Deleted Posts

JonCon's Red Beard

Given how busy some threads were, we've lost a couple of hours of life :-(

Must be me, watching the X-files. The forums were kidnapped by aliens.

We attempted to upgrade the wiki today and it went straight to hell, so we had to restore the backup we did this morning. As the wiki and the forum live in the same database, this rolled back the forum as well.

We attempted to upgrade the wiki today and it went straight to hell, so we had to restore the backup we did this morning. As the wiki and the forum live in the same database, this rolled back the forum as well.

Was that a new look of the wiki I saw very, very shortly? The edit buttons next to the text and the search box had changed location.

Is there a chance this will happen again in the next day or so? If yes, it would be nice to know if it is better to wait with adding bigger pieces of text to the wiki (little use if they get deleted again by accident)

Not exactly. "Life" is that thing that people do when not logged in. Or so I've heard.

You know nothing. Life is only when logged in. It is known.

Was that a new look of the wiki I saw very, very shortly? The edit buttons next to the text and the search box had changed location.

Is there a chance this will happen again in the next day or so? If yes, it would be nice to know if it is better to wait with adding bigger pieces of text to the wiki (little use if they get deleted again by accident)

I am not sure if it was ever visible, but possibly so.

We probably won't be attempting the upgrade again anytime soon, however. We were trying to move to the latest MediaWiki update to be able to take advantage of more mobile-friendly skins, but it turned out to be much too difficult to edit the new skins to insert ads and tweak the look to match the current skin. So we're probably stuck on the version we're at now.

Archived