(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

I've wondered the same. Though, in the book I felt it was unnecessary for her to suffer such a disfiguring injury. She's already famed for her homely looks and receives criticism from everyone for it... What plot /character development can arise from worsening this? I think the show will just have her be grievously wounded in some other way. Tyrion got to keep his nose, afterall.

i'm with you on this....the budget for this show is sky high already, no real need for even more makeup/CGI for facial injuries for Brienne...though it was a bit disappointing to see Tyrion's nose i remember the show making a nice excuse, cersei looking at him and saying "they made it sound much worse than it is" i thought that was a clever way for the show to get out of extra costs...

having said that....LS needs to be disfigured for sure...at least something like Berric's...she's not gona have much screentime for now anyway, they should spring for serious injuries....without them, the creepy effect would go down significantly :frown5:

I've wondered the same. Though, in the book I felt it was unnecessary for her to suffer such a disfiguring injury. She's already famed for her homely looks and receives criticism from everyone for it... What plot /character development can arise from worsening this? I think the show will just have her be grievously wounded in some other way. Tyrion got to keep his nose, afterall.

I know, I hated that GRRM did that to her in the books. Why Brienne? Hasn't she suffered enough?

Myrcella, too. It wasn't enough to get her face slashed, she had to lose her ear, too?

Oh I agree, I'd rather they didn't meet as well. I was merely considering it, they tend to do things that don't really make sense just for the heck of it.

They do things that don't make sense, that's for sure. I was just arguing against them doing it.

I fuckin love this scene. I'm so torn on Rome. Had it not been cancled, we probably never would have gotten GoT, but it was a great show in its own right.

For me it's the greatest fight scene in TV series ever.

As for the show - love it. I think I even slightly prefer Atia over Cersei...I wish Polly Walker would get a role on GoT.

HBO YOU CRUEL DEVILS! GIVE US EPISODE 8, NOT THE NORMAL HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the worst, that damn hiatus. I'm literally eating ice cream to fight the depression.

I propose to play the "Where's the recap ?" game while waiting ! =D

Anyway, trying to throw some spec on the episode : we can affirm that the duel will be the last scene, but what do you think will be the second-to-last ? I hope for the Wall but it could also be Arya and the Hound.

Anyway, trying to throw some spec on the episode : we can affirm that the duel will be the last scene, but what do you think will be the second-to-last ? I hope for the Wall but it could also be Arya and the Hound.

The Wall I think, setting up episode 9.

For me it's the greatest fight scene in TV series ever.

As for the show - love it. I think I even slightly prefer Atia over Cersei...I wish Polly Walker would get a role on GoT.

It could have been had it not been canceled, but they had to cram a large amount of history into a very small amount of episodes during season 2. It felt rushed for that reason. I whole heartedly agree about Polly Walker. Kevin McKidd would be my personal choice for Jon Connington, though from what he's said in interviews he'll never be apart of GoT because he's bitter about Rome being canceled.

I fuckin love this scene. I'm so torn on Rome. Had it not been cancled, we probably never would have gotten GoT, but it was a great show in its own right.

I'm currently watching it right now. I'm on episode 4 of Season 2. I love it so far. Too bad they didn't have more seasons, it is getting really good. It's cool to see Edmure Tully, Ellaria Sand, and Mance Rayder in their roles. My GF was like, "hey! that's that goofy dude, who married the pretty Frey girl." lol

Alright, I'll try distracting myself from my immense sorrow by predicting how the episode will go down:

- Sansa confession scene with Littlefinger (4 min)

- Follow-up Sansa scene (the order can be swapped) (3 min)

- Cersei and Tywin short scene (Tywin asking Cersei to withdraw the claims- "I'll burn my house to the ground") (3 min)

- Mole's Town attack (3 min)

- Ramsay tells Theon to go take Moat Cailin (long, single sequence) (8 min)

- Danaerys bath scene (maybe end with her getting a letter) (4 min)

- Arya and the Hound fight the Knight at the Vale (4 min)

- Arya leaves the Hound (4 min)

- Gilly escapes and arrives at Castle Black, informs about the wildlings. Jon looks beyond the wall and notices the wildlings are there. (5 min)

- Tyrion, Oberyn conversation (3 min)

- Trial by combat! (12 min)

Archived