Is GRRM planning to make Daenerys conqueror of the entire Known world?

Gendrymander

I don't see her being set up as queen of Myr, Volantis, Pentos, etc. It's common knowledge most of Essos has risen up against her and I don't see her falling to their armies. She's got support in the slaves, the Red Priests, the Dothraki and who knows where else. By conquer, I see her knocking down all of those that resist her on her way to Westeros.

It's almost a spoiler to know she's going to make it to Westeros and there will be a second Dance. It tells me she won't be defeated before she returns home. Or her loses won't be so bad that she can't keep fighting once she lands.

Right now, I'm rereading the last 2 in the revised order offered in All Leather Must Be Boiled.

It just seems to me that, if Daenerys can control her dragons, maybe with Tyrion's help, maybe not, she can defeat the armies amassing against her there. With all the magic communications that have reawakened, i.e. the glass candles, she might conceivably retain enough control to retain the entire known world under her command.

Then, she could return home to Westeros and win there.

I hadn't thought of the Glass Candles in that context, that's very interesting.

Anyway, to your question. I could see something like it happening, at least temporarily. In much the same way that Alexander the Great "conquered the known world". He rarely stopped and never took official control of any of place for very long. He was a conqueror in the true sense of the word. Using that definition, and taking the known world to be Westeros, The Free Cities, Slavers Bay, and the Dothraki Sea, I could see it happening kind of automatically as she marches west.

He has called her the most dangerous player so I don't think it's exactly impossible. And if my AAR theory is right, she will have an affect on the entire world in some way. If certain other theories are true, it seems she already has, like the whole JaqenPath dragon book at Old Town. Or Quaithe and Benerro and others from across the world who are all being influenced by her mere existence. I see big things for Dany but not quite the whole world.

It wouldn't surprise me at all she's a mary-sue.

We've been over this before. Just because you don't like her does not mean she is a mary sue.

I've often thought that Dany is perhaps akin to Alexander the Great, destined to do big things and rule much of the world, but maybe the more of the world she rules, the shorter her reign will be.

She's more like Aegon the Conqueror, who really didn't fight in the battles, mostly just rode around on his dragon burning people. Orys was the one on the battlefield like Alexander, though we don't know how much of a military tactician he was.

I don't see her being set up as queen of Myr, Volantis, Pentos, etc. It's common knowledge most of Essos has risen up against her and I don't see her falling to their armies. She's got support in the slaves, the Red Priests, the Dothraki and who knows where else. By conquer, I see her knocking down all of those that resist her on her way to Westeros.

It's almost a spoiler to know she's going to make it to Westeros and there will be a second Dance. It tells me she won't be defeated before she returns home. Or her loses won't be so bad that she can't keep fighting once she lands.

She doesn't have the support of the Dothraki, yet. I'm sure with Drogon, Khal Jhaqo will kowtow to her or she'll have Drogon eat him, then she'll have her own khalasar.

I'd like to see her go to Valyria, just so we can see what that place looks like after the Doom.

She'll come to Westeros, that's for sure (more or less). Don't know if she "conquers" it, but she'll play an important part there. To do this however, she'll have to abandon Slaver's Bay. Coming to Westeros as the uncontested Queen of Mereen would be too ridiculous.

The most likely plot is, that she will learn from her mistakes in Essos and not repeat them in Westeros.

Her conquering Essos from Westeros afterwards? No. That would be too much.

She can't even rule one city effectively.

There's a difference between conquering and ruling. This thread is about conquering.

Back to the topic...

It's occurred to me that maybe she'll just go be Queen of Braavos. If that palace has the house with the red door, it's the only place she's ever considered home.

Archived