Elliot Rodgers' 'manifesto': WARNING: potentially disturbing content/trigger

Crixus

under the sherman act, the international feminist cartel has created a concerted refusal to deal with self-absorbed losars. the losars aforesaid are accordingly entitled to treble damages plus a reasonable attorney's fee.

under the sherman act, the international feminist cartel has created a concerted refusal to deal with self-absorbed losars. the losars aforesaid are accordingly entitled to treble damages plus a reasonable attorney's fee.

Whoever has heard of a reasonable attorney? ^_^

Skimmed thru it, mostly the ending. Recall reading he was a virgin. So all this could've been prevented if this dude had had sex? He was spending his money on new laptops and driving a BMW but couldn't pay a hooker?

Humour aside, the main problem I have with this guy's story is his lack of logical consistency. If he had stopped and thought some of his reasoning through, he'd've realized he's contradicting himself on more than one occasion. Unfortunately he seems to have been living with a very narrow worldview and the influences he was exposed to did naught to broaden it.

Yeah, this isn't funny in the slightest.

This really sucks because this guy has the same first name as me and his last name is very simmilar to mine.

My handle E(as in Elliot) Ro(first two letters of my last name) comes from that.

I have been putting up with stupid "hruuuuur brah I heard you shot some people the other day lolololo" jokes all day.

I guess that's self absorbed of me but fuck, why did he have to share the same name as me?!?!, life is so unfair.

Yeah, this isn't funny in the slightest.

I'm sorry, but the topic is about his manifesto and from what I've seen of it so far, such work cannot be approached with anything but ridicule and satire. Should you instead discuss it in a serious and academic manner, feel free to steer the debate this way; although you'd be sore pressed with the material at hand.

the paying a hooker comment is salient, however. brief review of incel literature indicates that incel status is conferred by a significant duration without sex for which no payment is made when same is desired. this means that an allegedly "involuntarily celibate" person need not actually be celibate. they are accordingly out of their minds.

If you have about 2 hours available, this video gives the best in depth analysis of Rodger's manifesto that you are likely to find. And it explains pretty well what lies behind this tragedy.

It's called The Truth about Elliot Rodger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybAUKZhaMA

The analysis doesn't jump to the normal sensationalist, shallow conclusions that sprung up within hours all over the place, masquerading as actual analysis. You know, the knee-jerk articles that misogynism is to blame, or guns are to blame, or any one quick-fix issue could have prevented this.

Instead it traces the cause to the atrocious parenting failures of the mother, father and step-mother (all semi-famous people in their own right).

It makes so much sense, and goes into so much specific detail, that it is sure to be rejected by those who would rather just blame guns or misogyny or something else that can easily be used to justify preconceived opinions on this type of event.

It makes so much sense, and goes into so much specific detail, that it is sure to be rejected by those who would rather just blame guns or misogyny or something else that can easily be used to justify preconceived opinions on this type of event.

It will also be rejected by those who don't have 2 hours to view a video. Is there a transcript available?

I'm sorry, but the topic is about his manifesto and from what I've seen of it so far, such work cannot be approached with anything but ridicule and satire. Should you instead discuss it in a serious and academic manner, feel free to steer the debate this way; although you'd be sore pressed with the material at hand.

Sure, his manifesto is patently ridiculous, but saying "oh if only he'd gotten laid" places blame on the women who didn't have sex with him.

It will also be rejected by those who don't have 2 hours to view a video. Is there a transcript available?

It is quite an absorbing video. I watched the first 20 minutes and had a very clear picture of the main point. And then before I knew it, I had watched another hour or so. I have no idea if there is a transcript. But it traces his life through all the main events he listed in his "manifesto" and notes the glaring parenting failures that took place throughout.

Headdesk repeatedly when you realise that this is the kind of guy women are told to humour because they're not dangerous, or, when encountering their beliefs online, are told that they are just trolls and not actually a threat.

Yes, but the problem with this is that MOST of them aren't a threat. The cases where this sort of ideation turns into real violence are actually quite rare. Predicting which few of these men will finally cross the line into violence is almost impossible.

See, the fact that most of them aren't likely to commit mass murder but that it's almost impossible to tell which ones are sounds like a great reason for not humouring anyone with this kind of extreme misogynist worldview.

What he did was simply awful. My heart goes out to the families of the victims. I am however - perhaps due to the nature of my studies - interested in reading this manifesto. I'm about 6 pages in - will try to finish it this evening, before making any further comments.

To be clear, do you feel as if guns and misogyny don't belong in this discussion at all? Additionally out of curiosity does that commentator happen to be associated with the MRM?

To be clear, do you feel as if guns and misogyny don't belong in this discussion at all? Additionally out of curiosity does that commentator happen to be associated with the MRM?

I don't know what the "MRM" is.

As for the misogyny, rather than blaming misogyny on some internet forum or group mentality, he delves into the likely childhood causes of Rodger's twisted worldview.

Spree-killers generally don't put out a 140 page autobiography-disguised-as-a-manifesto before they go on a rampage. It's just such a strange experience to get inside the mind of this sort of person.

I'll also say this for Elliot Rodger: he's a better writer than Adolf Hitler.

I suppose that is the one thing where he could actually have made something of himself, if he had the patience to take some time and actually make the effort to better himself.

And the ability to not (at best) verbally abuse and dunk in coffee any editor who dared to question his magnificence.

Skimmed thru it, mostly the ending. Recall reading he was a virgin. So all this could've been prevented if this dude had had sex? He was spending his money on new laptops and driving a BMW but couldn't pay a hooker?

Paying for sex was naturally beneath his gentlemanly magnificence.

Also, it's quite clear that his hatred of all womankind was due to a small subset of womankind (i.e. blonde, very attractive white 20-somethings) not effortlessly falling into his lap. Particularly when he was sitting. RIGHT! THERE!

Archived