AcroPHOBIA #8: Little Known Facts About the Reeds - Game over, Fragile Bird Wins!

Emmit

Many thanks to Honeyed Chicken, northernwarg, shadowCloud, Ser Not Appearing, and red river for the votes!

Awesome entries again this round! I've really enjoyed this game. Hat's off to our host Emmit for giving us the Reed version of Acrophobia!

And now my votes:

1. 11. Lion distaste reciprocal - "prima donnas!" I bet they're not alone in this.

2. 6. Lordly dudemance: reconnaissance, pedis, duels Aside from the delightful coining of "dudemance" I have to say I love the visual of Ned and Howland getting pedicures together.

3. 7. Lord's daughters relished play dates. I know it didn't happen, but the idea is just too awesome to not include in my votes.

Honorable mentions to entries 9, 10 and 12. Well done, everybody!

#1 15 Lovers? Doubtful, Reed prefers dames.

#2 5 Looted Dreadfort, ran, played dumb.

#3 8 Lovers dispute required (plenty) distance.

God, that was hard. My first shortlist was 8. Then I threw some out on silly grounds like they weren't really about the relationship or they included the repulsive word 'panties'. Then I am afraid it became even more arbitrary. Had to choose between clever plays on words and simple straightforward sentences - each hard to achieve. Sorry to everyone I didn't vote for as every entry was good.

Voting this round was very difficult. I had nine on my long list.

FIRST. #4 Love? Dirty role playing? Definitely. (This made me laugh out loud!)

Second #3 Lords: drunken revellers! Partners displeased... ( I can just see Catelyn and Jyanna seething quietly about Ned and Howland's little 'fishing trips'!)

Third #15 Lovers? Doubtful, Reed prefers dames. ( I think the pace/rhythm of this is very compelling plus the retro use of 'dames')

Sorry I've got no bold. For some reason I have no facilities like fonts, colour, bold,emoticons links.... nothing.

last round is tough!

I'm loving the last round. The only thing him finding tricky is avoiding what seems too obvious to me.

Edit: will vote when I get home late tonight from Etihad Stadium, hopefully celebrating a fine home victory!

It's funny how when you read the list over and over again, you see things you didn't see before. :)

#1. 16. Lord's devotee reveals preposterous denoument. That would be really, really funny, if a certain theory wasn't true.

#2. 12. Long-distance relatives / penpals? Delightful! Another funny idea, Howland and Ned as pen pals. :)

#3. 14. Laughing Dayne, Reed's punchline deadens. Liked this, even though it's a bit awkwardly phrased.

1st - 9. Lyanna's disappearance reinforced powerful devotion.

2nd - 6. Lordly dudemance: reconnaissance, pedis, duels

3rd - 1. Lovable Duo Resisting Personal Desires

More votes for mine please. Only 9 is superior to it (though I can't begrudge 6's "dudemance"). Thanks.

9 is magnificent though! Should get a deserving haul.

it appear that have not voted yet. must rectify:

First: 10. Loving duo. Reproduction problematic... direfrogs!!! (lmao)

Second: 15. Lovers? Doubtful, Reed prefers dames. (cute)

Third: 11. Lion distaste reciprocal - "prima donnas!" (this one too)

now to see if I can rustle up a submission, timely

Do you mean vocab issues? Curmudgan is curmudgeon (a grump!) misspelled I think and nouse means

common sense/initiative/brains.

I had to look up nouse and saw that definition and it made sense. However, the preferred spelling was often without the e and that spelling had some crazy definitions associated with it. The urban dictionary had a definition that, strangely enough, matched the Miriam Webster definition. I'm not sure I have ever seen that happen before. Urban dictionary definition #3, though, puts a whole new spin on the whole thing (please look it up for a pleasant surprise). Anyway, my confusion was if the e changed the nuance of the definition and why does any of that make her a curmudgeon. Good job, regardless.

Hi Starks of Winter!

Redriver...here's to you, and me, and the last round! :cheers:

And now for my votes:

1. 4. Remembering Cruel Maegor, Reed's afflicted subjects nostalgic. This totally cracked me up. Well done, whoever this was!

2. 3. Reluctantly crowned, Miss Reed, assassinates snarks, neurotics Those snarks really had it coming. Are grumkins next?

3. 13. Reproaches cleverly: means? Ropes and snared netting! Can totally see Meera doing this, preferably during small council meetings.

Honorable mentions to all of the rest! Seriously great entries this round!

oooo house words

I must apologise to AA. I didn't read his last entry properly. The idea of Miss Reed outdoing Meagar the Cruel would have won a vote if I had.

Lots of good ones this round, too.

Thanks. Funny thought, but difficult to word smoothly.

Emmit,

I think HH is owed another pt.for last round, I voted for his (#14, about rampant cronyism) for third.

Thank you for double checking.

And fixed.

I am beginning my tallies. That means:

Get a vote in if you haven't

Get a submission in if you haven't

You may no longer change your entry

Archived