Michael Brown Shooting and Civil Unrest II

Relic

tpwwnp,

We know Brown was killed. That much is certain.

We don't know what happened between the officer and Brown. If brown was trying to surrender and was murdered then the officer should be punished. Until we know for sure, we shouldn't be jumping to conclusion on one side or the other. Some of the serious hate of law enforcement in the previous thread was disgusting. And I can't imagine anyone that feels anything but sadness for this kid and his family. For some reason, the officer believed he had the grounds to shoot to kill. We dont know those reasons and won't until more information is gathered. The facts have changed a lot since the event to place last week. There maybe more to learn before drawing conclusions

This tool did the same thing to me yesterday.

Keep talking about other boarders like that please. The quicker you get banned the better.

Relic, for comparison here are some recent posts by Queen in a single topic:

You sir, are fucking insane, and don't have eyes.

Murder 1 idiot.

Get a clue. No one ever sides with you.

Um how dumb are you?

So yeah, you're full of shit.

Your own argument undercuts your thesis. Dumbass.

Does Queen get a pass because you agree with what he is saying? I suppose IF the moderators here share the same sentiment then yes princethatwasnt should tread lightly. But, if a banning for calling someone a "tool" is warranted don't you agree those quotes above far exceed that?

A vast majority of the mods are in London right now for Worldcon. I myself am not a mod in Misc. but I will again say that the name calling and personal attacks had best cease quickly. There will be bannings no matter what side of the argument you are on.

If that is not you saying he was fleeing IDK what is.....

Are you kidding me? READ the speculation I'm referring to that I quoted just above at the bottom of post #39. WHERE DID I, ME, THIS POSTER, SAY I BELIEVED HE WAS A FLEEING FELON???

I said exactly what you just quoted. My speculation on Fleeing Felon being important to the topic at hand was correct. It appears the police are heading that way as a defense. So yep, that defense is obviously important to speculate about. No where in there did I agree he was a fleeing felon or not. In fact if you read what I quoted at the bottom of #39, you will notice I thought it was bullshit.

Are you skimming my posts?

Edit after seeing Trebla's post: Yes the name calling and personal attacks should stop. But I suppose I could just be playing the martyr. I do prefer some sane discussion then all of this back and forth you said I said he said she said that just goes in circles.

We don't know what happened between the officer and Brown. If brown was trying to surrender and was murdered then the officer should be punished.

Wow, that's generous of you. I suppose a week's paid vacation will be sufficient?

And law enforcement deserves every bit of the hate they receive. Until bad apples are treated appropriately, they are all guilty by association.

These two threads have been absolutely terrible. See below for reasons;

Sturn, I couldn't agree more with everything you said! Especially this. This tool did the same thing to me yesterday.

You sir, are fucking insane, and don't have eyes.

Murder 1 idiot.

Get a clue. No one ever sides with you.

Um how dumb are you?

So yeah, you're full of shit.

Your own argument undercuts your thesis. Dumbass.

Seriously, grow the fuck up. Both of you. I wish I could slap you both upside the god damned head.

Sturn, it's very hard to figure out what your opinion is, actually, because you often conflate your views with the polices. For instance, you don't say that you think he was a fleeing felon but you don't otherwise say what you think happened either. You say both sides are implausible but you don't say what specifically makes them so.

Without any actual declarative statements we are left to infer what you think. And that ends up sounding a lot like what someone who thinks the police are not at fault.

It might be more productive if you state what your opinion actually is.

Wow, that's generous of you. I suppose a week's paid vacation will be sufficient?

And law enforcement deserves every bit of the hate they receive. Until bad apples are treated appropriately, they are all guilty by association.

That is unfair to all of the honest police who aren't bad apples. That might be where the us vs them attitude comes from.

Haha no when I say punished, I mean charged based on the offense. And your second thought is just wrong. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Those racist cops you hate share your logic:

Something a Racist Cop Might Say:

And law enforcement those black people deserve every bit of the hate they receive. Until bad apples are treated appropriately, they are all guilty by association.

That is unfair to all of the honest police who aren't bad apples. That might be where the us vs them attitude comes from.

The us vs. them stems from the fact that police have to be vigilant 100% of the time, because there are a lot of real threats they face every day (mainly from our insane gun laws). Unfortunately, how this feels to the general public is over-vigilance. At the end of the day, it seems more more that there is an attitude of judge and enforce rather than protect and serve.

While I totally agree that you're being unfairly piled on in this topic by a few people, regardless of who agrees with you on what, that comparison is really, really flawed.

extremely. and fucking offensive.

Does Queen get a pass because you agree with what he is saying? I suppose IF the moderators here share the same sentiment then yes princethatwasnt should tread lightly. But, if a banning for calling someone a "tool" is warranted don't you agree those quotes above far exceed that?

No, not at all. However i failed to notice his/her name calling, probably because they are diluted by a shit ton of reasoned posts (borderline spam but w/e). However this other dude has been pretty nasty in general, carrying over form the other thread.

The us vs. them stems from the fact that police have to vigilante 100% of the time, because there are a lot of real threats they face every day (mainly from our insane gun laws). Unfortunately, how this feels to the general public is over-vigilance. At the end of the day, it seems more more that there is an attitude of judge and enforce rather than protect and serve.

I think the police need to be vigilant in order to be able to protect and serve the public. Isn't enforce part of protect and serve?

Sturn,

I agree with Kalbear. A lot of your points have been choppy and really open ended, so all anyone can do is try to interpret them. Can you understand that when you say, "Looks like my speculation on fleeing felon being important was spot on," it can easily be interpreted as you believed that MB was a fleeing suspect?

Furthermore, I dug into you on FF because you are an officer and the fact that you were misinterpreting it is really important. It's not a justifiable use of deadly force to shoot at a wounded, unarmed fleeing suspect unless the suspect presents an immediate threat of deadly or damaging force. There is no way to look at these events, as currently being reported, and argue deadly force was justifiable or that MB imposed an immediate threat to those around him. I'm not trying to berate you, although I have. I'm trying to get that into your head so if you're ever in that situation you make the right decision.

Most of those quotes are regarding tptwnp, and he deserved them. We can't forget this gem:

Your last sentence is pretty irresponsible, black men have the same opportunity to follow the law as white men/yellow men/ whatever color. Correct?

Sturn,

I agree with Kalbear. A lot of your points have been choppy and really open ended, so all anyone can do is try to interpret them. Can you understand that when you say, "Looks like my speculation on fleeing felon being important was spot on," it can easily be interpreted as you believed that MB was a fleeing suspect?

Furthermore, I dug into you on FF because you are an officer and the fact that you were misinterpreting it is really important. It's not a justifiable use of deadly force to shoot at a wounded, unarmed fleeing suspect unless the suspect presents an immediate threat of deadly or damaging force. There is no way to look at these events, as currently being reported, and argue deadly force was justifiable or that MB imposed an immediate threat to those around him. I'm not trying to berate you, although I have. I'm trying to get that into your head so if you're ever in that situation you make the right decision.

Most of those quotes are regarding tptwnp, and he deserved them. We can't forget this gem:

Those quotes were to many people and it was because they didn't agree with you.

Archived