AcroPHOBIA #8: Little Known Facts About the Reeds - Game over, Fragile Bird Wins!

Emmit

Hmm.Hate to be niggly,but does inserting a hyphen mean you can add letters to the original acronym?As in C for COTF?Or M for Many faced gods?

If so,well and good.

I think as long as the host is willing to accept it, it's more or less left up to the player as to whether they consider that "cheating" or not. If they do, they just don't vote for it. If not... well, you still don't vote for it unless you really like it, because that's the way the game works anyway! :P lol

I think as long as the host is willing to accept it, it's more or less left up to the player as to whether they consider that "cheating" or not. If they do, they just don't vote for it. If not... well, you still don't vote for it unless you really like it, because that's the way the game works anyway! :P lol

Fair enough.I'm a mere child in these matters and unschooled in the ways of Acrophobia.. :drunk:

Hmm.Hate to be niggly,but does inserting a hyphen mean you can add letters to the original acronym?As in C for COTF?Or M for Many faced gods?

If so,well and good.

Some do it. I try to stay away from voting for them, personally. Cheapens it some how. The voters decide, though.

Red, basically Reek and SNA have summed it up... feel free to bend the rules all you want, But the more you bend the rules the less likely you are to receive votes.

I am unlikely to vote for a rule breaker unless it is exceedingly clever... so the quality of the entry has to overcome the amount of rules breaking.

I have noticed that acronyms/initialism within entries sees to be fine. Also sometimes creating a new compound word will be OK. Hyphens get tricky. Prefixes and suffixes seem to be OK when hyphenated on, The any other hyphens seem to be on a case by case basis.

If so,well and good.

:agree:

It's a bit cheap if it's used to add more words when working within the letters provided is the point of the game. I avoid doing this and I really think others should too unless it's an established nickname/hyphenated phrase that exists within the universe of ASOIAF. And I don't think that's being niggly, I think that's being fair but host's discretion I guess.

Drats - I missed the last round.

First - 13.) Dreamer's mate gains Reeds wealthy old family.

Second - 12.) Dornish madien greatly revered. What odious fortune!

Third - 16.) Delightful Maya Glover - remarkable wooer of Frogs

first 2. Dared marriage gamble. Reed weds Other (female). (I really like it!)

second 8. Dismal marsh greets reluctant wives, observe frogeaters.

third 3. Doesn't marry girl, rooms with odd "Friend".

12. Dornish madien greatly revered. What odious fortune! (Am I right in understanding that it is a reference to the Dornishman's wife? :ninja: )

12 or so hours to go.

My apologies to the author of No. 9. While moving from word to the board, the formatting the author preferred went away. Please double check No. 9, and even if you don't choose it, appreciate it for it's awesomeness.

first 2. Dared marriage gamble. Reed weds Other (female). (I really like it!)

second 8. Dismal marsh greets reluctant wives, observe frogeaters.

third 3. Doesn't marry girl, rooms with odd "Friend".

12. Dornish madien greatly revered. What odious fortune! (Am I right in understanding that it is a reference to the Dornishman's wife? :ninja: )

Regarding 12, if that was the reference I completely missed it. I just figured it meant he was matched with a Dornish girl and either someone was upset about it, or she was upset that he's gone AWOL.

1st - 5. Daario's mauve genitalia rocked world of Frogspawn. :lmao:

2nd - 7. Dacey Mormont? Goner. Red Wedding obviously foreseen! zing!

3rd - 17. Dead Man's Girlfriend Really Was Only Faked quite possible

this is one time i really wish i could vote for mine. for once, i'm proud of it.

I'm on my cell phone, so this is a bit tedious to do, since I don't know how to copy and paste on the phone.

First - 16. A horrific fact? Crannogmen incest (theory). - that would be so very GRRM! But they are little, poor people, and I don't think other houses marry them, so in-breeding is very likely.

Second - 12. Ancestors honored Forest Children's intuitive talents. - Well, Howland did, and presumably others around him did as well.

Third - 5. Adventurous house fairies. Constantly in tabloids. - I find this so whimsical!

Everyone - well done! Damned clever bunch!

that's exactly what i was thinking!

Archived