Would You Die For Your Country

Wade1865

I'm pretty sure that the average person in Syria would find those nonexistent WMDs real enough.

Even if there was a connection, which I'd love to see proof for, this wouldn't change the hollowness of your original "argument".

Fight for it? Most likely, I guess.

Some might say it's easier to die in a war today due to advanced technology and the fact that there isn't an enemy waving a flag, they hide in alleyways and mingle in with the crowd.

Some might say it's harder to die in a war today. People do respect life a bit more nowadays, more than say 100 or 1000 years ago when a commander might just throw you into the fray to win. If someone dies in Afghanistan today, he/she'll be in the news.

Just to quickly answer the question before I ever off topic- Depends. If me giving up my life helps saves tens, maybe hundreds of lives maybe. but if I die for a pointless reason, like in a failed attack which does nothing or I'm killed while peeing on a tree, then no.

This is a nice quote of a Ulysses by Tennyson:

We are not now that strength which in old days

Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Another great quote from an anonymous soldier is "When you get home from Iraq or Afghanistan and meet a war protester shake his hand and wink at his girlfriend because you both know that she is dating a pussy."

You have got to love the internet. When people start with the name calling you know that you have won.

:rofl: Let me introduce you to my face to fist technique of trolling.

. ? Pussy? Believe that was the genesis of the name calling. I accept your alba drenched flag hanging from an olive branch, and kudos on admitting your poor.behavior and desire to move forward.

I didn't call anyone specifically a pussy I only posted a quote I have seen around the internet from military websites and Facebook pages. You and others took it personally. That isn't my fault that you all did.

But you and others did personally reach out to name call me.

That is the difference.

SYC,

Another great quote from an anonymous soldier is "When you get home from Iraq or Afghanistan and meet a war protester shake his hand and wink at his girlfriend because you both know that she is dating a pussy."

I protested the Iraq war in front of the Whitehouse. My current gf served through the entire conflict on a carrier. She's smoking hot and brillaint and hilarious and doesn't go for macho douchebags.

Eta: whoops.meant to quote your post about me being pussy.

Some women settle some women don't. To each her own. :dunno:

How am I taking you out of context?

Archived