(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

Came here to post the Arya still.

Do we know if Dany will be in this episode?

Considering that this is the penultimate episode of the season for every storyline (except the Wall), it's safe to assume that most of the characters will appear. Arya, Brienne and Dany don't seem to be ready for the climax of their storylines yet. Besides, I can't believe they won't show Dany in two episodes in a row.

Confirmed storylines:

-KL. Trial

-Wall. Wildlings are near, attack of the village.

-Theon. Taking the Moat.

-Sansa. Post Moondor.

In addition to those, I bet these will appear.

-Dany (Missandrei naked and some other stuff leading to the finale)

-Arya (fight at the Bloody Gate?)

-Brienne (biting someone's ear off?)

The only missing storylines are.

-Stannis (obvious)

-Bran (it seems they've decided not to give him a full arc, and nothing is really needed before the finale )

Considering that this is the penultimate episode of the season for every storyline (except the Wall), it's safe to assume that most of the characters will appear. Arya, Brienne and Dany don't seem to be ready for the climax of their storylines yet. Besides, I can't believe they won't show Dany in two episodes in a row.

Confirmed storylines:

-KL. Trial

-Wall. Wildlings are near, attack of the village.

-Theon. Taking the Moat.

-Sansa. Post Moondor.

In addition to those, I bet these will appear.

-Dany (Missandrei naked and some other stuff leading to the finale)

-Arya (fight at the Bloody Gate?)

-Brienne (biting someone's ear off?)

The only missing storylines are.

-Stannis (obvious)

-Bran (it seems they've decided not to give him a full arc, and nothing is really needed before the finale )

Not sure about Brienne...give how she may be involved in final scene of the season perhaps a better way would be include her getting into a fight and possibly getting captured near the beginning of ep.10?

Came here to post the Arya still.

Do we know if Dany will be in this episode?

no more Dany for now please! i would like to see -

5mins of Sansa/LF/Vale

5mins of Cersei/Tywin pre-fight scene, along the lines of "what the fuk do we do if the Viper wins" or "damn, we didnt see that one coming"

5mins of Theon/Ramsay Moat Cailin stuff

5mins of Hound getting weaker or wound festering

10mins of Jon/Sam on top of the wall, laying the gravel and talking about possibilities for strategy when the wildlings attack (they should show some build up of why Sam left Jon would be the best LC even being so young and all) then scene ends with 2 horns, wildlings attacking!

15mins Mountian vs. Viper

i'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but that is what would make me...if the Mountain vs. Viper (not just the fight but stuff leading up to it as well) is not at least 10 mins, will be really disappointed...and the actually fight should not be quick or sudden...i wana see them really going at each other...wana see Oberyn reaaaally toying with him...

Here's a tease

“It’s one of the best — if not the best — combat scenes we’ve done so far,” Weiss said. “It’s not just people hacking at each other with spears and swords. It’s the culmination of 20 years of anger and hatred and thirst for vengeance coming to a head in this amazing set piece that [stunt coordinator Paul Herbert and swordmaster C.C. Smiff] have put together. The fight delivers beyond our expectations.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/20/game-of-thrones-oberyn-vs-the-mountain/

no more Dany for now please! i would like to see -

5mins of Sansa/LF/Vale

5mins of Cersei/Tywin pre-fight scene, along the lines of "what the fuk do we do if the Viper wins" or "damn, we didnt see that one coming"

5mins of Theon/Ramsay Moat Cailin stuff

5mins of Hound getting weaker or wound festering

10mins of Jon/Sam on top of the wall, laying the gravel and talking about possibilities for strategy when the wildlings attack (they should show some build up of why Sam left Jon would be the best LC even being so young and all) then scene ends with 2 horns, wildlings attacking!

15mins Mountian vs. Viper

i'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but that is what would make me...if the Mountain vs. Viper (not just the fight but stuff leading up to it as well) is not at least 10 mins, will be really disappointed...and the actually fight should not be quick or sudden...i wana see them really going at each other...wana see Oberyn reaaaally toying with him...

Sorry, 10 minutes for Jon/Sam delivering irrelevant exposition? That's incredibly awful. And the Hound/Arya will get much more than 5 minutes; they're getting a fight scene.

I do hope the Viper gets 15 minutes though between his two scenes (pre-fight, fight)

I'm sure the trial by combat will be given plenty of time - it's one of those big events, like PW and Tyrion's trial. I'm betting with Ellaria/Oberyn kissing/talking, Tyrion's speaking to him before the fight and the actual fight there will lots of screen time devoted to it.

Reek in moat cailin will get more than 5 minutes. we will have a scene of him being coached by ramsay back at his armies camp. then we have him riding in, presenting ramsays terms to them, convincing them to surrender. Then riding back to the camp and presenting them to Ramsay. then ramsay breaking the bargin and taking them captive. that will be more like 10 minutes. ( the flaying will probably occur in between 8 and 10.)

Well, Gilly is our PoV for Mole's Town. The show could play on her Wildling ascent during the attack or have her escape. Anyway, she deserves some screentime, imo.

We will probably see the attack from her eyes and her escape. Cut to the top of the Wall. Jon and Sam sawing MT burn. Sam crying for Gilly. Meeting Gilly down in CB. Jon warning about the battle coming.

I wonder where they'll end Reek's storyline this week. We know we have Ramsay coaching him and the Moat scene in itself (already quite some time). And then ? End on Ramsay ordering his men to capture the unarmed Iron Born maybe.

The one where they look like they're about to kiss, right Sati?

Arkash, you're right and that's likely the main reason they put Gilly in Mole's Town, other than just giving her something to do. As far as Ramsay goes, one would hope that Roose somehow shows up given that he's mentioned in the summary. It would probably make more sense for him to arrive again in episode ten though.

Yep, that one!

I was looking for some screencaps in promos that were released and I also noticed Jon's 'the whole world has fallen apart' speech, I initially thought it's gonna be in later eps but it looks like it was deleted from premiere episode, if I remember correctly and we didn't hear it in the show.

They put more stuff in promos that ended up deleted this year than last year, I wonder if we will even get that scene with Cersei yelling at Tywin about Tommen.

Arkash, you're right and that's likely the main reason they put Gilly in Mole's Town, other than just giving her something to do. As far as Ramsay goes, one would hope that Roose somehow shows up given that he's mentioned in the summary. It would probably make more sense for him to arrive again in episode ten though.

to me to have ramsay and roose meet in episode 8 would be to much on top of the whole reek treating with the ironborn and delivering them to ramsay sequence. Roose arriving in the moat and reuniting with ramsay fits better in episode 10. episode 8 is only 53 minutes.

I do think we have yet to see that Cersei/Tywin exchange from the trailers, Sati, because it wouldn't make sense in the scene together that we already saw. That one was all about her sucking up to him to get him to judge against Tyrion, so she wouldn't yell at him like that then. It's not too out of sorts to think that they'll have a scene together in episode eight or ten where Cersei gets all pissed off about either Tommen's nuptials or something to do with the trial. As people have said, that sets up season five pretty nicely.

Maybe Tywin will ask her to withdraw her accusation on Tyrion because it is too dangerous to risk Oberyn Martell's life and Cersei doesnt like it and starts yelling at her father.

Yeah, Dany was even in "Rains of Castamere" last year when I was certain it was a pure Stark episode. Though to be honest, her Mhysa moment would have benefited a lot if her E9 scenes accompanied it in the finale.

The RW should have been the only thing happening in that episode really.

Archived