Michael Brown's death and civil unrest in north St. Louis

TerraPrime

When people can't make a valid argument, that's what they do. It's just a trait he lacks, called character

Lol you're full of character, it's just questionable.

I love how the guy who says the dead kid wasn't a victim, keeps circling back to the looting, and keeps calling the witnesses felons is the same guy that claims everyone else is race baiting.

It's definitely weird. I mean, if you know that he's a robbery suspect why would not mention that. The only thing I can think of is that they had to confirm it. Usually, people are brought into custody, questioned, stories are investigated. In this case they had a dead suspect that had to be confirmed. While all the looters are looting

They only identified Brown as the robbery suspect when the cop who wrote in the incident report on the robbery compared the surveillance shots to Brown's body.

He turned after he got married, i think. He didn;t sell out however, he bought in =P

Nah bro, facts are complicated. Sure we all have our ideology but ask yourself this, why was i arguing against tempra/nekhor in the zimmerman trial but not here?

Also admit it, you do wish the feds rolled over bundy klan protest yeah?

Can you link to official law enforcement press releases from the beginning to now to show this change?

The chief on Monday stated the officer approached the two youths because they were walking in the street. That was the officer's own account. No mention they were searching for two robbery suspects. Not a single word about it. Now they are trying to imply it was because of the shoplifting.

No this is what I responded to...

Blame the victim.... Singular. I was just trying to bring to the poster thought process that there multiple victims in this situation

There's only one dead person. It's singular.

The robbery incident and the shooting incident are two completely different things that literally have nothing to do with each other unless you have an agenda to try and assassinate a dead kid's character. It's disgusting that you continue to do so.

Chiki,

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t1

In the video here you can see a large black man assaulting what seems to be the shop keeper.

Again, even if that is the case if the man was unarmed and surrendering his earlier actions do not justify his death. His earlier actions are not relevant to the discussion of the proprity of his shooting.

"

Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.

“On and/or about the 20th day of Sept. 20, 2009 at or near 222 S. Florissant within the corporate limits of Ferguson, Missouri, the above named defendant did then and there unlawfully commit the offense of ‘property damage’ to wit did transfer blood to the uniform,” reads the charge sheet.

The address is the headquarters of the Ferguson Police Department, where a 52-year-old welder named Henry Davis was taken in the predawn hours on that date. He had been arrested for an outstanding warrant that proved to actually be for another man of the same surname, but a different middle name and Social Security number.

"

Given whats alledged in this article can we agree that we should take anything this department claims with a grain of salt?

Let's say it's true that the police officer was fighting for his gun, because he was worried about dying. It's true that George Zimmerman was worried about dying when Martin was pounding his head into the ground.

They are still analogous in the sense that they were killing the assailant in self defense, even if they're different in other ways. Okay?

That's really whitewashing the trevor martin murder. Might as well state that they are both analogous in the sense that both victims are dead black kids.

The facts are more nuanced than that ..... What we possibly have here is an officer responding with force while performing his lawfully assigned duty, but in the zimmerman trial, we have a armed vigilante who stalked another citizen and ended up killing him.

The Ferguson police are holding another press conference now. Direct quote just spoken by the chief:

"This robbery does not relate to the initial contact with Michael Brown."

This chief is the worst public speaker I've ever seen. But he did just admit the two incidents were unrelated (shop lifting and jaywalking approach). I just posted the incident report, which also indicates this.

That's really whitewashing the trevor martin murder. Might as well state that they are both analogous in the sense that both victims are dead black kids.

The facts are more nuanced than that ..... What we possibly have here is an officer responding with force while performing his lawfully assigned duty, but in the zimmerman trial, we have a armed vigilante who stalked another citizen and ended up killing him.

Trevor?

I think the analogy people are making is after the fact evidence was released that made TM look like a criminal, which is what just happened here too. Zimmerman wasn't a cop, but he knew the lingo and the force and his dad was a judge. They're not the same, but they have a few similar aspects.

Nah bro, facts are complicated. Sure we all have our ideology but ask yourself this, why was i arguing against tempra/nekhor in the zimmerman trial but not here?

Also admit it, you do wish the feds rolled over bundy klan protest yeah?

I was pretty much kidding. I respect that you are able to argue things without a strict left/right bias. I'm not even totally sure what your position here is since i haven't read the entire thread due to some people spamming the absolute shit out out of it.

It concerns me that you care more about when the police released this information than whether it is true. This may or may not be a cover-up, but why not wait until more Information before making up your mind?

If this is indeed a cover-up, then the officers must be among the dumbest people alive because federal officials are scrutinizing every action they take on this matter.

Yeah the feds are crawling all over this .... And given at least 3 witnesses on record so far, it is beyond dumb for them to cover this up with such a clumsy attempt.

After all of this is released, I still saw on the news where the leaders of this "movement" are saying the MB "did nothing wrong".......did nothing wrong?

Rob a store and then try to grab the officers gun is putting yourself in a very dangerous situation, and to tell the young peope of this community that he "did nothing wrong" just blows my mind.

Well the leaders could be challenging the allegation of robbery presented by the police. I really dont see any problem with their response at this point in time.

However, if they persist when the this fact is affirmed, then yeah that is some really shitty leadership for the community and totally send the wrong message to people in the community, let alone outsiders.

The Ferguson police are holding another press conference now. Direct quote just spoken by the chief:

"This robbery does not relate to the initial contact with Michael Brown."

That very well may be; however, that does not mean Brown's earlier actions are irrelevant. If Brown assaulted the shopkeeper and stole from the shop, that could provide motive for why Brown may have fought with the police officer to avoid arrest.

Yeah the feds are crawling all over this .... And given at least 3 witnesses on record so far, it is beyond dumb for them to cover this up with such a clumsy attempt.

Well the leaders could be challenging the allegation of robbery presented by the police. I really dont see any problem with their response at this point in time.

However, if they persist when the this fact is affirmed, then yeah that is some really shitty leadership for the community and totally send the wrong message to people in the community, let alone outsiders.

I disagree, because the two boys were not stopped for the robbery. They have nothing to do with each other. Not only that, but there is no way to confirm that he actually robbed the store because he's dead. He'll never get a trial for it, he'll never be able to provide evidence, he'll never be able to do anything about the media slant because he's dead. The only purpose it serves is to assassinate his character so the officer who killed him for no reason has a better chance of getting off, a la Zimmerman.

Archived