"Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode

-Yes, Tyrion's trial was very well executed and Peter was amazing in it, but my favorite piece of acting in the episode was from Alfie Allen. His Reek portrayal is simply perfect, he looks utterly broken. I wish they include the rhymes at some point.

-Oberyn not giving a single fuck. I love the actor.

-Varys saying "I believe the phrase "Fuck the king" was uttered" made me laugh uncontrollably.

This was probably my fave episode of the season so far. SO much love for this ep...

1. Tyrion (can we give Peter the damn Emmy right now please?? :bowdown: )

2. Jamie/Tywin exchange

3. Anything/everything Prince Oberyn (not getting up when Tywin came in was AWESOME!)

4. DROGON!!!! :eek: (wonder what his little brothers are up to??)

5. The scene with Theon just broke my heart :crying: (MAJOR kudos to Alfie Allen!)

5. A bit of humility (??) for Dany

6. Varys/Oberyn chit chat

7. The whole damned trial

8. Jamie being utterly crushed by Tyrion's "confession" and his demanding of a trial by combat

9. Shae reminding me again of why I hate her so much

10. The STARE DOWN between Tyrion and Tywin

Well-well...

- Oberyn

- Tywin

- Daenerys

- DROGON

Okay, more detailed:

- Oberyn's small council scene

- Oberyn during the trial

- Tywin and Jaime

- Tywin during the trial

- Daenerys's face when Hizdhar gave a compliment on her beauty (And I really like Emilia Clark's acting this episode)

- Ramsay and Theon scene. I can't help it, Ramsay's amazingly portrayed (amazing writing, amazing actor). And, ALFIE ALLEN DESERVES THE BLOODY EMMY, NOT PETER DINKLAGE.

- Tyrion's confession was great (though absolutely overrated by the audience yet again)

- and the BEST BLOODY SCENE OF THE WHOLE BLOODY EPISODE WAS DROGON RISING AND ROASTING THE GOAT. SO FUCKING AMAZING. He's the best CGI dragon ever. Absolutely love him.

1. Tyrion (can we give Peter the damn Emmy right now please?? :bowdown: )

2. Jamie/Tywin exchange

3. Anything/everything Prince Oberyn (not getting up when Tywin came in was AWESOME!)

4. DROGON!!!! :eek: (wonder what his little brothers are up to??)

5. The scene with Theon just broke my heart :crying: (MAJOR kudos to Alfie Allen!)

5. A bit of humility (??) for Dany

6. Varys/Oberyn chit chat

7. The whole damned trial

8. Jamie being utterly crushed by Tyrion's "confession" and his demanding of a trial by combat

9. Shae reminding me again of why I hate her so much

10. The STARE DOWN between Tyrion and Tywin

:agree: Plus Salladhor Saan

Almost everything was excellent, but if I had to pick:

-Drogon. Extraordinary. He puts Smaug to shame. Looks so real!

-Yara already establishing herself as a kickass lady (running from the hounds notwhistanding...)

-Oberyn in everything, especially "Did you?" "What?" "F** him like it was his last night on this world?" *smirk*

-Tyrion's confession and Jaime's face when he demands trial by combat.

-I was suprised by Hizdahr. He was just annoying in the books to me but with this short appearance they already gave him some dimension. And motivation.

-Braavos looks mouthwateringly good (dat opening shot)

-Stavos at the Iron Bank was great, it seems like the show is finally taking Stannis uphill. This was a very smart change IMO.

-Yara aside from the murky ending to that scene. Her speech was great, the hooks and the ax and all.

-Reek proving himself in a way that is better than we could ever hope for without hearing his thoughts.

-DROGON! The dragons are officially badass. We are getting really close to a very good dragon scene from the books >:) this was great set up

-Dany's scene in the Throne room. Thank god from no more crazy shouting. It really didn't give Emilia a chance to act and portray her softer side (which she nailed in season 1).

-Everything in King's Landing. Oberyn not standing up to Tywin (and his general witty remarks). Shae's confession (it's got much more layers than in the books). Jamie making a sacrifice for Tyrion and Tywin manipulating it apparently. All of it was perfect.

-Tyrion losing it (of course)

Braavos looked great as did the Iron Bank.

I also liked the Jamie/Tywin deal, its a rare improvement over the books in terms of plotting.

Totally agree..

Thought it was a really nice touch. And served as a perfect 'breather' before they introduced Shae..

I've gotta believe that Tywin knew exactly who the next witness was.. (especially knowing that he's 'involved' with Shae in whatever disgusting capacity as book readers know) ...

My point is. He knew gosh darn well that Tyrion was going to lose it whenever Shae was called to the stand.

The deal was (in my eyes) an empty gesture to placate Jamie.

And in the process, Ty lost his chance at the heir/dynasty he's always dreamed of.

I love the wrinkle that this deal added.

Fueled the Lannister fire all the more.

Other than Tyrion's 'confession', it would have to be the deal that Jaime made with Tywin, and the fact that Tywin was CLEARLY waiting for Jaime to come to him and had it planned out all already. Just love that Tywin was so, so smug and thought he had everything taken care of, only to have Tyrion ruin his carefully laid plans.

BRAAVOS GETTING ON THE OPENING CREDITS MAP

When i realized i was seeing the Titan pop up, i popped up a proverbial semi. lol

Mycroft Nestoris

Tywin acknowledging the twincest the only way he dared: "father children with the name Lannister!"

Oberyn sarding the whole damn thing and pretty much making fun of the trial in his own way.

Dany getting shot with the Feelz-O-Laser and finally visibly caving and realizing theres an oopsie to be had.

Hizdahr's likely bullshit story showing that hes pretty damn manipulative.

"IM REEK! REEK REEK REEK!!" Alfie :bowdown:

Sallador Saan being in the episode. I need more Salla.

Davos' continuous existence.

The rise of Tyrion's Dark Side being out there in the open. I knew Dinklage would want to play that up. I knew it...

ASHA'S FUCKING SPEECH GOD DAMN I SAID GOD DAMN

RIGHT? That shit was money!

Agreed

about that deal, i had the feeling from the show that tywin was already decided on sending tyrion to the wall. When Confronted by jaime about killing his own son he repeats 2 times that he will receive appropriate punishment. I had even the feeling that tywin was surprised by jaime proposal, not really expecting it, or manipulating jaime to formulate it

Great scene

Archived