Hottest, Manliest and Sexiest Male ASOIAF Character

Sandor (in all his angry, burnt face glory), Jamie, Jon Snow, Oberyn, Daemon Targaryen (Rhaenyra's hubby)...

The show has made me see Jaqen as really sexy, but I didn't really see him that way in the books themselves before seeing Tom Wlaschiha in the role.

Young Robert Baratheon is the obvious answer. Total babe magnet. Women were simply attracted to him to the extent that he had 16 kids by nearly that many women. That's the essence of sexiness.

More like, the essence of being a sex addict of high birth and powerful position that most women wouldn't dare to refuse.

He only had two children before he married Cersei.

Then, he was the King. "Billetera mata galán*", we say

(*"Money beats looks", but Power instead of money).

Exactly.

I can see liking Ned as a character but the only character in the books who wanted to have sex with him is Catelyn and she was even disappointed by him at first and referred to him as plain. No one in the books calls him handsome.

On Jon I think he attracted more women when he got into a better position as LC but I don't see him as like other bastards like Daemon Sand and Aurane Waters who can pull women no matter what their status' are. I'm sure Daemon Blackfyre would have been like that too.

Jon sure attracted Ygritte. Before that, we only saw him as a 14-year old in Winterfell among his siblings and household, and after that, he was surrounded by men in the NW. What women was he supposed to attract, when there were none around?

Daemon Sand is in a completely different position because he lives in Dorne, where people don't think of bastards as lowborn and shameful.

Aurane Waters was very much in a position of power when we meet him in ASOAIF. Daemon Blackfyre was a legitimized Great Bastard and potential king, so definitely in a position of power. Both of them were in more prestigious positions of power than a LC of the NW is to most of the Westeros.

And I thought this thread was about who we find the sexiest, not about who we think the people in Westeros find the sexiest. A whole bunch of characters in the book may want to have sex with someone, that doesn't mean that this character will be sexy in the eyes of the reader. Also, handsome =/= sexy. I don't happen to find Ned sexy (though I love him) but someone else very well might.

Jon sure attracted Ygritte. Before that, we only saw him as a 14-year old in Winterfell among his siblings and household, and after that, he was surrounded by men in the NW. What women was he supposed to attract, when there were none around?

Daemon Sand is in a completely different position because he lives in Dorne, where people don't think of bastards as lowborn and shameful.

Aurane Waters was very much in a position of power when we meet him in ASOAIF. Daemon Blackfyre was a legitimized Great Bastard and potential king, so definitely in a position of power. Both of them were in more prestigious positions of power than a LC of the NW is to most of the Westeros.

Ygritte isn't much of a looker in the books, the others don't seem to show much interest him until later. I think Jeyne Poole preferred Theon or Robb over him.

No one said he was attractive before he went to the NW and if he was attractive a male character could say it. Sam mentioned how good looking Leo Tyrell was and Tyrion remarked on Aegon's good looks. Jon was likely average looking.

He attracted Ygritte because he stole her and she's used to men with poor hygiene.

In Dorne they still wouldn't marry a bastard and would want to have legitimate children to inherit. The Sand Snakes don't have any advantageous matches despite being Oberyn's daughters.

Cersei put him in that position in part because of how good looking he was. Daemon was but something tells me that he would have been able to get women even if he was not is what I was saying. He is definitely good looking but Jon is left open to interpretation.

More like, the essence of being a sex addict of high birth and powerful position that most women wouldn't dare to refuse .

Do you really think this?

My answer is definitely Robert.

Ygritte isn't much of a looker in the books, the others don't seem to show much interest him until later.

Ygritte was considered a beauty by the free folk, she probably had her pick of the guys. And what does it matter whether she was a looker or not? Her attraction to him counts only if she is a beauty?

I think Jeyne Poole preferred Theon or Robb over him.

Of course she did, Jon was a bastard, for starters.

No one ever said Robb was good-looking any more than they said Jon was.

No one said he was attractive before he went to the NW and if he was attractive a male character could say it. Sam mentioned how good looking Leo Tyrell was and Tyrion remarked on Aegon's good looks. Jon was likely average looking.

Good looks =/= sex appeal

Do you really think this?

Yes.

Good looks =/= sex appeal

It doesn't but the title of the thread also said hottest. Still, I don't see him as having a huge amount of sex appeal. Val likes him but it does not seem to be because of his sex appeal but that he's the one who helps her and she's more comfortable with him. Alys found him offputting before and was in a desperate situation in ADWD.Mel wants him for his blood. She wanted Davos' and his sons IIRC. It's got nothing to do with sex appeal.

Ygritte was considered a beauty by the free folk, she probably had her pick of the guys. And what does it matter whether she was a looker or not? Her attraction to him counts only if she is a beauty?

Of course she did, Jon was a bastard, for starters.

For no other reason than having red hair. Yes it does kind of matter, shallow as it sounds, being considered attractive by a more attractive person usually says more than being considered attractive by a less attractive one.

A Stark bastard wouldn't be below a girl like Jeyne Poole's social standing I would think.

according to book description: Jaime Lannister, Euron Greyjoy, and Oberyn Martell.

my personal opinion: :blushing: Jorah Mormont. I know, I know... Ser Friendzone, right? Intelligent, protective, and a soft spot for the woman he loves. Devoted enough to stick around while his crush takes on other partners... yeah. That's my Mr. Sexy.

For no other reason than having red hair. Yes it does kind of matter, shallow as it sounds, being considered attractive by a more attractive person usually says more than being considered attractive by a less attractive one.

A Stark bastard wouldn't be below a girl like Jeyne Poole's social standing I would think.

I think Jeyne would have still had a crush even if he was a bastard if he was clearly good looking. She probably wouldn't act on it though because he's a bastard. But she thinks a long face is horsey and ugly though so it's not likely she would crush on Jon.

For no other reason than having red hair.

And that's different from, say, Loras being considered attractive because he fits Westerosi standards of beauty, how? If we're going by "what the characters in the book think is attractive" rather than what we find attractive, then Ygritte is a beauty by Free Folk standards just as Loras, Jaime, Renly, young Robert, Cersei or whoever else is by Westerosi standards.

Yes it does kind of matter, shallow as it sounds, being considered attractive by a more attractive person usually says more than being considered attractive by a less attractive one.

How?

And that's different from, say, Loras being considered attractive because he fits Westerosi standards of beauty, how? If we're going by "what the characters in the book think is attractive" rather than what we find attractive, then Ygritte is a beauty by Free Folk standards just as Loras, Jaime, Renly, young Robert, Cersei or whoever else is by Westerosi standards.

How?

If Loras was just considered attractive for one trait, like having curly hair, then it would be similar. Ygritte is considered attractive because she is considered exotic because she is "kissed by fire". Free Folk standards probably aren't very high given living circumstances.

Attractive people generally have higher standards in appearance. It is all subjective though so if you think Jon is meant to be really hot then I am sure I won't convince you otherwise, but I just don't get the same impression.

Jon does say that Ygritte would turn no heads in Westeros but Val would. He said Ygritte had a round peasant's face, a pug nose, and would be considered common to lords.He does say the wildlings considered her a great beauty because of her hair but later said it wasn't her hair that attracted him but her teeth which we know were crooked.

It doesn't but the title of the thread also said hottest.

Isn't that the same thing?

Still, I don't see him as having a huge amount of sex appeal. Val likes him but it does not seem to be because of his sex appeal but that he's the one who helps her and she's more comfortable with him. Alys found him offputting before and was in a desperate situation in ADWD.Mel wants him for his blood. She wanted Davos' and his sons IIRC. It's got nothing to do with sex appeal.

We don't really know what any of them feel about him in a sexual sense since we don't have their POV, apart from Mel, who doesn't really seem interested in anything other than Lord of Light, the Great Other, Azor Ahai etc. Though I don't know why you bring up Alys anyway, I wasn't under the impression that there was anything of that kind going between the two of them.

I don't know why you insist on some sort of scientific research on whether the characters in ASOAIF want to have sex with someone in great numbers (?). I thought this was about who we find attractive/sexy. Who people find sexy is a very personal thing. If you went by Lysa's reactions, you'd have to conclude that Littlefinger is the sexiest men in Westeros if not the world, except she seemed to be the only one who felt that way. But for her, he was clearly the sexiest - just not to anyone else we've met. And Dany is known as "the most beautiful woman in the world" but Hizdahr preferred fucking slave girls (um, "free women") and Quentyn actually liked those twins back home.

It doesn't but the title of the thread also said hottest. Still, I don't see him as having a huge amount of sex appeal. Val likes him but it does not seem to be because of his sex appeal but that he's the one who helps her and she's more comfortable with him. Alys found him offputting before and was in a desperate situation in ADWD.Mel wants him for his blood. She wanted Davos' and his sons IIRC. It's got nothing to do with sex appeal.

I do think Jon does have sex appeal for those ladies they all do seem to flirt with him, Alys did on her wedding day, Val even kissed him when he was sending her into a forest most likely overrun with Others and Mel tries to touch him every chance she gets. I would defiantly say they are attracted to him.

Attractive people generally have higher standards in appearance. .

LOL

It is all subjective though so if you think Jon is meant to be really hot then I am sure I won't convince you otherwise, but I just don't get the same impression

I don't think that "Jon is meant to be really hot". I think that it's personal thing and that this thread is about who we find attractive, not who has most characters lining up to have sex with them in ASOIAF.

I do think Jon does have sex appeal for those ladies they all do seem to flirt with him, Alys did on her wedding day, Val even kissed him when he was sending her into a forest most likely overrun with Others and Mel tries to touch him every chance she gets. I would defiantly say they are attracted to him.

Mel isn't attracted to him because he's sexy. She wants power. Val likes him but I don't think it's because he's so sexy. It's because of how he treated her and she knows he's trying his best to help her and her people as opposed to the rest of the kneelers. & Alys I said is in a desperate situation. She flirts with the Thenn dude as well. I doubt either would be happening in normal circumstances.

Archived