Football LXXXVI - Transfer window aftermath

baxus

Jesus Jesus is fast as fuck, perfect ball in also

I love watching him live because his legs turn into a blur like a fucking cartoon. Its brilliant.

FAO Arsenal - Aguero is far too dangerous to let him run through open on goal. Cheers lads.

Heh, I just about to post City's midfield looks so weak I wouldn't be too worried but, hey, there's Aguero.

He's the best striker in the league by a distance. Quite literally the most deadly striker in Premier League history

So I come home from dinner out with friends to see the first half highlights...typical Arsenal game by the sounds of it, good play but nothing to show for it.

The more I think about it it's not really just the lack of a defensive midfielder (besides Flamini, who completely ballsed up his one job by letting Aguero get away on the goal). It's that guys like Ozil and ostensibly Alexis who is playing as a mid are virtual non-entities defensively. Monreal and Debuchy are getting no defensive help from the midfielders in front of them (Ozil and Alexis), which is a problem when City are packed with excellent attackers all the way through.

The more I think about it it's not really just the lack of a defensive midfielder (besides Flamini, who completely ballsed up his one job by letting Aguero get away on the goal). It's that guys like Ozil and ostensibly Alexis who is playing as a mid are virtual non-entities defensively. Monreal and Debuchy are getting no defensive help from the midfielders in front of them (Ozil and Alexis), which is a problem when City are packed with excellent attackers all the way through.

To be fair Alexis has done his share of tackling back today. Ozil, not so much.

They really should be looking to get Ox on for Ozil ASAP.

Agreed.

And I agree with others who said Sanchez has worked really hard. I think Wilshere has played well today but every time I see him running with the ball, I see him miss the pass that would get us on goal. He takes too many touches. Just never impressed with his vision.

Archived