(Book and Show Spoilers) Promo and Recap

Really going to miss the Brienne/Rorge/Biter scene though. :(. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of unCat instead. :)

We're likely to get an equivalent though. Here's an interview of Daniel Portman (Pod) :

Vulture: Gwendoline Christie seems positively gleeful about a scene she has coming up in which she bites off someone’s ear.

Daniel Portman: I was there for that scene, and at the time, I don’t think it was so funny! It was an incredibly demanding shoot for her, and she did an incredible job with it, and it’s going to be a phenomenal scene. It was incredible to witness — it was so violent. But the joy of it is that we can walk away at the end of the day and talk about this cool stuff we’re getting to do, like biting off somebody’s ear or stabbing a spear through somebody’s head. It’s a nice thing to have on your C.V. in Westeros.

I'm thinking we'll get the LS reveal shortly afterward.

Since Gwendoline Christie and Daniel Portman filmed a bit in Iceland, I'm curious if that means they'll actually make it into the Vale. Though I do think the season will end with them coming across LSH, I don't see how that would be logistically possible if they also spend some time in the Vale.

Still my guess for the rundown is they fight some Freys and are all captured by the BWB. That may be wishful thinking on my part because I'd hate for any of our favourites in the BWB to lose an ear.

As to whether or not we'll see Bran in 408, maybe he and his merry group will witness Mance's army marching to the Wall this episode. It's true Isaac said that he only appears in four episodes this season, but there is the chance that he is incorrect about this since Alex Graves directed his appearance in both number two and his coming appearance in episode ten. Since Jon said that he spotted Mance's army's fires on the way back from Craster's, it stands to reason that Bran and his group would at least hear the oncoming horde.

Good summary. I agree that Gilly will most likely be the one informing the NW of the attack on Mole Town and Arya abandoning the Hound makes percet sense being in this episode, as it would basically be the "end" of both Clegane brothers.

And I agree with Ignorant Bog Woman: this episode will be really disturbing (by which I mean more than usual).

I wouldn't count on Gilly warning the Watch. We Sam crying, and this is presumably in response tonews of the attack. If Gilly had brought the news then he wouldn't be so upset. My guess is Ygritte (or someone else) makes some mention of her as Craster's wife and takes her captive for some reason. The warning imo will either come from some Black Brother digging for buried treasure, or more likely they see the smoke to the South.

Sansa's scene looks intriguing. I have to tell them the truth... interesting. I wonder what 'truth' she will tell them. If she says something like "It was my fault" I can imagine something like "Now now, you mustnt blame yourself." hopefully from Yohn Royce, to get the viewers to see hik and the Lords Declarant as "good". Imo the story will be that she fell whilst drunk or something similar, since we have no.scapegoat. I hope we get Robert's reaction to her death, his obsession with making people fly would make this all the more tragic for him.

Also sounds like we get the great lines from Ellaria and Oberyn:

"Are you going to fight that?!"

"I'm going to kill that."

Hope they keep Ellaria around for next season when we get to see Dorne :)

Anyone else dissapointed that Yohn Royce known as Bronze Yohn is wearing a lame generic steel armor? When they announced that his character will appear I was well stoked for his awesome rune covered bronze armor :( Budgetary reasons maybe?

Anyone else dissapointed that Yohn Royce known as Bronze Yohn is wearing a lame generic steel armor? When they announced that his character will appear I was well stoked for his awesome rune covered bronze armor :( Budgetary reasons maybe?

It's certainly not the first time they've left out somebody's nickname. "Red Viper", "Giant of Lannister", "Florian/Jonquil", etc.

I was a bit worried that they'd kill Gilly off from the preview, but thinking about it a bit more it seems stupid to think they would. Sam getting laid is one of the cornerstone's of his character development. I hope she'll be the one to warn the NW of the Wildlings, to give her a bit of agency and pro-activity. Given Sam's explicit instructions not to employ Gilly as a prostitute I think there'll also be some tension there. Like she'll be duped into it, but just before she's forced to sleep with someone the Wildlings will attack.

The Iron Born at Moat Calin could inform Theon that his father has just died and that Victarion who was the leader at Moat Calin just left to the Iron Islands for the Kingsmoot since they heard that Theon was dead from Yara. Maybe one scene with Yara in the finale on her way to Pyke?

James Hibberd who D and D and HBO give show info to all the time has an interview with them about the Trial by Combat on the EW website. I'd link it but I can't. It's easy to find on GoT's imdb page though. It's mostly just a teaser but there are a few tidbits of interest in it.

Apparently the reason they recast Gregor is because they needed a massive guy who could pull off the athletics needed for the fight. Since Halfthor used to play basketball, he can move faster than your average bulked up gentleman which was a major incentive for hiring him.

Ignorant Bog Woman, on 18 May 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

Him telling Sansa to lie for him, of course. Mere seconds after Lysa's murder. In the very same room. Or not?

i would like the episode to open right after lysa's fall. kind of like ep 3 started right after joffer's death. we could go straight to lf's plan to salvage the situation.

i'm still hoping for a guard to walk in so lf can say "elayne, this man killed my lady wife"

Archived