ASOIAF Guessing Game XIV - #1 - Most Tragic Character

Lord Lyman

Tyrion wasn't on my list either... but I only had two who were on both continents, and I put them both above him in my guesses. Anyway, isn't he pretty tragic? I mean, simply for the crime of being born he has a family that hates him, and a father who was so malicious that he made him watch his wife get gang raped, which eventually led to him despising himself and constantly reminding himself that women only love him for his gold. Though he's not as tragic as plenty of others, he's certainly one of the more tragic PoVs that we read IMO.

I never said he wasn't. I'm just saying that the game is hard to predict. I never though such minor characters as Weasel would be on the list. I mean, if we have Weasel, why not, for instance, the anonymous woman who was raped multiple times by Mountain's men until she couldn't take it anymore and killed one of them, so the Mountain beheaded her?

Guess 12:

1. Donella Hornwood

2. Jeyne Poole

3. Ygritte.

I think Weasel made the list because she is a minor character that some people found haunting. She is apparently orphaned, a female toddler completely alone. She is 'adopted' by a band of people willing to assist her though they have their own struggles. We see this innocent, probably low-born toddler through the eyes of a noble girl's own struggle. Weasel disappears back into the wilderness, lost and alone; a representation of an innocent generation of Westerosi whose lives are beginning in a time of war and not likely to improve with winter on the way. She is an innocent with no voice.

If you consider the fact that Lommy thought she looked like a weasel, then she could have Frey blood. That alone should make the poor child a tragic character :P

For as little page time as she had, I find her to be one of the most memorable characters in ASOIAF. She is the most insignificant of the insignificant and a whisper of Arya's own loss of identity. Note Arya also uses the name Weasel while at Harrenhal.

Run, Weasel, run as fast as you can, run and never come back.--Arya

Guess 12:

1. Donella Hornwood

2. Jeyne Poole

3. Ygritte.

I think Weasel made the list because she is a minor character that some people found haunting. She is apparently orphaned, a female toddler completely alone. She is 'adopted' by a band of people willing to assist her though they have their own struggles. We see this innocent, probably low-born toddler through the eyes of a noble girl's own struggle. Weasel disappears back into the wilderness, lost and alone; a representation of an innocent generation of Westerosi whose lives are beginning in a time of war and not likely to improve with winter on the way. She is an innocent with no voice.

If you consider the fact that Lommy thought she looked like a weasel, then she could have Frey blood. That alone should make the poor child a tragic character :P

For as little page time as she had, I find her to be one of the most memorable characters in ASOIAF. She is the most insignificant of the insignificant and a whisper of Arya's own loss of identity. Note Arya also uses the name Weasel while at Harrenhal.

Run, Weasel, run as fast as you can, run and never come back.--Arya

Which is exactly why she made my list... and I'm kinda ashamed that I didn't think (or, actually I DID think, but didn't think anyone else would) to vote for her.

So. Do I really want to vote for Arya 3 times in a row?? UGGGH!!! Still considering.

Eh. why the eff not.

ARYA.

That's a character growing up in bad circumstances, not a tragic character. There is no indication that she's feeling lonely, bitter, disillusioned and angry at the world, and unable to find any happiness in life. I mean, for all we know, she may indeed be like that, but for all we know, she's doing just as OK as the Shireen in the show.

You have a point here. But I assume, not everybody (including myself) think it really through before voting whether the character itself is really tragic in the "official" sense, or we just pity them.

For me, Shireen is a tragic character, maybe because I pity her, maybe because I don't want to be in her place, or maybe because I cannot imagine a happy ending for her.

Don't feel ashamed of your awesomeness, Bori. It's great playing with you coz we get motivated to beat that one know-it-all who will probably get it right even when trying to get it wrong. :-) Had I seen this post in time, I would have totally copied you.

But on a serious note, you totally earned every win you got. Enjoy your awesomeness.

Oh, you... :blushing:

But! In the meantime, I realized that my accidental win in the other guessing game is actually your fault, Kyoshi! :P

If you have just remembered to vote in the first round, you would have won the game and I would have been a happy little runner-up... :D

For this round:

1. Robb

2. Ned

3. Jeor Mormont

And the Answer is,

#12 Lyanna Stark (82 points on 7 lists)

The lone daughter of Rickard Stark, Lyanna was a young maid full of life. At the tourney of Harrenhal, she was named Queen of love and beauty by Rhaegar Targaryen. After this moment both her life and Westeros would fall into a downward spiral. Shortly thereafter, she disappeared with Rheagar Targeryen and the result events started Robert's Rebellion. It wasn't until a year later that her brother Eddard Stark found her in a bed of blood, after fighting his way through three members of the Kingsguard. Her lasts words included the phrase "Promise me Ned" to which to this day part of the biggest theory that is almost known.

Congratulations to Evermind and Annara Snow for scoring the most points with 3. :commie:

and to the 7 others who managed to have a correct guess.

Bori is still in the lead with 15 points, Ramsay Blow and Annara Snow are tied for second with 13. Only 8 points separate the top 20, so its still anybody's game

Scores

Bori 15

Annara Snow 10 + 3 = 13

Ramsay Blow 12 + 1 = 13

Bustard 9 + 2 = 11

Dany Lannister 9 + 2 = 11

lil' ghost 9 + 2 = 11

Pancakemountain 10

Reek Havoc 10

Turinqui-Calima 10

Castellan 9

Et cetera the Mouse 9