(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

Why would LS have bright.blue eyes, she's not a wight. Beric certainly.didnt change in that way so it would.be very odd for LS to

They'll need to do something - she has no scratches in the show.

Blue would probably make the audience confused, so how about freaky, discolored eyes? She needs to look creepy.

im hoping for blue eyes to freak out the unsullied thinking that Berric created a wight south of the wall....think of how badly it would mess with all of their heads!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

i thought about that too, supposed to have been soon after RW or was it PW? but ya, might say its too late...but nothings been established that resurrection has to happen in 3 days...all they confirmed is cant bring a man who lost his head...so still have hopes!

Yeah initially I was like ' no, come on too late', but hell, they changed so much stuff and this is detail. In the books in 3 days after RW. I'm not sure how much time from RW passed till now in the show but she surely wouldn't be completely decomposed. And it's fantasy show, so...who knows:)

I think having her very pale, with a gruesome throat injury would be enough. The wouldn't take the risk to have her too corny-looking.

I like this one - http://37.media.tumblr.com/9a9085d0b46f94ad12b453b5e598b7b4/tumblr_n15z5peEIk1qc1zu7o1_500.png - it has scratches but the eyes thing is nice, creepy

They should do something with the hair too. Her hair was such a distinctive feature.

How about the gaping throat? Thats creepy...

Besides, if they do bring Michelle in as Lady Stoneheart (which I am.still hoping for) they are limited with what they can do creepiness wise

The bright blue eyes just screams "The Others" which Beric and Lady Stoneheart obviously arent the same as. Especially with Beric not having.such eyes.

I don't think they can do it without Michelle. The audience has to recognize her the moment they see her and Stoneheart is not that unrecognizable from Catelyn, certainly not to the point they'd need another actress.

Yeah initially I was like ' no, come on too late', but hell, they changed so much stuff and this is detail. In the books in 3 days after RW. I'm not sure how much time from RW passed till now in the show but she surely wouldn't be completely decomposed. And it's fantasy show, so...who knows:)

floaters decompose at a slower rate ... hows that? :leer:

i dont wana just see her all revived and riding around with Bw/oB like in the books...since they cant show Brienne/LS now and UnCat is very strongly rumored to have shot a scene this season, this would be the best way imo...watching her randomly riding around all revived and shit isnt as dramatic

i dont wana just see her all revived and riding around with Bw/oB like in the books...since they cant show Brienne/LS now and UnCat is very strongly rumored to have shot a scene this season, this would be the best way imo...watching her randomly riding around all revived and shit isnt as dramatic

Well for me it would be dramatic enough, I'm so messed up - on one hand I just cannot wait to see how they show her in the series, on another I had bad dreams after that epilogue and I'm probably gonna be watching that final scene while covering myself with the blanket :lol: But I do think we see her walking around, otherwise they wouldn't speed up/change Brienne's journey so much.

I was not aware of this. Please, do tell!

I was not aware of this. Please, do tell!

I have no idea what this poster knows about this, but I know for a fact Fairley was present in Ireland during the time of the filming.

I have no idea what this poster knows about this, but I know for a fact Fairley was present in Ireland during the time of the filming.

:commie: :commie: :commie:

Best news I have had all day :D (hardly.surprising at 1.40 a.m.....)

quiproquo ? The Hound thinks she's hunting the girls for the Lannisters (Oathkeeper, Lannister belt, etc..), and she thinks he means to harm them (she doesn't know him and he has a pretty dreadful reputation)

But what would be the point? Why tear down what they built up over several seasons (that both are Team Stark)? Misunderstandings happen, but what story does that tell?

It would be a better story for them to fight on the same side, or better yet, not meet at all. We already saw what happens when story worlds collide when Jaime and Brienne came home too early.

Maybe she stays? Sorry, Sam. Those were some fun boat times.

This is what I think. Surely Sam doesn't need to drag lover and baby all the way to Oldtown. He will have Aemon, I think, til he passes on, & that should be enough. If it happens this way, (& I am one who believes in a REASON for the last Craster baby to mean something), then Sam & Gilly will probably become lovers before Sam heads out on his mission for Jon. The memories will have to tide him over.

I think the purpose of Gilly in Mole's Town is to bring her and Sam closer together. They're likely gonna kiss once he sees her again, if the first few seconds of the Foreshadowing video are anything to go by. Sets up their little romance next season.

As for LS... I'll be really disappointed if we don't get a hanged Frey as foreshadowing.

I do wonder why they're having Brienne getting as far as the Vale. I doubt they'll have her and the Hound fight (despite how awesome that would be to the "could x beat y" sort of fans), but I'm still curious why they'd have her get so near them, especially if she's going to run into the BWB by episode ten.

The Hound story will end like it does in ASOS though or else they wouldn't have had him say "that's where the heart is" in last episode.

If Arya and the Hound are in the Vale by now,.will she leave from Gulltown rather than Duskendale?

The way the show is handling the geography of the Bloody Gate is confusing, but Arya is still closer to Saltpans than to Gulltown. Not that it really matters either way.

About that, can anyone explain to me the point of having her in Moletown in the first place ?

1) because there are lots of former rapists at the Wall, so a place with lots of women would be "safer" and

2) because Sam didn't know about the Wildling approach from the South (at least that's what I gathered from his last conversation with Jon where he was basically like "WTH, Jon, why didn't you tell me about this - I just send Gilly to Molestown")

I wonder what else they have in store for Brienne, since Biter is dead? Instead of the cheek biting? Maybe just a cut.

I've wondered the same. Though, in the book I felt it was unnecessary for her to suffer such a disfiguring injury. She's already famed for her homely looks and receives criticism from everyone for it... What plot /character development can arise from worsening this? I think the show will just have her be grievously wounded in some other way. Tyrion got to keep his nose, afterall.

I've wondered the same. Though, in the book I felt it was unnecessary for her to suffer such a disfiguring injury. She's already famed for her homely looks and receives criticism from everyone for it... What plot /character development can arise from worsening this? I think the show will just have her be grievously wounded in some other way. Tyrion got to keep his nose, afterall.

Well imo, her injuries in the books serve two purposes.

1) Just because you are a great and honourable fighter, doesn't mean you are immune to injury and dirty tricks in a fight (Biter wasn't actually fighting her if you recall, he took her by surprise after she killed Rorge). The life of a knight is not all shiny armour, tourneys and gallant acts. I feel that Martin wants to show that in his books. Life is not a story, as Littlefinger would say.

2) The injuries that Brienne gets in her fights (iirc she is also hurt slighfly at the Whispers) are further nods to her possible descent from Dunk, who was also somewhat unlucky when he got into scraps (though he eventually wins his fights, as Brienne does)

In the show however, its not really necessary. They have already made it so that Brienne isn't "freakishly ugly" as in the book (Christie is very pretty imo) so I am doubtful they add lasting disfigurement. Just look at Tyrion's nose and you will catch my.meaning.

But what would be the point? Why tear down what they built up over several seasons (that both are Team Stark)? Misunderstandings happen, but what story does that tell?

It would be a better story for them to fight on the same side, or better yet, not meet at all. We already saw what happens when story worlds collide when Jaime and Brienne came home too early.

Oh I agree, I'd rather they didn't meet as well. I was merely considering it, they tend to do things that don't really make sense just for the heck of it.

If the facial injury happens to be important later on, they can just give her a scar like they did with Tyrion. No need to have horribly disfigured.

Archived