Michael Brown's death and civil unrest in north St. Louis

TerraPrime

They also claim that this all started because they were just standing in the street. We now know that wasn't true. Maybe these "witnesses" have cred issues

We don't know that all. Stop making stuff up.

There are two at least other witnesses and their accounts (which like Brown's friend, unlike the police have been consistent from the beginning) match each other's and Brown's friend pretty closely, they do not match what the police have said which has been quite inconsistent. I don't think any alleged participation in a robbery (because the cop was not there and was going based on description) in any way justifies the cop's behavior and because of the discrepancies and the reek of cover up from the police I find the self defense argument weak so for me the new information changes nothing.

I don't think any alleged participation in a robbery (because the cop was not there and was going based on description) in any way justifies the cop's behavior and because of the discrepancies and the reek of cover up from the police I find the self defense argument weak so for me the new information changes nothing.

I agree.

I think most of the support for police is because people love the idea of swift, vigilante style justice.

Just look at anti drone Rand Paul who has no problem with using drones to execute fleeing thieves. What they see here is the police officer delivering swift "justice" and executing the "violent criminal thug".

What did I make up!? One of the witnesses was an accomplice to the robbery! You wouldn't call that a conflict of interest? Or does it not fit your narrative?

There's more than one witness. Unless you think they were ALL in on it.

I'm not argueing with you......I just think that the punishment should fit the circumstance. When the story first broke, it was portrayed as MB being some innocent kid walking down the middle of the street and the officer told him to get off the road and then shot him.

We now know that these are clearly not the circumstances, and for people to say he "did nothing wrong" is just sending the wrong message.

What I am saying is that if you rob stores and try to take the gun away from an officer, you are putting yourself in a dangerous position. Should he have been shot? No, if he was posing no threat at the time the officer pulled the trigger then the officer should be held accountable.....but when holding him accountable, you have to consider all the circumstances.

I've never said he didn't do anything wrong. I'm actually not that surprised about the robbery. But again, that has nothing to do with the interaction.

The official police story as of Monday was the cop approached them because they were walking in the street. My greater point is this change in that narrative was introduced to defend the actions of the cop.

And as I said 10 days ago (before any of this happened), if you want to get away with murder in the 21st century, all you need to do is claim they went for your gun (the Zimmerman defense). Well, we've seen a few cases of that since.

It looks like two different people, unless he has some kind of magic ability to change his sandals into shoes and can change the color of his pants. But the biggest question is why wasn't this released days ago? This doesn't add up unless you're looking for a reason to blame the victim.

I agree.

I think most of the support for police is because people love the idea of swift, vigilante style justice.

Just look at anti drone Rand Paul who has no problem with using drones to execute fleeing thieves. What they see here is the police officer delivering swift "justice" and executing the "violent criminal thug".

What? What a dumb post! Good thing no one really care what you think. What kind of generalization is that!? Support Police= love Vigilante justice. Dude put himself in a very bad situation because of HIS choices. I doubt that cop woke up and said " I'm gonna get my vigilante on today "

Also, key point everyone has missed. It's also murder 1 because the cop made no attempt to check MB's pulse or try to revive him. No one did for 45 minutes.

I agree that 1 or more eye witnesses could be wrong or embellishing, but that young woman was very clearly telling the truth. And it's her remarks I am going by.

It looks like two different people, unless he has some kind of magic ability to change his sandals into shoes and can change the color of his pants. But the biggest question is why wasn't this released days ago? This doesn't add up unless you're looking for a reason to blame the victim.

Which victim are you referring to the store owner or the police officer?

Yes, it's implausible for all the witnesses to have been on it. Just Brown's friend I can see.

There was a young woman (well not that young since she owns a business) that was close by (she was picking up one of her employees) and she witnessed everything, and stayed for over an hour to watch the fallout. She also called several people right as it happened and some of those people have confirmed what she told them.

Maybe the had to verify the tape and talk to the owner. That is between stopping the riots and the looting...

Archived