How would you rate episode 410?

Ran

How would you rate episode 410?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

She was called Cat like 4 times and it was all in season 1. Maybe 1 time in season 2. Like it or not book readers are NOT the target audience.

People haven't forgotten who Catelyn is. I'm pretty sure they'd connect the dots with Cat plus Lysa constantly babbling about her sister.

They could've changed it to

'Only your sister'

'Only Cat'

Edited by igrewupinKL

People haven't forgotten who Catelyn is. I'm pretty sure they'd connect the dots with Cat plus Lysa constantly babbling about her sister.

They could've changed it to

'Only your sister'

'Only Cat'

You have a confidence in non readers that I do not share, we can agree to disagree. Edited by SerJeremiahLouistark

My question is why people think "Only Cat" is important in the first place.

My second would be why it's being discussed in an episode that has nothing to do with it.

I don't think it's important but it's being discussed because so many people seem to be upset over little things like this one line. I was just offering up a potential reason for that line being changed. I can understand being a little upset at the omission of Tysha or Coldhands, or even Stoneheart, but not small line changes. I don't know, I also told myself before this series began that a ton of shit would change, so im not shocked and really my biggest disappointment thus far has been Leaf, which is relatively minor. Edited by SerJeremiahLouistark

I don't think it's important but it's being discussed because so many people seem to be upset over little things like this one line. I was just offering up a potential reason for that line being changed. I can understand being a little upset at the omission of Tysha or Coldhands, or even Stoneheart, but not small line changes. I don't know, I also told myself before this series began that a ton of shit would change, so im not shocked and really my biggest disappointment thus far has been Leaf, which is relatively minor.

Yeah I understand why Tysha and Coldhands are out but also why people are upset by their absence. The "Only Cat" thing though is just bizarre to me.

My question is why people think "Only Cat" is important in the first place.

This^

Some folks are claiming it's not because the changes then going on and on about something as small as the location of the privy or single lines like "Only Cat." Reminds me of petulant children stomping and holding their breath when they don't get their way.

Saying it's why they made the change that bothers you as opposed to the change itself makes no difference. It is still just whining about the same thing. Just read the damn story and quit watching the show if it pisses you off so much. It musn't be too bad though if you're still watching.

This^

Some folks are claiming it's not because the changes then going on and on about something as small as the location of the privy or single lines like "Only Cat." Reminds me of petulant children stomping and holding their breath when they don't get their way.

Saying it's why they made the change that bothers you as opposed to the change itself makes no difference. It is still just whining about the same thing. Just read the damn story and quit watching the show if it pisses you off so much. It musn't be too bad though if you're still watching.

See that's the point I've been trying to convey. The writers know that ASOIAF fans aren't going to quit watching no matter how pissed they are that Dany's eyes are blue and not purple, or the omission of Catelyn talking about her hair during the Red Wedding, or Only Cat.

How many book readers have actually said, F this show I'm done.

Wow such anger here.....

As 1st a book reader I can honestly say that no change has ever made me angry with the producers for not staying 100% on the text. That's impossible. Even HBO doesn't have the budget to adapt this book straight on. I think we readers miss the parts that are omitted, even if expected. The tv story is still loyal to the series without being exact. For example, Val/Dalla/Baby seems like a big deal in the book, perhaps to the bigger picture it's expendable. Also Lady Stoneheart and how she is "seen." We readers don't know really because the story hasn't been told to completetion. Perhaps the books have a different end game than the series. It really doesn't matter, it's an enjoyable adaption.

Well, obviously, Dungeons and Dragons, or Reign of Fire.

GoT is just like those XD

Reign of Fire is fantasy? I've always just viewed it as post-apocalyptic action. I mean yeah, there's dragons but it doesn't feel like a fantasy at all.

*Snip*

Yup, I agree with this.

Also....John snow needs to be with Ghost more often. That needs to be fixed next season.

Ghost has really been shafted in the show.

"I need him more than I need you"

*hands Sam the key

*Ghost kills one person and isn't seen again

:bs:

Reign of Fire is fantasy? I've always just viewed it as post-apocalyptic action. I mean yeah, there's dragons but it doesn't feel like a fantasy at all.

"There's dragons"

It's fantasy.

Also, I was making a joke, as both of those "generic Hollywood fantasies" were terrible movies.

I am still waiting for someone who gave the show a 9 or 10 to explain to me why Tyrion went up the ladder to Tywin. Or why Shae tried to knife him on sight. Or why he would go mad when someone insulted Shae, the whore who betrayed him and tried to kill him.

I am still waiting for someone who gave the show a 9 or 10 to explain to me why Tyrion went up the ladder to Tywin. Or why Shae tried to knife him on sight. Or why he would go mad when someone insulted Shae, the whore who betrayed him and tried to kill him.

Tyrion's impulsive, stubborn and doesn't think things through- his smart mouth of his is what got him into his predicament in the first place. He also has wanted nothing more than his father's approval his whole life. It makes sense.

Shae betrayed him, she's not freaking stupid.

He truly loved her- which, if you have to ask in the first place, must have not be obvious to you, despite the fact that we have seen them together in a loving relationship for several years now.

Only Cat is iconic. That is the point.

Of course you could change the "Yes, we can" slogan into "We can do it" when you do a biography about Obama, but it would just be stupid, cause you really could keep the original one, as it is FUCKING ICONIC AND THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!

Same with Daario's appearance. IT IS ICONIC! It's what separates him from all the others.

And there really is no need to change that.

"Oh, but it will look weird on TV".

-.- this would be the least weird moment in TV history of the past and the days yet to come.

But you ignore this argument anyway, so why bother.

Only Cat is iconic. That is the point.

Of course you could change the "Yes, we can" slogan into "We can do it" when you do a biography about Obama, but it would just be stupid, cause you really could keep the original one, as it is FUCKING ICONIC AND THERE IS NO NEED TO CHANGE IT!!!!!!!!

Same with Daario's appearance. IT IS ICONIC! It's what separates him from all the others.

And there really is no need to change that.

"Oh, but it will look weird on TV".

-.- this would be the least weird moment in TV history of the past and the days yet to come.

But you ignore this argument anyway, so why bother.

My argument to this is what's the point of crying about it? The show runners aren't listening and the only discussion possible is the Ain't It Awful game. Which is fine but not everyone cares to play.

My argument to this is what's the point of crying about it? The show runners aren't listening and the only discussion possible is the Ain't It Awful game. Which is fine but not everyone cares to play.

whats the point of defending a multi million company against people with no power that love the series?

Now how do you like them apples?