Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

well of course, the Others are going to be very important. and they have also been given importance on the show, Season 4 even including a spoiler about The Others, therefore I also think that Dorne and Faith Militant will play a bigger role in the last 2 books than the other players introduced in Feast/Dance.

What if what we say in the HoTU in S2E10 is really in the books and KL is trashed?

So the chances of TwoW being out even before Season 6 is slim? That's a year and a half away.

George needed five years to finish ADWD, which came out in 2011. I'll be positively surprised if we get TWOW before 2016 and ADOS before 2021 (if at all).

This has been around before (for quite a while, actually) and it's entirely possible that the 'battle' will be the scene in Daznak's pit, i. e.

The battle to defeat Drogon.

Do we know who was filming Daznak's pit? If it was David Nutter, I don't think we'll have much room left for the battle of Meereen.

From what I understand, yes, it was Nutter.

We know that Rickon is with the Umbers in the show, so Manderly or no Manderly, Davos will likely go to the Last Hearth instead of Skagos. They weren't mentioned in s4 though, to my recollection.

Actually, we don't know. Osha said they would be going there, but that doesn't mean she will.

He'll be our POV for Asshai in the show.

Thanks for making my day :lmao:

So no way A Dream of Springs comes out before Season 7/Last season.

Barring divine intervention, I don't think so (and I'm agnostic, so I'm not holding my breath).

I am not sure I will be interested in reading A Dream if it comes out 2 years after season 7!

"2 years after season 7" would be 2019, which is extremely optimistic for ADOS. GRRM hasn't produced a book that swiftly in a good while.

I'm still not sure if we really needed three Sand Snakes and Areo Hotah.

yeah we really didn't need fucking Areo Hotah

There's a big difference between including Areo as a POV character (where he's never intended to be more than a TV camera) like in the books, and having him in the show as, well, a guard. He's Doran's enforcer, nothing more, in all likelihood.

You cannot compare the show to the books in terms of complexity: one is a show; the other is a book. Of course it won't be able to convey as much as can be conveyed in a book! Compare it to anything ever shown on television before, though, and it is several levels more complex and intricately put together. It has to be to come anywhere near telling the story that GRRM wrote. And you want them to make it more complex? That would be the the detriment of all the things that make a television show work. Plot efficiency, sufficient character development, episode-to-episode (and overall season) cohesion, manageable plot threads that can be intertwined, thematic focus, I could go on.

I don't think you seem to quite understand the level of complexity that has gone into creating this show - it is immense. The one biggest problem I have read from many and most critics is that the show can be too sprawled, hard to follow and lacking in focus. Making it more complex would only exacerbate this. We as a group have to remember that this is not being catered for us - it absolutely has to stand on it's own two feet as a television show. This is why we will have to accept that many changes and many cuts will inevitably occur as the series must draw to an inevitable conclusion. People have to remain invested in characters that have already been developed right up until the end.

Edit: Also, you can't have it both ways! Wanting them to include three entirely new plots this season (Dorne, Iron Islands, Griffs) as well as making characters like Dany more complex. That is impossible.

haha game of thrones is not the most complex show on TV! No where near...sure its probably the show that has the biggest budget, the most characters, but those alone do not make it a 'complex' show in my mind. The problems with the show lie with the script, and the decisions they make. Frankly if they didn't waste time with pointless scenes then it wouldn't be impossible to give the characters more complexity or more to work with. Even Kit Harrington himself said he wanted to focus more on his feelings on Ygritte before the battle, but D&D didn't want that- now that would have been easy to do, conveyed within one line (Jon Snow doesn't talk much about his feelings).

I agree game of thrones would be hard to adapt on to TV, no one is denying that. What I'm saying is by focusing on one storyline so much (Dorne) that doesn't actually need it, is a mistake.

And as much as i dislike the Kettleblacks, they are kind've important in the books. One kills the previous HS and confesses stuff about Margery and then outs Cersei, and thats how Cersei gets captured which leads to her whole walk of shame. I'm pretty sure they're giving that role to Lancel or else what would Cersei be accused of that the HS could prove? It has to be poisoning Robert, adultery, which Lancel was present for both. And that works for the show. What it doesn't do is expand Cersei's character. You get what i'm saying about complexity?

They don't appear to be focusing on Dorne any more than any other storylines. KL, the Wall and Meereen will definitely get more screentime than it.

they seem to be focusing on it more than the books though

on another note, i'm really confused about how cersei is going to have margaery be arrested. because lancel could confess about sleeping with cersei but who is the high sparrow going to torture to oust that he didn't sleep with margaery but cersei?

Since they're transposing Jaime's material there it warrants an increase in its screentime to accommodate his arc as well as the Martell family material BUT I doubt it will be in more than six or seven episodes of s5, as opposed to the other three locations I mentioned above which will probably appear eight or nine times.

they seem to be focusing on it more than the books though

on another note, i'm really confused about how cersei is going to have margaery be arrested. because lancel could confess about sleeping with cersei but who is the high sparrow going to torture to oust that he didn't sleep with margaery but cersei?

This is what i'm confused about as well. Maybe Cersei asks lancel to flirt with Margery and Cersei manipulates him with sex to confess to the HS

Why doesn't anybody like Dany's Season 2 arc?

Because they royally screwed the HotU scene and for that I have anger. So much anger. That is one of the best chapters in the entire series. I was waiting...WAITING...for that moment. It was going to be epic, just like in the book.

*twitch* Not over it.

The House of the Undying is the least of that arc's problems.

Well. Yes, okay. But that's the one that bothers me quite a bit because her arc in Book 2 is rather slow as she chills in Qarth. But the HotU made her stay in Qarth worth it. And they really botched it, IMO.

This is what i'm confused about as well. Maybe Cersei asks lancel to flirt with Margery and Cersei manipulates him with sex to confess to the HS

can't see that happening because it seems that lancel will be presented as a zealot from the very beginning of the season

Archived