College Basketball - Season Kick-off and Larry Brown Maths Edition

Ded As Ned

They looked very impressive yesterday. Their pressure was causing fits to all the Uconn guards and in the 2nd half everytime Uconn got close, they had an answer. Juwan Staten was killing us and him and Boatright were getting chippy all game so you gotta love that confidence(although Boatright's block of him on a fast break was #2 on the top 10 plays). They moved into the top 25 and look to have a pretty decent squad, I love teams that press a lot.

Yea, from some of the clippings I've read Huggins says this particular team is more his style of ball. Speaking as a WVU fan who has watched quite a few Huggins squads that translates as: physical, rebounds well - but doesn't shoot well. Seems that WVU's stats thus far from behind the arc would lend some credence to my interpretation... but it's certainly better than last year when we couldn't shoot and didn't do any of the other things very well either.

Yea, from some of the clippings I've read Huggins says this particular team is more his style of ball. Speaking as a WVU fan who has watched quite a few Huggins squads that translates as: physical, rebounds well - but doesn't shoot well. Seems that WVU's stats thus far from behind the arc would lend some credence to my interpretation... but it's certainly better than last year when we couldn't shoot and didn't do any of the other things very well either.

I remember a Huggins team that shot just fine from the arc. :crying:

I can see why the Bruins fans are depressed about Alford. Their offense appears to be let the coaches son dribble the ball the length of the court and jack up an off-balance three every possession. It's like that nightmare youth team everyone played on once. They also ran zone against an OU team that does nothing but shoot perimeter threes.

I can see why the Bruins fans are depressed about Alford. Their offense appears to be let the coaches son dribble the ball the length of the court and jack up an off-balance three every possession. It's like that nightmare youth team everyone played on once. They also ran zone against an OU team that does nothing but shoot perimeter threes.

Yeah, I was just over on Bruins Nation reading their breakdown of the game. I don't see the passionate hate for him that I saw last season; I think they have moved into apathy. And of course they are focused right now on the football match-up with Stanford.

It shows in attendance too. Pauley seats almost 13K, but they have drawn crowds of 6,500, 5,000, 5,000, and 8,000 so far this season. Seems to be hurting their recruitment of 5 star center Steven Zimmerman too. His mom tweeted out this picture. :stunned:

Last night they had problems handling UNC's depth and Balford was overmatched by their PG... something tells me they might have some problems with Kentucky's strengths when they meet on December 20. :thumbsup:

The three voters who have been clinging to Wiscahnsin in the AP poll are starting to waver in their convictions.

Soren Petro is wavering. One of three voters in the Associated Press college basketball poll who has yet to anoint Kentucky No. 1, the Kansas City sports radio host is wondering how much longer he can hold out.

“I had Wisconsin ranked No. 1 preseason and they haven’t done anything to lessen my opinion of them,” Petro said. “(But) Kentucky has been better than I expected. I thought they would be top five all season, but would still have some bumps putting the rotation together early in the season. That hasn’t happened.”

The other two guys in the article basically say the same thing. "Eh, I thought Wisconsin would be better; but you know... even though UK is clearly superior; Wiscy hasn't lost yet so there's nothing to be done." :sick: You know, I can appreciate not wanting to drop a team who hasn't lost if its a poll later in the season; but this is a pre-season poll that we're talking about. Once you see things live, you have to be ready to change.

Louisville and tOSU was never really competitive last night. I didn't watch it all the way through, but it stayed mostly in double digits throughout. Kind of ugly as I watched most of it.

Tonight though... tonight is must watch TV for any college bball fan. Blue Devils at Scahnsin. This will be one of the few times that I cheer for Duke since I really want those three wayward first place votes. :lol:

Archived