(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

18 minutes for King's Landing (3 scenes - Tywin/Cersei, Oberyn/Tyrion, Oberyn/Mountain)

10 minutes for Arya/Hound (1 or 2 scenes, an extra one if they get as far as her abandoning the Hound)

8 minutes for Moat Cailin (I think this will all be 1 sequence)

8 minutes for Night's Watch/Wildlings (at least 3 scenes: Mole's Town, Sam/Jon, Jon warning brothers)

6 minutes for Sansa (2 back-to-back scenes: Sansa getting coached, Sansa lying)

3 minutes for Dany (one or two scenes: Missandei bathing?)

sounds about right to me

I haven't read this far in the books so I don't know who is supposed to go where when and all that. I have enjoyed this season but... I have to confess to being one of those who feels Stannis' actions aren't getting enough explanation. He gets the letter from the NW - and then the letter isn't mentioned again. I finally figured out the money he wanted from the Iron Bank was for an army, but didn't know if it were for the Wall or King's Landing. It would be strange to have an invasion during the trial and that one reason is what led me to Stannis headed to the Wall.

As a semi-Unsullied I would have appreciated a little more clarification but not if it goes against what is in the books. I do believe in remaining somewhat true to source material.

As to the Oberyn/Mountain storyline - I too would love for Oberyn to survive, but that owes to the fabulous performance of the actor. When awards season rolls around again, how will anyone be able to forget that scene? Well written, well delivered, no flaws - just two amazing actors. I tear up each time I hear "But what about what I want?"

Personally right now I am eager for Tyrion escapades and the death of lying whores (and cruel fathers!). Knowing the outcome doesn't change the experience, which is the hallmark of a great adaptation. As I discovered with "Lord of the Rings", so many times the directors and writers seem to have reached into my head and pulled my imagination straight out.

18 minutes for King's Landing (3 scenes - Tywin/Cersei, Oberyn/Tyrion, Oberyn/Mountain)

10 minutes for Arya/Hound (1 or 2 scenes, an extra one if they get as far as her abandoning the Hound)

8 minutes for Moat Cailin (I think this will all be 1 sequence)

8 minutes for Night's Watch/Wildlings (at least 3 scenes: Mole's Town, Sam/Jon, Jon warning brothers)

6 minutes for Sansa (2 back-to-back scenes: Sansa getting coached, Sansa lying)

3 minutes for Dany (one or two scenes: Missandei bathing?)

sounds about right to me

I hope for 10 minutes of the Wall storyline but I think you're right.

There's still the possibility of Brienne and Pod appearing this episode, but that's really a wild card.

I hope for 10 minutes of the Wall storyline but I think you're right.

There's still the possibility of Brienne and Pod appearing this episode, but that's really a wild card.

I hope someone, anyone, drops LS hint. It's the last chance.

^ Most logicaly and probably. I hold hope that she is the one to warn the Wall, although Jon and Sam will also spot it burning from top of the Wall.

So Sam will probably think Gilly didn't make it, then all of a sudden there she is at the Wall?

Yeah, more or less I think something like that happens.

Or she's taken captive by the Wildling since she's one of them and escapes or is rescued during the battle (maybe by Sam). In either case, I think we'll have some Gilly action in the next episodes.

So Sam will probably think Gilly didn't make it, then all of a sudden there she is at the Wall?

Well Sam was crying in the preview. So at some point he must surely think Gilly has died in the raid. My own guess is that we wont know she survived, but she will show up again in Episode 9, either by herself (having fled from Mole Town) or as a captive of the Wildlings.

About that, can anyone explain to me the point of having her in Moletown in the first place ?

Hope that helps! :)

:P

(in other words there doesn't seem to be a point except maybe to add more emotion to the episode if Sam thinks she is dead)

About that, can anyone explain to me the point of having her in Moletown in the first place ?

Because Sam knew the brothers couldn't control themselves and Gilly would eventually be raped.

So he decided to take her to a super dingy, "breathe and you'll get STDs" brothel instead. Makes sense.

At Mole's Town there are women who will willingly have sex with men of the Night's Watch, Gilly is much less likely to be raped there than on the Wall where she is the only woman.

Because the writers wanted to introduce Mole's Town brothels since it is a fairly important part of the Watch's life and it adds some emotions to the Sam / Gilly relationship.

And they wanted to raise the stakes for the attack there. So they put Gilly in somewhat ham-handedly but I imagine it will be a cool sequence anyhow. And people will give somewhat more of a shit about what's happening because Gilly's there.

Right? I keep seeing multiple predictions where Brienne And The hound show up at the Vale wtf?

imo, these go from "could's" to crackpot theories pretty quick....

Hound meets up with Brienne who will bite off his good ear and that is how he will die and Arya gets mad and stabs Pod and runs away to Bravos in the confusion while Brienne is grieving over Pod's body...then she gets mad and starts seeking Arya as revenge and runs in to LSH who reminds her of her oath so she decides to leave Arya be and gets Jaime for LSH...

there is a perfectly sound "could happen" on the show...but i'm sure you all see why we are no GRRM's or D&D's...

^Fair points, y'all. Still think it was weird, though.

Re. Brienne and the Hound : I think it would be very tempting for the writers to have them meet up : they seem quite eager on the "let's have people who've never/barely met in the books talk" front and both those characters parallel each other quite a bit.

However, it's probably too much of a risk , on many levels, so my guess is they'll have a "near meeting" à la Jon/Bran.

I just rewatched the costumes feature from a month or two ago and in it we see Brienne on a mountainy area where she shot in Iceland. Also she says that she just shot a fight in her new armour. I am still holding out for her fighting Freys and then the BWB business unfolding but I don't know what Freys would be doing in the Vale.

Archived