Who is more important for the show to cast: Arianne or the Griffs? (Book Spoilers)

jaimereborn

They're clearly starting to deviate from the books, and starting to make unnesessary mistakes. All they need to do is slow down, and include more seasons. It's not like they're not making 10 billion dollars from this anyways. They're clearly contemplating cutting the Kingsmoot out entirely, OK, fine, I understand. but if they cut out the Griffs, jesus. I won't be able to make it through the show maybe.

Oramami, 8 seasons is really difficult for any show. The Sopranos had 6; Breaking Bad and the Wire, 5.

7 is already LOST/Dexter territory, and look how those shows ended.

Also, you know how old the actors would be? A 31 Jon Snow? Sansa being 22? Bran being 19? It's actually bad they'll end up being 30, 21 and 18, don't let Bran grow more please

I'm just gonna throw this out there:

D&D should have introduced the Griffs earlier somehow, maybe even as some sort of epilogue

Actually, Oberyn could have mentioned some few things about baby Aegon. Tywin could have talked about a couple of previous hands too. "The Hand that lost the Rebelion and "died" in Essos", which is pretty much how JC is introduced in books in Feast and Storm.

Actually, Oberyn could have mentioned some few things about baby Aegon. Tywin could have talked about a couple of previous hands too. "The Hand that lost the Rebelion and "died" in Essos", which is pretty much how JC is introduced in books in Feast and Storm.

Oh, for sure, yes, that for a start. But I would have liked some Lost-type of epilogue for season 4 of like Illyrio talking to Jorah (if they're gonna tweak the canon they might as well do it for the best) and having a similar conversation to the one he had with Tyrion. Jorah wants to go back to Dany, but he thinks she's gonna reject him, and then Illyrio says something like: "Oh, well, good thing she's not the only dragon around". Cut to credits and then the Unsullied have the idea of another Targ to chew on during the hiatus

Oh, for sure, yes, that for a start. But I would have liked some Lost-type of epilogue for season 4 of like Illyrio talking to Jorah (if they're gonna tweak the canon they might as well do it for the best) and having a similar conversation to the one he had with Tyrion. Jorah wants to go back to Dany, but he thinks she's gonna reject him, and then Illyrio says something like: "Oh, well, good thing she's not the only dragon around". Cut to credits and then the Unsullied have the idea of another Targ to chew on during the hiatus

Oh please... are you saying that the Unsullied will be able to remember that from one season to the next one?

Pffffff!

Oh please... are you saying that the Unsullied will be able to remember that from one season to the next one?

Pffffff!

Yeah, obviously the Unsullied can't remember a thing. That's why they need to have things like bisexuality spelled out to them in simple terms or their little non-reader brains would fry

But D&D don't seem to want to introduce new characters until the season they become relevant to the plot. Oberyn should have been arriving around episode 8/9 of S3 but didn't turn up until S4. There's a possibility they could bring Aegon in early S6.

As optimistic as I was about the Griff's, it's really not looking good for them, especially now Tyrion and Jorah are filming and still no sign of a boy.

But D&D don't seem to want to introduce new characters until the season they become relevant to the plot. Oberyn should have been arriving around episode 8/9 of S3 but didn't turn up until S4. There's a possibility they could bring Aegon in early S6.

Showing him up all of a sudden and explaining his storyline in the penultimate season? :(

Showing him up all of a sudden and explaining his storyline in the penultimate season? :(

Yeah, even Martin got a lot of flak for introducing them so late, imagine the outrage if Aegon just shows up in the series finale and sits on the throne like it's nothing

Probably because there hasn't been a ton of evidence that points to them being cut yet.

Other than Tyrion's scenes being filmed already without them? Or are you saying they'll be a S6 plot?

A lot of people just haven't taken to the Griffs, and the "fAegon" sobriquet around here is a big indicator as to why. People assume Aegon to be fraudulent, and therefore don't view him as end-game. Arianne, on the other hand, was the driving force behind most of the Dornish action we saw in AFFC/ADWD. She also had good character development and is poised to be very influential/has a lot of potential. Plus Arianne is really the first truly empowered female we encounter in Westeros, which was refreshing. So the Griffs' exclusion may have been somewhat expected, but Arianne's feels out of left-field. This is why a lot of people are assuming that her cutting is linked to Aegon's assumed failure.

Could the Griffs make it in S6? Yes, and I hope they do. But it's hard to predict until we see how Varys's scenes go this season. We do know Arianne's toast though. As to who is "more important" to be included, until TWOW is published, our opinions will be very limited.

I can still see Aegon being involved in the endgame. Just because he isn't the real deal dosen't mean he won't be significant, I doubt it'll even be "proved" that he is fake as:

1. Even those closest to Aegon believe him to be real.

2. The smallfolk will support him whether he's real or not, as long as he looks Targaryen.

3. Those who actually witnessed the initial killing of Aegon are all dead.

4. His opponents would call him fake even if he wasn't.

5. The only evidence for him being fake we as readers have are the "mummers dragon", the "rusty dragon", and Illyrio's dragon speech, which are barely solid evidence. Let alone information anyone in world would have access to.

They're clearly starting to deviate from the books, and starting to make unnesessary mistakes. All they need to do is slow down, and include more seasons. It's not like they're not making 10 billion dollars from this anyways. They're clearly contemplating cutting the Kingsmoot out entirely, OK, fine, I understand. but if they cut out the Griffs, jesus. I won't be able to make it through the show maybe.

Which will result in a 20-year old Maisie williams playing a 14-year old. Among other future possible problems.

Which will result in a 20-year old Maisie williams playing a 14-year old. Among other future possible problems.

Plus cost. Contracts for everyone would have to be completely renegotiated, leading to an ENORMOUS increase in cost. Just look at what happened to negotiations for The Big Bang Theory: the leads are now pulling $1 million an episode for season 8. That's why so few shows, even really successful ones like Mad Men, etc. go more than 7 seasons.

I think it's most likely their solution will be an "extended" 7th season, maybe 16 episodes split between two years. That's a popular dodge for shows lately. But further than that is incredibly unlikely.

Plus cost. Contracts for everyone would have to be completely renegotiated, leading to an ENORMOUS increase in cost. Just look at what happened to negotiations for The Big Bang Theory: the leads are now pulling $1 million an episode for season 8. That's why so few shows, even really successful ones like Mad Men, etc. go more than 7 seasons.

I think it's most likely their solution will be an "extended" 7th season, maybe 16 episodes split between two years. That's a popular dodge for shows lately. But further than that is incredibly unlikely.

to be fair though... TBBT ratings are still rising (just as are in GOT) and TBBT got renewed for 3 more seasons. since Parsons, Galecky and Cuoco-Sweeting managed to negotiate 1 million per episode on top of that, the show must be bringing in a lot of cash and i bet they'll renew it for another 2 seasons once the ordered 3 air. the creator doesn't know when to finish a series as long as it keeps bringing in money.

Archived