How would the arrival of Aegon affect Littlefinger's schemes?

Considering Vale has an unused army and Littlefinger's pattern has been to build himself a certain power (like promising to bribe Janos Slynt) entrust himself with a certain group, planning to betray them to their competitors because they would reward him through their rise and also that his rise comes at the expense of the first group, it seems we have a similiar scenario now with Aegon being the new force rising.

Considering Littlefinger's plans for the North and Vale, perharps even the riverlands, him planning to reveal Sansa Stark, him happy at the Lannisters sinking even if it happens too fast and his fresh army, could we see him offer to support Aegon in exchange of getting something out of it? Blaming the Lannisters and making his support of Aegon as an extension of avenging Jon Arryn and Lannister crimes could be a way to help secure support in the regions he has ambitions to control. How will Aegon fit into Littlefinger's schemes?

Aegon/Danny are Varys protegee, Sansa is Littlefinger's. They won't help each other.

I think that Littlefinger is aiming for the iron throne himself. Once Sansa get married with Harrdying, the guy will suffer from an 'accident' and he will end up marrying the 'queen' when the time is right.

Aegon/Danny are Varys protegee, Sansa is Littlefinger's. They won't help each other.

I think that Littlefinger is aiming for the iron throne himself. Once Sansa get married with Harrdying, the guy will suffer from an 'accident' and he will end up marrying the 'queen' when the time is right.

I don't think Littlefinger wants to help Aegon, but if he can benefit his ambition by using him as he used other noble factions in the past, he might do so. Even if Aegon's success is Varys plan. After all Littlefinger has given others short term success before.

I don't think Littlefinger wants to help Aegon, but if he can benefit his ambition by using him as he used other noble factions in the past, he might do so. Even if Aegon's success is Varys plan.

Varys will protect Aegon from him. Also by the time Little finger manages to strip the North from the Boltons/Stannis, Danny would be back home

Varys will protect Aegon from him. Also by the time Little finger manages to strip the North from the Boltons/Stannis, Danny would be back home

Yeah, Littlefinger trying something does not mean it will eventually succeed.

I also expect Littlefinger to fail and not succeed at his ambitions. I expect his failure will have something to do with Sansa, Daenerys, Tyrion, hell maybe even lady Stoneheart.

We have 2 schemers, Varys and LF. Both have a pawn of their own, a good-looking, charming would-be-king: Aegon and Harrold Hardyng

They'll both fight for the ultimate prize: Sansa. LF has her right now, but Varys probably sent the Mad Mouse to get her

My guess is Sansa will outwit LF and join Team Aegon

I could see him trying to take advantage of Aegon's arrival but due to him being under Vary's influence I think instead he'll view him as a threat. There's no way Varys and Littlefinger will come to a compromise with each other. There can only be one master schemer at the end.

I don't see that happening cause in my opinion Aegon is doomed while Sansa is not. Arianne and Aegon for sure :D

Pfff, if that's true then the Dance 2.0 will be on the same levels of boredom than the 1st for me. Dany and Tyrion, and Aegon and Arianne could kill themselves or have an orgy for all I care, because I will be rooting for none of them. I need a character I actually care about involved in that drama

I'm sure "joining Petyr Baelish, Littlefinger, the sneaky guy who smell like mint" is #1 on the "Things NOT to do as soon as you land in Westeros" list given to Aegon and company by Varys.

They'll both fight for the ultimate prize: Sansa. LF has her right now, but Varys probably sent the Mad Mouse to get her

I hope. I'm tired of Sansa being given to playahs and evil idiot Kings. Can girl have some innocence in her life, please?

I'm not sure, Haldon makes note of the fact that the Vale has stayed out of the war so far. I believe that Lady/Septa Lemore is connected to the Vale, a daughter of Elys and Alys Arryn. I think that Connington will reject the idea of a marriage between Aegon and Arrianne at this time and will ask her to go either to the Vale or the Reach to see if she can win a great Lord/House to Aegons side but I'm betting on the Vale. So I think that Aegons people will see LF as being weak, that they can easily depose him and win the Vale over by marrying Arrianne to Harry and maybe offering to foster Robert at Sunspear or something like that. It might seem like a good plan but LF is stronger than he appears, taking him too lightly will probably undermine the whole plan and if Arrianne is sent there the whole thing could backfire. If Stannis wins in the North reaching out to potential allies in the Vale and the Riverlands is the logical next move, having the heir to Sunspear there with the alleigance of Dorne up for grabs might give him an unexpected oppurtunity to possibly win over Dorne.

We have 2 schemers, Varys and LF. Both have a pawn of their own, a good-looking, charming would-be-king: Aegon and Harrold Hardyng

I'm not sure how things pan out with Sansa. Nominally she is married to Tyrion and he seems destined to be a supporter of House Targaryean, on the other she is a Stark by birth and if Rickon or Bran or restored to Winterfell her loyalty should be there. She is also a cousin of Robert Arryn and the two of them have started becoming close. She has a secret marriage contract with Harry and in addition she is also related to the Tullys on her Mothers side. This really opens up a lot of things for her. I see her nominally attached to Aegon by virtue of her marriage to Tyrion once it becomes known that he has joined the court of Queen Danaerys. The real purpose of this will be to keep a foot in each camp, Arya will secretly be sent to Dany, Rickon and or Bran will be at Winterfell with Stannis as their King and with Jon as the Lord Protecter. If Stannis should lose Jon takes the fall and the girls can hopefully convince Aegon and Dany to spare Rickon and or Bran due to their age and the circumstances.

So I actually see the Starks taking a very nuanced and subtle approach. The only thing I'm not really sure about is Sansa but I do think the Starks will have some sort of plan and that their actions will be taken in conjuction with each other even if doesn't seem so to other people and that is if what they are doing is even actually seen by other people. If Arya pops up her head and is secretly sent to foster with her goodbrother, Tyrion, that could be a coup and certainly a better tactic than sending another suitor to marry Dany and at this point I think this is almost certain to happen.

I don't see that happening cause in my opinion Aegon is doomed while Sansa is not. Arianne and Aegon for sure :D

Here's how it could work though:

Sansa is revealed at the wedding, which stops the wedding. No Harry the Heir.

LF finds a way for her to meet Aegon, begging for help maybe? She needs an annulment and she's been unjustly accused of kingslaying. After what the Lannisters put her through, and what Tywin's dogs did to Aegon's mother and sister, he'd be more than happy to help this charming, biddable, beautiful damsel in distress. If he allows for her brother's claim of KitN she's also a princess. Aegon falls hard.

Sansa and Aegon marry. She gets pregnant.

LF gets a key position in Aegon's council due to Sansa's influence.

Aegon dies in battle. Sansa's child is the heir.

LF is named Hand to her Regent. He rules through Sansa.

He helps raise the child, and possibly marries the mother.

His influence stretches through multiple generations of monarchs without him ever actually claiming the throne.

Granted I don't think it would work out that way, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is his plan, or one of them.

I also have an uber-crackpot that Aegon is fake, but LF has the real Aegon and will marry Sansa to him.

Aegon is the one thing Littlefinger had no idea about. I can see the story arc being a Varys vs Littlefinger game

I wouldn't be so sure that LF didn't know. I sometimes think he and Varys are working together to an extent. Ultimately I think there will be a showdown between them though. The question is which one is the master and which is the padawan?

He avoided sending a Faceless man after Dany when Robert wanted her dead, it wouldn't surprise me if he plans to ride the wave of chaos Aegon the questionably covered dragon will cause.

Hmmm, I don't know. LF just doesn't ride any wave of chaos, just the ones that he could make a profit from. For example, he did everything he could to prevent Stannis from taking the throne (even though it would mean war) because he knew Stannis would fire him from the small council or even kill him.

Aegon would be the same. There's no way Varys would let LF alive if given the chance

Archived