Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

If it's not too much hassle for you Sam I'd go for the bigger one too.

Kat, Midsummer in Stockholm is quite deserted. People leave the city to spend Midsummer with friends in cabins in the country usually. There'll probably be some parks in Stockholm with Midsummer poles and dancing, but I'm not sure since I'm never here that day.

/Johan

Yeah I'd go for the bigger one too.

Otherwise, are there more of those first cabins, I think we'd have enough people for 2 of the smaller ones soon?

I can always enquire to see if there are smaller cabins at the Archipelacon rates still available, because at the moment we have:

SamofTarth

Alytha

Wee-Birdie/Beth

Cat

Targh

Pebbles

Johan/Steinman

and then Kat and Pod looking for Cabin roomies, which makes 9 of us, and then potentially a 10th bed if Phil can get across and join us as well.

So we could see if there is a 4 + a 5 bed cottages available, or 2 5 bed cottages and that way we're all sorted, rather than 7 of us booking in and leaving Kat and Pod out.

I'd say go with 2 5 bed cottages (or a 6 and 4) if possible. even if Phil doesn't make it I'm sure that we will have no problem filling the last spot.

Are you ok in arranging all this? It's probably easyier if one person is the main contact instead of several people phoning them saving potential confusion.

I'd hate for us to end up thinking we had booked with the new cabin(s) for us to council the first and end up with nothing.

if you need anything just ask.

I've made enquries about a 6 bed and a 4 bed, but if not I will confirm our reservation for the 7 bed cottage.

I'm alright doing it, but as people who know me and my financial situatio will already know, I am not in a position to pay the entire balance myself and wait for people to repay me at Archipelacon. I will at some point have to badger people for their share of the bill, but I will keep people posted on that front.

I've made enquries about a 6 bed and a 4 bed, but if not I will confirm our reservation for the 7 bed cottage.

I'm alright doing it, but as people who know me and my financial situatio will already know, I am not in a position to pay the entire balance myself and wait for people to repay me at Archipelacon. I will at some point have to badger people for their share of the bill, but I will keep people posted on that front.

Yes. Thanks for the time you are putting into this Sam! :) If you find a place, great. If not, we'll manage something!

Cottages far superior, I hadn't even realised we had to share a bathroom with the cabin.

I still have your bank details remembered on my online banking so I'm happy to pay you whenever. Also happy to chip in extra if anyone else needs temporary cover.

Has anybody found a halfways sane way to get there yet, from Western Europe (Germany / Belgium / Luxembourg thereabouts?) Everything I find is either hideously expensive or takes 2 days to get there :(

Hi Alytha, if you have trouble finding travel options, you can mail me sini at archipelacon.org with your dates and the price you are willing to pay and where you are from and we can try to find you something together.

Cabin Crew:

They have run out of 4 bed cabins, but they have 2 6 bed cabins that they have reserved for us, so space for more people as well. :)

Money details:

Deposit: 246Euros (by 21/1/15)

Final Balance: 984Euros (by 15/5/15)

So if we fill all 12 beds, that is 102.50Euros each, or £80, or $121.50.

So people have a choice:

1.) Pay just their deposit share now: 20.5Euros/ £16/ $24.50 now, and then the remainder of their share in May

2.) Pay their entire 102.5Euros/£80/$121.50 now.

Entirely your choice.

My paypal is musicalsam AT gmail DOT com

Current People in the Cabin are:

1.) SamofTarth

2.) Wee_Birdie

3.) Cat

4.) Targh

5.) Pebbles

6.) Alytha

7.) Steinman

8.) Kat

9.) Pod

10.) (Space reserved for PhilzeMountainGoat)

11.)

12.)

Sweet. This is making this Finnish side trip look a lot more affordable! My whole plan originally was just to go to Iceland, and then this con came up, so....

Sweet. This is making this Finnish side trip look a lot more affordable! My whole plan originally was just to go to Iceland, and then this con came up, so....

Iceland, Finland...sounds like if you can find somewhere to stay in Russia, you may as well do a round the world trip altogether! :)

And Sam, i've sent you over my full share. I paid the fee myself, so you shouldn't lose anything! :)

How many nights do we have this placed booked for?

Archived