart, and rears its head;

Rich are its fruits: they joy dispense;

Transport the heart, and ravish sense.

In love's sweet swoon to thee I cleave,

Bless'd source of love . .

End of rant, back to mocking!

If I didn’t think Terry was an asshole before, he would’ve qualified by this statement alone.

I think you'll find that it all makes a lot more sense if you replace every instance of the phrase "the Middle Ages" with "The Sword of Truth series". It's called projection I believe. :)

Edit: To expand a bit; Goodkind accusing any other art of being "wooden, unbending, and lifeless" is just... Well, I don't know what to call it, lets just say that I will be needing to change my Irony-o-meter.

And in the spirit of mockery, could we not turn his words back on him? ( I don't know how to quote...)

"...one way individuality was crushed was to make the human form unimportant. Art was a means to this end..." What, as in creating a series of books that advocates killing anyone and everyone who you consider evil? Doesn't the fact that you are going to kill them make their form unimportant?

"...their art represented the human form as wooden, unbending, and lifeless..." Sorta like your prose?

And then there's that whole historical thing...what with the style and technology and available materials of the time, and withmost people not seeing art anywhere except in churches anyway...so I would think that them believing in a creator would already be a given.

Ah well :)

Whooaa. This Terry Goodkind has issues... :( :sick: :rolleyes::lol: I've skimmed through The Sword of Truth, and it didn't seem that good to me. The writing seemed pretty amatuerish and gratuitous. I've heard he writes a lot of gratuitous and repetitive rape scenes involved the main female character, Kahlan. I mean.....I wouldn't be surprised if Terry Goodkind was BEATIN HIS MEAT, while writing that ugly scene between Kahlan and Jagang.

By the way, anybody know anything about Goodkind's background? What was this guy's social life like since birth. His family upbringing. His Grammer school years? His High school years? His college years? How can people not notice the bad quality of his writing, and not wonder what's going on in this guys head? It's almost hard to believe how much his books are on the bestseller lists.

The latest QOTD just proves that my theory is true: Richard is a virus. As he has infected Nicci, she has now the power to rip hearts out of people's chest, despite the fact that there's the sternum, the lungs and muscles to block her path. Just like Richard pulling out the spinal cord.

Mystar needs to get a life. Period.

And guess who's bitching about it?

I don't understand why every person on that thread decided because the reviewed didn't care for the book that he is an idiot. A lot of people don't like a lot of different books (aSoIaF included), this does not make them idiots. It makes them INDIVIDUALS who THINK FOR THEMSELVES. I would have thought fans of Terryism would prize individual differences more than anyone else, and welcome the sharing of viewpoints. Instead, the people who posted in that thread (and I am not generalizing over the whole base of fans) merely mock the different opinion and propose "agendas" for the NYT Bestseller list. (A list, BTW, which mystar insists is not representative of a books actual sales, merely of the amount of money spent promoting it, while hypocritically gloating over his favorite author's place on it)

Obviously Terry does not need to concern himself with "learning" or historical accuracy," since he is
<ahttp://forum-test.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_rofl2.gif' alt=':rofl:'> I watched that link and then at the end
video was linked...its basically a puff piece for Goodkind to promote Phantom. He does admit though that Richard is his "alter ego".

From Mad Moose's sig: "Grrratch luuug Raaaach aaarg!" ~ Terry Goodkind

Reading that just made me explode with laughter at my place of work! I had to leave the room! I'd forgotten all about Gratch in the years since I stopped reading TG.

From soneone who has not read that particular paragraph (or book, for that matter);

Is that sentence supposed to be read "Gratch love (or like?) Richard!" ????

Yep, that's exactly what it is saying. Gratch loves Richard.

And who can complain about a lack of Furry Sex tensions in SoT after revelations such as that? :P

How did Nicci drive her hand into someone's chest? I don't understand, she never held Truth, never was able to harness its fury!

To me, it seems like that the objectivist persuasion is like ninjutsu, it’s not magic, they just get superpissed and when they are, they can perform seemingly impossible feats.

Last night I had my computer playing random music from my music library as I always do when the song Just For by Nickelback came on. I know, I know, its Nickelback, hardly a statement of cool to have that in my library - give me a break ok, I did only buy that one album (Silver Side Up) but never again. However the lyrics strongly reminded me of the latest QotD and I was thus inspired to create another song parody. Enjoy :D

I want to take his spine out (with my bare hands)

Just for lacking moral clairty

Yes I do

I want to take his testicles off (with my bare hands)

Just so I can make him eat them

Yes I do

And I want to rip his heart out (with my bare hands)

Just for not being an objectivist

And I want to break his philosophy down

Yes I do

And I want to make them

Regret life since the day they ignored volition and chose death

Yes I do

And I want to make them

Take a massive pronged Namble phallus up the arse

Yes I do

And I want their ears cut off and brought back as trophies

Just for being an evil communist

And I want to commit mass genocide because its not evil if I do it

Yes I do

:lol:

From the latest traffic on my blog, it looks like someone posted the link to the parodies on the Goodkind forum... but when I went over there to have a look, the thread had been deleted :( Did anyone see what it said?

I also have a great comment on the main parody page from some illiterate tosser who thought all the details in the crib sheet were completely wrong. I think he must have been thinking of some different books...

Archived