Small Questions v. 10090

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Yes but... implications.

Does this mean The Others are super evolved humans from this distant future or something? You can't have two different planters with the same constellations. Not without an Infinite Improbability Drive anyway.

I know I should just relax and use my suspension of disbelief, but, no.

Planetos is not Earth, it is very similar in many respects (land/sea ratio, one large moon, seven visible planets), but larger than Earth. The Eye of the Ice Dragon is the North Star in this world, but there is no description of the constellation looking like Ursa Minor. :)

Are the cultures in the two cities so different? (And maybe they are for all I know.)

They are both old Ghiscari cities that were conquered by Valyria (along with Meereen) and then became independent after the Doom. Astaspor, the Red City, specialized in fighting slaves, particularly the Unsullied, and Yunkai, the Yellow City, specialized in bed slaves. All associate with the ancient Ghiscari Harpy and New Ghis. :)

I seem to recall that it was somewhere stated that Dorans grip on Dorne wasn't a strong one. Could anyone help me find that quote?

ADWD, The Watcher:

“Dorne was an angry and divided land, and Prince Doran’s hold on it was not as firm as it might be. Many of his own lords thought him weak and would have welcomed open war with the Lannisters and the boy king on the Iron Throne.”

Is there any mention of the dragons going to the bathroom?

Not of the act per se, but we do get that in TRP:

Afraid that the boy would raise the alarm, Prince Aemond slapped him, shouted at him to be quiet, then shoved him backward into a pile of dragon droppings.

In AFFC, in the chapter where Loras asks Cersei to take Dragonstone.

"The pox-scarred bastard that Stannis had left to hold his castle was no callow tourney champion but a seasoned killer."

Who is it ?

Thank you already.

Roland Storm:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Rolland_Storm

:)

GRRM likes to point out that there is good and bad in everyone, but is there ANY good in Ramsay, or is he just pure evil?

I suppose you could say that he wants to please his father and that's good, but apart from that?

GRRM likes to point out that there is good and bad in everyone, but is there ANY good in Ramsay, or is he just pure evil?

I suppose you could say that he wants to please his father and that's good, but apart from that?

I think that he used the example "even Hilter loved his dogs", but I may be completely wrong so.... :dunno:

I don't really buy that though, Ramsay's as evil as they get.

When the WOIAF comes out, do all threads discussing the content of the book go into the World sub-forum? Probably a stupid question but still

I think there will be a spoiler period (2 or 3 months or something) where discussion will be confined to TWoIaF subforum.

When the WOIAF comes out, do all threads discussing the content of the book go into the World sub-forum? Probably a stupid question but still

I think there will be a spoiler period (2 or 3 months or something) where discussion will be confined to TWoIaF subforum.

I was wondering about the same thing. For TPATQ, and TRP, despite there being a 3 month spoiler period, no specific subforums were created.

The WOIAF-subforum is to discuss the upcomming book, so perhaps chapter per chapter discussion should indeed remain in the subforum.

But how about theories, for which lots of info from the other books is used as well? Do they go into the subforum, or do they remain in the general subforum?

Archived