Positive "Nitpicking" - What did you LOVE about the finale? [NO SPOILERS]

shiola

I loved, surprisingly, Cersei telling Tywin once-and-for-all, that she and Jaime were lovers. The pained look on Charles Dance's face actually betrayed a little bit of hurt at finally recognizing the truth. Although I do wonder how it'll effect things going forward, I am certainly happy that we'll get some more interaction between Varys and Tyrion in seasons to come.

Loved Jon and Mance. You have the feeling if Stannis hadn't interrupted, they would have opened the gate and let the wildlings through before the WW appear and bring winter down on everyone.

Loved that Stannis listened to someone other than Mel for a change. Maybe he should be the king, if Tommen doesn't make it through the next two books.

Love Jon handling Ygritte's pyre himself. The pain of first love, lost love; we've all experienced it.

Love Dany learning you cannot teach an old dog new tricks just because you want them to learn one.

Love Arya leaving the Hound behind and denying him the gift. She learned the worst way to hurt him was to leave. The look on her face as she heads to Braavos is almost as happy as when she is killing people.

Loved that they extended the length to cover a lot of ground and still didn't get in everything we the viewers wanted. It shows how rich the source material is to work from. Perhaps GRRM was right and this is the time to move to the big screen and bigger budgets. Wonder if Peter Jackson has his next project?

Actually watching Dany have to tie up the dragons was very emotional, but I don't remember it feeling that heavy when I read it. Well done to the show! Jojen dying and Brienne meeting and owning the Hound... good stuff. I've loved most, if not all, of the changes they made in this season of the show.

+ Loved everything at the Wall. Loved it. Especially the shots of Stannis's army in formation and that beautiful shot showing them flanking the wildling army from above.

+ Loved that Stannis and Davos arrived side by side. I think I'm officially a StanStan now, gotta just admit it already.

+ Really liked the look shared between Jon and Mel.

+ I really liked the dragon chaining scene. I got a little teary eyed.

+ Meera being a BAMF.

+ Arya refusing to give Sandor the gift of Mercy. I was getting a little paranoid as the scene went on that it wouldn't happen. And Sandor's confession about both Mycah and Sansa. That was probably my favorite scene of the entire ep. Rory did such a fantastic job, I was truly floored.

+ Varys getting on the boat with Tyrion. Not sure where they are going with this, but I love the character of Varys so much that if they decide to send him along with Tyrion at least part of the way on his journey, I'll be happy with it.

+ "You'll never walk again ... but you'll fly."

+ Arya's send off was awesome. I'm trying not to let my disappointment for no LS overshadow it, which it still kind of does ... but still. It was really good.

• Charles Dance.

The look on Dany's face when she realized that everything that she had done was not 100% awesome for everyone involved (first visitor. Hard to explain w/out spoilers. lol)

Brienne / Hound

Final scene track. Holy crap, that was beautiful.

Everything except for the Arya-Brienne-Sandor dynamic.

I thought that was a big improvement on the books. So far Brienne has wandered round aimlessly. Having Brienne meet the hound (or at least mortally wound him) makes a lot better use of her.

Shortening the Bran death march was also a big improvement on the books.

The main problem I had was that everything ended up being rushed and no Lady Stoneheart.

Brienne meeting and owning the Hound... good stuff.

She definitely didn't own the Hound. That was a nasty back and forth type of fight. At one point he's kicking her while she's laying on the ground. It's probably the best fight the show has done tbh.

My favorite part was the post fight scene with him and Arya. Rory has been absolutely killing it this season, and Maisie's acting with just the look on her face was brilliant. She's such a talented young actress.

The shot of the weirwood tree looked gorgeous.

Emilia was really good in her scene with her dragons. You could feel her heart breaking.

Jon and Mance toasting to Grenn and Mag.

Stannis' calvary looked pretty badass.

Leaf looked pretty cool.

Loved seeing Bloodraven, even if they should've made him look older...oh well.

These are just a few things of the top of my head.

Everything from "you can sh!t later" to "kill me!" was friggin' awesome. Protective and badass, gawd I love the Hound! Loved the kick for a kick, hehe.

Viserion and Rhaegal's final moments of the season broke my heart. Varys and his 'screw this' look. Stannis doing something for the good of the realm...and I guess the rumour of JojenPaste is put to rest ;)

A bit disappointed not to see LS but other than that, I can't complain.

Archived