Football LXXXVI - Transfer window aftermath

baxus

He's definitely best as a number 10, but I think in this lineup that's not exactly great for Arsenal either, the way he's playing. With the much-noted weakness in defensive midfield, having two hard working attacking mids definitely helps - having Ozil in that position would expose it all the more.

Part of the problem is also that Arsenal's midfielders have been pretty inconsistent. Wilshere had a great game and Ramsey had a bad one, but it could just as easily have been the other way around. Cazorla is inconsistent as well. There's basically no telling exactly what our best midfield is because the level of performance is unpredictable from individual players. Ramsey playing well last season was just about the only dependable thing.

He's definitely best as a number 10, but I think in this lineup that's not exactly great for Arsenal either, the way he's playing. With the much-noted weakness in defensive midfield, having two hard working attacking mids definitely helps - having Ozil in that position would expose it all the more.

Yea, I agree. At the moment, Ozil shouldn't be in the side. I would much prefer Chamberlain or Campbell on the right, Sanchez on the left and Welbeck through the middle. Ozil just doesn't offer anything when he's not playing the 10 role.

Also as a side note, thought Welbeck did well today. Look forward to seeing more of him in the side and I do think he could be a goalscorer for us. Hopefully he was just off with cramp and nothing serious.

Walcott coming back might also put pressure on Wenger to drop Ozil to make room. I think ideally Walcott on the right, Alexis on the left would be some pretty scary pace coming through and Welbeck in the centre. Your midfield three behind that really has no room for Ozil on current form. Ramsey and Wilshere, Arteta/Flamini, Cazorla, Ox, lots of possibilities.

Archived