Board Issues 4

Angalin

5 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

The search function is screwy, I'm trying to track down an old post of mine and it keeps throwing error, wait X seconds to search again. 

Have you tried finding it in your own content? Might be easier… Or try a Google search, works pretty well, too. 

3 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Idk, it's a pretty old post from what I remember and I have more than a dozen pages of posts to check through. 

Try a Google search then. Do you remember where you posted? For instance:

westeros.org + Jaenara Belarys + xxx .

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

If it's HTTP error 431, it tends to be a client-side error. See if any of this here helps. I'll also check to see on my phone if I can spot anything.

It doesn’t say anything other than 431 and I had never have it happen before. Will check the link. Cheers! 

ETA: @Ran it only happens when I try to access the forum proper, everything else like wiki, etc works fine.

Edited by kissdbyfire

Cleared browsing data and it looked like that did the trick, the page loaded… and then a black box appeared saying something about page failing to load or something and a tgi Friday page opened instead? All very weird. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Cleared browsing data and it looked like that did the trick, the page loaded… and then a black box appeared saying something about page failing to load or something and a tgi Friday page opened instead? All very weird. 

Hmm, could be some sort of misformed ad being sent in. I'll let our ad people know. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Just now, Ran said:

Hmm, could be some sort of misformed ad being sent in. I'll let our ad people know. Sorry for the inconvenience!

No worries, no inconvenience at all. That only happened on the phone anyway. I’ll check again later to see if it’s gone. Tx again!

3 minutes ago, Ran said:

@WhiskeyjackHuh. Very interesting.

And the problem is persisting?

Actually, no - hadn't checked on my phone until you asked, but looks like its working again.  So whatever you did fixed it for me.  Thank you!

But on the downside, just asked Jaime, and he says he's still getting the same error on his computer.

10 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Actually, no - hadn't checked on my phone until you asked, but looks like its working again.  So whatever you did fixed it for me.  Thank you!

But on the downside, just asked Jaime, and he says he's still getting the same error on his computer.

I would suggest clearing any westeros.org cookies and maybe clearing cache, closing the browser, and starting it again. He'll have to log in again, but that may fix it.

32 minutes ago, Ran said:

I would suggest clearing any westeros.org cookies and maybe clearing cache, closing the browser, and starting it again. He'll have to log in again, but that may fix it.

Okay, will point him toward this thread and let him know.

Unfortunately, its back now for me too, so I might have to do the same.

So, it looked like whatever that was had been fixed. But yesterday I kept getting a “404 bad request” (I *think* that’s what it said), and today the 431 is back w/ a vengeance, to the point I can’t use the phone here at all. Again, only on android phone. :dunno: