Is Patchface really important to the story, or just an annoying crazy man?

Baelor Blacktyde

I dont know, I just appreciate foreshadowing -- in all of it's forms. it gives the subconscious something to look forward to. and then when it comes to pass, youre like "YEP! ther eit IS! RIGHT THERE!" like a word search.

that being said, i really need to get a fucking LIFE

This. I'm addicted. They're so clever.

This. I'm addicted. They're so clever.

Patchface I believe, is more for us, the reader, and much less for story development. Same goes for The Ghost Of High Heart, and Quaithe. Though, granted Quaithe impacts Daenerys more than the previous two with their own respective predictions.

• 1 month later...

Patchface I believe, is more for us, the reader, and much less for story development. Same goes for The Ghost Of High Heart, and Quaithe. Though, granted Quaithe impacts Daenerys more than the previous two with their own respective predictions.

But doesn't Mel say that she is somehow afraid of him? And this "I will lead it" sentence...

Patchface predicts the death of people (Shadow baby and Red Wedding so far), thats why his lips are bloody.

I'm very much convinced he speaks for the Drowned God. I think a Greyjoy will eventually meet him and things will get interesting. My bet it will be Theon, I think Stannis will send him to the Wall.

^ Yeah, that seems to be the majority's opinion, but I think it would be so boring! Theon has potential for more in the story.

I think Asha will be the one executed. She even has a chapter named The Sacrifice (and AFAIK, all chapter names refer to their corresponding POV character).

Lately in this forum I've been reading how Tywin Lannister is also Victarion's Dusky woman and Bran Stark = Willas Tyrell, so I'm afraid to ask what you mean by this. I don't want to have my mind blown three times in two days.

This. :laugh: :bowdown:

I don't know, I don't know, no no no

Mel seems to be legit afraid of him though--seeing him in the flames all bloody & scary like. That can't be for nothin'

Lately I'm buying the idea more and more of the Drowned God & the Great Other / old Gods being in cahoots.

Moqorro says it's a thrall to TGO (He Whos' Name Must Not Be Spoken) & Moq knows what he's talking about.

I expect the Drowned God to actually DO something supernatural in the next book, perhaps through Damphair or Patchface or real Kraken, or The Hammer of Waters.

• 1 month later...

The House Valaryon flags are at the wall they are the seahorses so maybe Aurane Waters steals Cersei's new fleet and comes to take Jon from the wall to the Manderly's (mermen) where they crown him king in the North.

I have always believed this whole thing fits in with the Northern conspiracy just couldnt wrap my head around the seashells thing but it has to have something to do with Robb's wife Jeyne Westerling who's sigil is seashell's, maybe she is going to be the one to announce Jon being Robb's heir after all she is still Queen

Patchface creeps me out big time, and I've posted on him before in this forum. Mel's vision is that she sees him with bloody lips and red skulls all around him. There's also this quote:

We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh.

Skagos?

George dropped several Perseus references in Jon's story. I believe Shireen will be his Andromeda and Patchface is the equivalent of Cetus. But that does not mean that these parallels will be taken all together. There will probably be twists in these parallels. In fact, we can ask that whether Cetus is the monster or the family of Andromeda who tied her to those chains to sacrifice her to the beast? In case of Shireen, Selyse is the true monster.

I've never been a big fan of Patchface. It seems like more than half of the "predictions" we hear from him make no sense. However Melisandre claims that he is a very dangerous character.

What happened to him under the ocean? Something similar to what Aeron Greyjoy does to his followers? Is he speaking the voice of the drowned god? Why is Melisandre so concerned by him?

My conclusion, from reading the books, was that he was a simpleton babbling nonsense, which happened to sometimes match some current events if you interpreted it a certain way. Until Melisandre came along and told Jon Snow that Patchface was a scary guy.

My crackpot theory is that Mel is going to try and burn Shireen or sacrifice her in some way and Patchface intervenes and kills Mel. That's why she sees him as dangerous. Maybe he's The Drowned God in the flesh? (Another crack pot theory)

Next to the Others, I find Patchface the most intriguing element of the saga.

He's probably dead, prophecies the future as if he's channeling Disney's The Little Mermaid and is somewhere between being a living toy and friends with a sad little girl. What's not to like?

Next to the Others, I find Patchface the most intriguing element of the saga.

He's probably dead, prophecies the future as if he's channeling Disney's The Little Mermaid and is somewhere between being a living toy and friends with a sad little girl. What's not to like?

Yes, I agree that he's probably dead. What is dead may never die, right?

Archived