Positive "Nitpicking" - What did you LOVE about the finale? [NO SPOILERS]

shiola

That Jon/Melisandre moment was all kinds of foreboding. I liked it a lot

Also, surprisingly, I enjoyed Brienne vs Sandor

I loved it. It was nasty, in the best possible way: a bloody, intense, knock-down, drag-out brawl. They were both fighting ugly and fighting dirty: crotch kicks, crotch punches, ear biting, all of it. Brienne spitting out Sandor's ear with fuck-you panache was THE BEST. And I love that Brienne bested Sandor.

I loved it. It was nasty, in the best possible way: a bloody, intense, knock-down, drag-out brawl. And I love that Brienne bested Sandor.

It was WONDERFUL. I loved him grabbing her sword, and then the brutal beat down.

Honestly I loved that whole exchange. I loved Arya admiring Brienne, and how she was sort of admiring her back, and how it changed when the Hound walked out.

I loved it. It was nasty, in the best possible way: a bloody, intense, knock-down, drag-out brawl. They were both fighting ugly and fighting dirty: crotch kicks, crotch punches, ear biting, all of it. Brienne spitting out Sandor's ear with fuck-you panache was THE BEST. And I love that Brienne bested Sandor.

Sandor falling down the cliff was insane. The whole thing was so intense, way better than Oberyn vs Gregor, in my opinion

LOVED Brienne's interaction with Arya. It felt positive to me. I enjoyed the hell out of it, tell you the truth. Also, the fight with her and the Hound was epic. Even my brother--who was not a fan of the idea that they would fight--thought it was, "the tightest fight ever."

LOVED that the finale ended with a Stark. Fuck yeah House Stark! They did my team "LemonCakeBraavos" justice this year. I'm SO damn pleased.

Liked the Stannis entrance. He came off quite heroic and even the people I was watching it with were cheering for him.

I felt a lump in my throat with Jojen dying, but I actually really did like that whole battle sequence. I read how some people thought it looked like the "Pirates of the Caribbean". lol. I actually thought it looked like the first "Terminator" movie when I was watching it.

I also liked that they included the, "I should have fucked her bloody" line. Yes, kind of a terrible thing to "like" that they threw in there, but I only liked it, because I wasn't expecting it. I figured if they'd throw any part of that dialogue in the show it'd be, "I stood there in my white cloak and watched them beat her..."

Uh...what else? Oh, of course. LOVE that they ended Jamie/Tyrion on a positive note. The hug and kiss....yeah. I was a fan.

Uh...what else? Oh, of course. LOVE that they ended Jamie/Tyrion on a positive note. The hug and kiss....yeah. I was a fan.

I know it's off-book and all, but oh, my heart!

LOVED Brienne's interaction with Arya. It felt positive to me. I enjoyed the hell out of it, tell you the truth.

I loved it as well. So cute!

Sandor falling down the cliff was insane. The whole thing was so intense, way better than Oberyn vs Gregor, in my opinion

Indeed. The whole thing was insane.

Lena Headey despite my new hatred of her caused by SH letdown, fucking nailed it. Really impressed with her Cersei. This is the Cersei we know and love.

KIT HARRINGTON! WOW what a turnaround. He was so weak earlier in the show but fuck has he improved. He embodies Jon Snow really well and was tugging at my heartstrings quite a lot.

The soundtrack this episode was spectacular.

The pre-chaining scene was weak, but i really liked the chaining scene because Emilia for once was emotional.

The weirwood looked magnificent.

Bran's wig wasn't as offensive as it is in photos

I liked the Bloodraven dialogue, even if it was less mystical I think they did it well. The wight battle was a little bit wierd though.

I never thought I needed SandorxBrienne but i guess i do. (can i jsut say how blue ball teasing was that Cat dialogue)

Gwendoline and Rory's acting.

I liked this but I don't know of I'm imagining it.

Did anyone else take from it that Stannis in some way respects Mance's refusal to kneel?

I think that Stannis would like that sort of defiance and that he wasn't willing to kiss Stannis' arse even if it meant his death.

I don't think Stannis cares for boot lickers.

- The attack on the wildlings was very well executed, that looked awesome. (Glad to see Stannis get his mojo back)

- Something seemed different about Mance this year, whatever it is he seemed more comfortable in the role. (He seems like an honorable man)

- Ygritte's funeral was a good way to make up for a lack of emotional impact when she actually died, that scene was sad.

- The Skeletons looked awesome, their movements and animation in general was very well done. (Maybe other disagree but I thought they looked good)

- I didn't like seeing two of my favorite characters fight (Sandor v. Brienne) but the fight itself was good, very brutal.

- Arya didn't give Sandor the gift of mercy, I hope we see him again in the future.

- Dany's ridiculous number of titles. (There is something to be said about humility, you know)

- Tyrion and Jaime's farewell. (Glad they parted amicably)

I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting, that's all for now.

Alright, here we go in chronological order:

- great opening shot with aftermath of battle between NW and Wildlings
- great conversation with Mance, particularly the "Mag and Grenn" - "Grenn and Mag" moment
- Stannis' arrival is awesome - particularly those aerial shots
- the Mountain's wound looks nasty and I shudder to think how Qyburn will "save" him
- "my last son" - nice callback to Catelyn's "my first son"
- nice to see more problems with Dany's revolution
- the goat herder scene was very touching, actually nearly brought me to tears
- nice shots of Rhaegal and Viserion - now we know where half that VFX budget went
- Dany looked heartbroken - nice touch having her chain the dragons by herself
- Warrior of Light theme in the background when Melisandre sees Jon... hm...
- Summer!
- wight attack was every bit as creepy as it was supposed to be (and now we know where the second half of the VFX budget went)
- Summer to the rescue!
- Jojen... :crying:
- nice to see the children making sure that Jojen won't come back as a wight
- Bloodraven and his cave are spectacularly haunting, but thankfully he looks nowhere near as gruesome as I imagined
- so yes, that's Oathkeeper playing for the Brienne and Hound fight, which was one of the best fights I've ever seen on screen, btw
- "I have no wish to kill you, ser" had me going "uh oh, wrong choice of words, Brienne" - Sandor looked like he was about to kill her and then... "I am not a knight" :D
- epic beat down between Sandor and Brienne including a nice subversion of groin attack double standards (yes, women are in agony, too, when you hit them down there)
- fuck water (nice callback)
- nice callback to Mycah and Sansa, also it warms my fangirl heart to know that Sandor would have considered sex with Sansa his one happy memory (unfortunate implications of consent aside for a moment)
- so what was all that about Tyrion not killing Shae? :smoking:
- "you are no son of mine..." - the entire scene between Tywin and Tyrion was ace
- Arya leaving for Braavos - yay!

The Varys "Y'know what? Fuck it, I'm gonna get on this boat too" look.

:lol: I hadn't noticed that when I was watching, but now that you mention it...

Sandor defending Arya even when he knows there is no money in it for him now because all her relatives are dead.

I know. That was so heartwarming... it's kind of sad and yet awesome to see how Arya and Sandor have benefited from being in each other's company - Sandor has become a slightly softer and more pleasant person while Arya has become a harder and more pragmatic one.

I loved it as well. So cute!

You know, I love these non-canon moments in the show because they always provoke in me the feeling that the situation COULD have gone well had x,y,z not happened. The visible sense that these two women ARE each other (just...at different ages and stages in life) was fucking touching, tell you the truth. The common ground they shared regarding their fathers....agh! I think that's the first time we've seen Arya even semi 'happy'--or at least, interested in something besides bloody murder--in a LONG DAMN TIME. And I can't help but LOVE that shit! I bet, had she gone with her, she would have taught her how to fight and everything. It would have been flipping GREAT! They did the same thing with Sansa last season finale too, now that I think about it. Her little walk with Tyrion and the whole "sheep shift" thing. Just...really wonderful moments that I feel kind of balance out all of the horrific things we have to see and feel week in and week out on this show.

Archived