Season 5 casting - v. 4 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Announcing "Young Griff" and "Jeyne" would not be very spoilery, no more than any other casting announcement is. Granted, some roles aren't cast until the fall, but the silence for now implies their exclusions.

But you aren't going to have just those names, there has to be some kind of description - and even if they don't release it, the news sites would go on Wiki and publish a short description of the character. They can't just publish a news story that goes: "Game of Thrones has cast XY in the role of Jeyne."

But you aren't going to have just those names, there has to be some kind of description - and even if they don't release it, the news sites would go on Wiki and publish a short description of the character. They can't just publish a news story that goes: "Game of Thrones has cast XY in the role of Jeyne."

Yeah, but think about how vague all the other descriptions were. "A ship captain carrying important passengers who will interact with a main cast member." All I'm saying is, the announcement of these characters wouldn't inherently be spoilery for the Unsullied, at least not in the "this character will act as a stand-in for Ayra" and "this character is a long-lost Targ" sense. If they're in the show, we're going to hear about it.

Yeah, but think about how vague all the other descriptions were. "A ship captain carrying important passengers who will interact with a main cast member." All I'm saying is, the announcement of these characters wouldn't inherently be spoilery for the Unsullied, at least not in the "this character will act as a stand-in for Ayra" and "this character is a long-lost Targ" sense. If they're in the show, we're going to hear about it.

Yes, but there's no point in announcing these castings. We already know for a fact after the Denys Mallister thing that there are still some named characters that didn't appear in any of the leaked casting sheets. Fake Arya could easily be one of them. In the end, we'll probably find out the old fashioned way by coming across her CV which says she plays "girl" and speculating away. That's exactly what happened with Ramsay in season 3.

Aegon is another matter, though. I won't guess about him anymore, since it is looking quite grim.

The latest pic of Moneyglass:

https://twitter.com/suzanne1245/status/501650416581746688

ETA: According to twiiter they already started filming there last night. This lines up all too perfectly with Alfie returning to film. The set is probably a new part of Winterfell.

It probably the set they built so alfie can jump off it..and they could use it for other things. OR it could be a small castle where Stannis is holding up before the battle for winterfell, as Theon would be involved in some of those scenes as well. OR both

EDIT: the castle is actually quite big...maybe not

Those are not casting announcements, just leaked casting info/casting calls, about characters who probably don't even exist in the books.

Yes, but there's no point in announcing these castings. We already know for a fact after the Denys Mallister thing that there are still some named characters that didn't appear in any of the leaked casting sheets. Fake Arya could easily be one of them. In the end, we'll probably find out the old fashioned way by coming across her CV which says she plays "girl" and speculating away. That's exactly what happened with Ramsay in season 3.

Aegon is another matter, though. I won't guess about him anymore, since it is looking quite grim.

Agreed.

Those are not casting announcements, just leaked casting info/casting calls, about characters who probably don't even exist in the books.

Fair enough, though it's not like the casting announcements go into great depth either: "Yezzan was an extremely wealthy slave trader before Daenerys Targaryen outlawed the slave trade."

mmm i was just comparing photos of winterfell with moneyglass and the architecture doesn't really match (unless they haven't finished building which is likely)

It could be a section at one of the far corners. There are found towers there. That said, the color of the castle is definitely off from the season 1 Winterfell. Maybe it is just a coincidence that filming starts in Moneglass the day Alfie gets back to it. But probably not.

EDIT: the fact that they've built the set on the outside too makes me hopeful that they do plan to use it for Theon's jump. And if that scene makes the cut I can't see it done without either a fake Arya or at least some replacement (which sure as he'll would be better than Theon saving himself).

Fake Arya is not a minor character like Denys Mallister who would appear only in 1-2 scenes, neither is Manderly. it's not comparable.

If they had been cast we would have found out by now. Just face it they're gone.

Fake Arya is not a minor character like Denys Mallister who would appear only in 1-2 scenes, neither is Manderly. it's not comparable.

If they had been cast we would have found out by now. Just face it they're gone.

Meh. Fake Arya would have less presence than Mallister. She's mostly a plot device. In any case, she's not a role they'd want to announce and Denys Mallister proved that we don't know everything yet. But I agree that if we hear nothing in the next few weeks (now that they're filming for Theon and the Boltons) she's probably cut.

We'll see

With the Denys Mallister reveal, I'm sure there will be a handful of characters that will appear but we won't find out about for a while. Jeyne Poole is that kind of character, probably with a very unknown actress. I now have more hope for more new characters this season.

I'm not expecting fArya to get a lot of screen time, but wouldn't the role require a pretty strong actress? She has to get tortured believably, bring Theon back to his humanity, pull off one character pretending to be another character, and she's in an action sequence. It is not the same as "guy at the Wall with a few lines that is also in the background of a few scenes". fArya also presumably shows up in season 6.

If they're doing fArya, she must have been one of the bigger casting challenges for season 5, right?

I'm pretty sure that Dagmer Cleftjaw was flayed/ killed by Ramsay shortly after the season 2 finale.

Yara as Victarion makes no sense. If there's no Victarion, it's because nobody will be taking his place.

Is Dagmer Cleftjaw the ironborn who betrayed Theon so that he could "go home"? This part makes no sense, you do not sell your Lord's son to enemy and expect to go home and live. Even he could manage to keep his betray as a secret ( I do not know how considering all of his men present at Winterfell knew it), still you can not expect to abandond your Lord's son in the battlefield and expect to go home and live

I'm not expecting fArya to get a lot of screen time, but wouldn't the role require a pretty strong actress? She has to get tortured believably, bring Theon back to his humanity, pull off one character pretending to be another character, and she's in an action sequence. It is not the same as "guy at the Wall with a few lines that is also in the background of a few scenes". fArya also presumably shows up in season 6.

If they're doing fArya, she must have been one of the bigger casting challenges for season 5, right?

I wouldn't say that. It's not a very complex role, all they need to do is find a kid who can pull off the "scared little girl" thing (and I personally don't think she'll have much of a role in season 6- but that's purely conjecture on my part). Casting Doran, for instance, is much harder given all his layers.

Is Dagmer Cleftjaw the ironborn who betrayed Theon so that he could "go home"? This part makes no sense, you do not sell your Lord's son to enemy and expect to go home and live. Even he could manage to keep his betray as a secret ( I do not know how considering all of his men present at Winterfell knew it), still you can not expect to abandond your Lord's son in the battlefield and expect to go home and live

All the men were in on it. As for Balon's reaction, I don't know. Maybe they would have told everyone he died.

All the men were in on it. As for Balon's reaction, I don't know. Maybe they would have told everyone he died.

Then the natural question Balon would ask would be "Why are you still living after my son got killed?". Remember this is Balon of Iron islands, he is no Ned Starks. GGRM treated Theon's captured much more believable in the novel.

Then the natural question Balon would ask would be "Why are you still living after my son got killed?". Remember this is Balon of Iron islands, he is no Ned Starks. GGRM treated Theon's captured much more believable in the novel.

Balon doesn't seem to show much care for Theon both in the books and on the show. So he probably wouldn't give two shits if his son is alive or dead. He certainly doesn't seem to care about Theon when he learns that he's a prisoner of The Bolton's on the show.

Balon doesn't seem to show much care for Theon both in the books and on the show. So he probably wouldn't give two shits if his son is alive or dead. He certainly doesn't seem to care about Theon when he learns that he's a prisoner of The Bolton's on the show.

Even if he doesn't much care about Theon, the Ironborn betraying a remember of the royal house is something I doubt Balon could/would overlook. He has the right to disrespect and abandon Theon, but I doubt he would recognize the soldiery as having a similar right.

Archived