[Book Spoilers] R+L=J and other theories on HBO V.2

Suzanna Stormborn

Yeah, he seems like a Stark that ran away from home.

Think that's done to develop a 'type' for Dany and Jon's looks are going to fit it? *saves Bran from falling out of a tower*

I could totally take him for Brandon :-)

And, yes, I think that this might be a foreshadowing for Dany's "type" (no chances for blonde Jorah, I guess :D)

Think that's done to develop a 'type' for Dany and Jon's looks are going to fit it? *saves Bran from falling out of a tower*

He does! :D

And good call out on that the audience may be getting a subtle hint to Dany's future.

Haha! He does look like a Stark. :P

HE'S BRANDON'S BASTARD! It is known...

ShowDaario! 2.0 reminds me of Gwaine from Merlin.

The main complaint about Jon/Dany is that Jon is not Dany's 'type' and I can definitely see the Stark resemblance in show!Daario. They also had Dany and Jon appear all lovey dovey in that Entertainment photo shoot... :dunno:

Brandon meaning Brandon the Shipwright? :) He disappeared to never be seen again, and his son, cleverly named Brandon as well, burned his father's ships.

If the Stark looks can survive so long in the North, why wouldn't they somewhere else? ;)

Indeed! There could be a whole host of Starks running around Essos. :devil:

I have to say, it makes me so happy that this thread is such a Jon/Dany-friendly place. :)

:agree:

Hey, anywhere where I'm not called a stupid fangirl who wants the series to end like fanfiction, just because I interpret foreshadowing and appreciate parallel narratives, is good with me.

:cheers:

Long live Ghost and Drogon, they make a lovely couple. http://37.media.tumblr.com/694fb67de37a9ab066347027c7cfe830/tumblr_n3y1zeedye1t5f685o1_1280.jpg

Brandon meaning Brandon the Shipwright? :) He disappeared to never be seen again, and his son, cleverly named Brandon as well, burned his father's ships.

If the Stark looks can survive so long in the North, why wouldn't they somewhere else? ;)

Indeed! There could be a whole host of Starks running around Essos. :devil:

What about Rodrik Stark, the Wandering Wolf? He spent some time in Essos and everywhere else. He could have bastards all over.

I read the first version of this thread, just glancing through this, and saw that -- whoa -- JonDany friendly?

I'm in, for life!

Seriously though, if you immediately discredit their relationship/friendship, I think we've been reading a different book series. How can you ignore the signs? Following this thread...

I read the first version of this thread, just glancing through this, and saw that -- whoa -- JonDany friendly?

I'm in, for life!

Seriously though, if you immediately discredit their relationship/friendship, I think we've been reading a different book series. How can you ignore the signs? Following this thread...

Seriously, there's so much foreshadowing for Dany coming to the Wall, I don't see how there's any denying that she and Jon will meet.

tenuous alliance --> grudging respect --> genuine affection

Sure, this isn't a fairytale with 'happily ever afters,' but this is a series where affection and love between characters at least exists.

Hey, anywhere where I'm not called a stupid fangirl who wants the series to end like fanfiction, just because I interpret foreshadowing and appreciate parallel narratives, is good with me.

I'm not sold on Jon/Dany, and I think the "type" argument is more about personality, but I agree, it's absurd to dismiss talking about relationships, as though that's any less valid than any other plot point.

And then there's also the assumption that we are saying they will live happily ever after, when no one says any such thing.

I'm not sold on Jon/Dany, and I think the "type" argument is more about personality, but I agree, it's absurd to dismiss talking about relationships, as though that's any less valid than any other plot point.

And then there's also the assumption that we are saying they will live happily ever after, when no one says any such thing.

It's the same with Jaime & Brienne. I don't need (nor expect) them to get married and have a bunch of blonde babies in order for me to love the obvious respect and affection they have for each other.

It's the same with Jaime & Brienne. I don't need (nor expect) them to get married and have a bunch of blonde babies in order for me to love the obvious respect and affection they have for each other.

Exactly. The story is still being told, we're just saying there's something there.

And they don't like the love word, either, unless it's "a wife and a family and a dog and a cat" kind of relationship, so I use it anyway, just because. And look who is using the word love now, the director:

So, all of a sudden, I'm in a bathtub in Belfast filming a guy and a girl arguing, naked, about all these complex things and they're in love and they don't know it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-director-alex-graves-discusses-season-4-future-westeros-interview-1592009

Archived