Michael Brown's death and civil unrest in north St. Louis

TerraPrime

Ha. Troll on

No, it's just that I've been reading all of you guys conclusions on this situation for days that it's racism and police brutality when you don't even know all the info. Does anyone have any shred of evidence that this cop is racist? Any evidence that he set out to just gun someone down? No there isn't. But you all sure made your mind to quick! Just like the rioters. When the media shows up and makes assumptions and whips these people into some Nike craving looters, it makes you wonder... Isn't the media to blame for aggravating the situation?

No, it's just that I've been reading all of you guys conclusions on this situation for days that it's racism and police brutality when you don't even know all the info. Does anyone have any shred of evidence that this cop is racist? Any evidence that he set out to just gun someone down? No there isn't. But you all sure made your mind to quick! Just like the rioters. When the media shows up and makes assumptions and whips these people into some Nike craving looters, it makes you wonder... Isn't the media to blame for aggravating the situation?

You mean other than the fact that he put 10 bullets in a Black boy who had his hands up in the air and was surrendering?

What? What a dumb post! Good thing no one really care what you think. What kind of generalization is that!? Support Police= love Vigilante justice. Dude put himself in a very bad situation because of HIS choices. I doubt that cop woke up and said " I'm gonna get my vigilante on today "

You support a police officer executing somebody who has already surrendered in the middle of a street.

I think my assumption is the most charitable assumption possible.

Other possibilities that come to mind involve racism, trolling, etc which are all worst.

Maybe the had to verify the tape and talk to the owner. That is between stopping the riots and the looting...

That doesn't take days to do and you know it. It also doesn't explain why the person in the video is wearing different attire, which means Brown is probably not the devil child you are trying to paint him as, and even IF he is that person, it doesn't give anyone the right to shoot and kill him.

This is just a smear campaign, pure and simple.

tptwnp,

What happened in the shooting is unclear. That said if the decedent was surrendering and unarmed when he was shot the decedent's prior alleged criminal conduct is irrelevant to the legality of the officer shooting him.

:agree:

Surrender.. Was that before or after he fought with a cop and possible tried to take his gun? And you still haven't provided evidence, just consequences of bad decisions

There are multiple eyewitnesses saying he surrendered, and the only one saying there was a fight was the cop who killed the kid. Why are you taking the side of the one cop whose story does not match up to the multiple eyewitnesses? You keep saying he fought with the cop and tried to take his gun, yet you have no evidence that any of this took place.

You support a police officer executing somebody who has already surrendered in the middle of a street.

I think my assumption is the most charitable assumption possible.

Other possibilities that come to mind involve racism, trolling, etc which are all worst.

Thanks. but I'll speak for myself... When did I say I support an officer executing someone? Oh yeah, never said that. And I'm a troll because I disagree with you...gotcha. That makes about as much sense as all the race baiting that's been going on in this thread

That doesn't take days to do and you know it. It also doesn't explain why the person in the video is wearing different attire, which means Brown is probably not the devil child you are trying to paint him as, and even IF he is that person, it doesn't give anyone the right to shoot and kill him.

This is just a smear campaign, pure and simple.

Well that's not why he was shot, are you paying attention here. He was shot because of his actions toward the officer allegedly.

Well that's not why he was shot, are you paying attention here. He was shot because of his actions toward the officer allegedly.

Allegedly, look at my other post. The only one saying that is the cop and there's no evidence to support it.

tptwnp,

What happened in the shooting is unclear. That said if the decedent was surrendering and unarmed when he was shot the decedent's prior alleged criminal conduct is irrelevant to the legality of the officer shooting him.

Is it unclear? You guys seem to have it figured out! What about if he was fighting with the officer for his weapon? Like you said, is unclear. It's sad this guy was killed. I think it's sad that for the rest of his life, this officer is going to have to life with the fact that he killed another human being. The whole thing is horrible. But what makes it worse are when people on the outside, that have no idea really, try to inject these narratives and motives.

Surrender.. Was that before or after he fought with a cop and possible tried to take his gun? And you still haven't provided evidence, just consequences of bad decisions

Over-committing at the first sign of weakness is a rookie mistake. When the line breaks for a moment, you can't commit everything into a head-long rush or else you just find yourself surrounded in a deadly pincer counter-attack.

Is it unclear? You guys seem to have it figured out! What about if he was fighting with the officer for his weapon? Like you said, is unclear. It's sad this guy was killed. I think it's sad that for the rest of his life, this officer is going to have to life with the fact that he killed another human being. The whole thing is horrible. But what makes it worse are when people on the outside, that have no idea really, try to inject these narratives and motives.

1. The fact that you phrased it as a question instead of a statement means you believe its unclear.

2. Like when you insinuated that the boy who died wasn't a victim. Was that impartial?

There are multiple eyewitnesses saying he surrendered, and the only one saying there was a fight was the cop who killed the kid. Why are you taking the side of the one cop whose story does not match up to the multiple eyewitnesses? You keep saying he fought with the cop and tried to take his gun, yet you have no evidence that any of this took place.

Because until this morning it was being stated as fact that this was just some innocent teen strolling down the road when some racist police man figured I'm just going to shoot one of these black people today. That is clearly not the case. So now we're told, well he robbed a store but he didn't assault an office... Why should I believe that? What I saw said he fought with the officer, shots were fired, he ran, more shots fired. That make sense to me. What doesn't make sense is that the officer sees him, he matches the description, officer approaches Brown, Brown surrenders, cop shoots him for the fuck of it. What does he gain from doing that. How does that make his day go smoothly. That makes absolutely zero sense. Only to you race baiters does that scenario seen plausible.

So the big question on the legality of the Brown shooting is the fact that the eyewitness testimony and the police statements do not agree. In fact they are totally different.

Dorian Johnson (Brown's friend and eyewitness)

Tiffany Mitchell (bystander):

A new witness to the killing of Michael Brown emerged Thursday, corroborating major details offered by the earlier witness, Dorian Johnson. Both described the initial interaction between the 18-year-old and the officer as a tug-of-war in which the officer grabbed the teenager as Brown tried to free himself from the officer’s grip through a car window.
Tiffany Mitchell described hearing tires squeak and seeing “Michael and the officer wrestling through the [car] window.” Brown, she said, was struggling to get away while the officer continued to try to pull him closer. Concerned, Mitchell pulled out her phone, at which point she said the first shot was fired “through the window.” Mitchell then saw Brown break away from the officer’s grip and run down the street from the police vehicle.

“The officer gets out of his vehicle,” Mitchell said, “and he pursues him,” continuing to shoot at Brown. “Michael’s body jerks as if he was hit,” Mitchell explained, “and then he put his hands up,” and the officer continued to shoot at Brown until the teenager collapsed “all the way down to the ground.”

There's talk about there being a third witness on record, but I haven't found anything about him/her. But the accounts from Mitchell and Johnson mostly agree, and I find Mitchell in particular to be a lot more credible than the police officer involved (who is facing a potential murder charge). And her account doesn't leave a whole lot open to interpretation. Even if Brown did reach for the officer's gun during the initial struggle (which she says did not happen), all shots but the first one would be clearly excessive.

Now, if something else comes out which actually corroborates the officer's story, then we should all reevaluate. But at the moment, it looks like police brutality and 2nd degree murder.

Third eyewitness, Piaget Crenshaw

“They shot him, and he fell. He put his arms up to let them know he was compliant, and that he was unarmed. And they shot him twice more, and he fell to the ground and died.”

Archived