Team Dragonstone vs Dragons

Two and a Halfhand

If Melisandre learns about Dany and her dragons she will switch her allegiance in a second. In fact I predict she will abandon Stannis for another AA candidate. Jon. And then maybe again when Dany and her dragons show up.

Agreed.

In a possible Dany vs Stannis scenario,do you all think that Melissandre could do anything against a dragon attack?

Melisandre has a few tricks up her sleeve, sure, but I don't think that she has tricks big enough to kill a dragon, if that's what you're hinting toward?

Mel did, supposedly, kill an eagle in the sky, but I doubt she could do that ten times fast, or with a bigger object that's fire made flesh. And then 3 times, also fast.

Remember when Jon had Rattleshirt killed with arrows? Mel was grateful to him because she had issues holding the glamour.

Mel said she could have done things at the Battle of the Blackwater, but is that so? She can bluff as much as she likes in hindsight, because it was already lost and couldn't be worse. Just like she can bluff with having killed 3 kings (seen it in her fire and set up a charade to make her look good), saying Stannis is AAR and that the sword proves it (obvious glamour), saying Arya is coming to the Wall (just to have Jon owe her one/trust her), saying Eastwatch will fall when that wasn't her vision (she knows it's not that tower, but if the tower would just turn into the right one then she's 'helped' again),...

Imo Dany's not going to lose to Aegon, and she won't lose to Stannis, either. And no, those dragons won't die before they reach Westeros. They have a job to do against the Others.

Melisandre could attempt to use her powders to control the dragons, similarly to how she controlled Ghost.

Was Mel in control of Ghost, or did Bloodraven (again) take over to see what was going to be said, just like I'm guessing he did to show Jon the dragonglass catch (Ghost was weird there), and when Jon wanted Ghost to stay behind but he ran off to possibly double back/find a way close by to listen to what Stannis had to say of the Umbers, I think?

There's also a theory on Mel being Bloodraven's daughter with Shiera Seastar. If so, he might have been checking up on his daughter (and licking her).

Melisandre has a few tricks up her sleeve, sure, but I don't think that she has tricks big enough to kill a dragon, if that's what you're hinting toward?

Mel did, supposedly, kill an eagle in the sky, but I doubt she could do that ten times fast, or with a bigger object that's fire made flesh. And then 3 times, also fast.

Remember when Jon had Rattleshirt killed with arrows? Mel was grateful to him because she had issues holding the glamour.

Mel said she could have done things at the Battle of the Blackwater, but is that so? She can bluff as much as she likes in hindsight, because it was already lost and couldn't be worse. Just like she can bluff with having killed 3 kings (seen it in her fire and set up a charade to make her look good), saying Stannis is AAR and that the sword proves it (obvious glamour), saying Arya is coming to the Wall (just to have Jon owe her one/trust her), saying Eastwatch will fall when that wasn't her vision (she knows it's not that tower, but if the tower would just turn into the right one then she's 'helped' again),...

Imo Dany's not going to lose to Aegon, and she won't lose to Stannis, either. And no, those dragons won't die before they reach Westeros. They have a job to do against the Others.

:Agree: Slayer of lies and all...

Stannis does'nt need Mel to kill dragons. Enough scorpions and crossbows have proved enough in the past, and there is no reason to assume that they won't do the trcik with wild adolescent dragons.

That only worked twice afaik (out of 22 dragons we know of, being in lots of battles), and one of that was a very young dragon on its first ride with his even more inexperienced rider.

I agree. Although I personally think it would be more interesting if the Others were defeated without dragons. And I wouldn't say that it's impossible for Dany to lose to Stannis.

Why the hell would Mel ever try to kill a dragon when since we've met her all she's talked about is hatching 1?

Because there is a great difference between hatching one and a stray one. She wants a dragon to help the living not to destroy the living. If she wanted any dragon available she most certainly could find one in the far East maybe in Asshai.

Also iirc she said waking dragons from the stone not hatching stone dragon eggs. If she wanted to hatch a dragon where is the egg that she used?

She never had an egg, and you are making up the existence of dragons near Ashai like others on this forum, that's not in the books.

So how she was trying to hatch a dragon without an egg? Because she wasn't trying to hatch a dragon, she was trying to wake up a stone dragon.

No you are wrong it is in the books:

"He lifted his eyes and saw clear across the narrow sea, to the Free Cities and the green Dothraki sea and beyond, to Vaes Dothrak under its mountain, to the fabled lands of the Jade Sea, to Asshai by the Shadow, where dragons stirred beneath the sunrise."

I think Mel will convince Stannis to summon a shadow dragon with icy breath to fight Dany's dragons. Perhaps Stannis will sacrifice his last piece of life force to summon that dragon (hence he will cast no shadows anymore) and the red sword being raised in his hand will metaphorically represent a fake Lightbringer (a fake dragon, a creature of shadow) and Dany will slay that. Stannis will be zombified after dying.

That only worked twice afaik (out of 22 dragons we know of, being in lots of battles), and one of that was a very young dragon on its first ride with his even more inexperienced rider.

Rhaenys Targaryen was not inexperienced, and Meraxes was no young dragon. It was the second largest dragon in existance at the time, and a rider who had the experience of the War of Conquest and the Field of Fire. Both died in Dorne because apparently GRRM loves the Dornish so much, only they have mastered the art of aiming crew-served weapons up.

Dany has no clue how to control her dragon, let alone how to fight with it. She goes with him, she does not lead him. No one remembers how to train a dragon, and Tyrion's "dragon lore" is basically a bunch of old and often contradicting sources, combined with myth and fables. Her dragons are little more than adolescents. They are 2-year-olds in human years, and by the time she arrives in Westeros would still be babies compared with Meraxes. Meraxes was larger than Vhagar, and you could have ridden a horse down Vhagar's gullet. Let that one sink in for a second, and compare that with Dany's Drogon.

The Yunkai have ringed Meereen with scorpions against Drogon, and Barristan dismisses it as not likely to work because many tried to bring down Aegon and his sisters, and none succeeded. He forgets Rhaenys and Meraxes in Dorne. He forgets that Dany has no idea how to control her dragon, and he is also terribly biased againt the local brown people and thier competence.

Archived