AcroPhilia Game 2

Lady Blizzardborn

LOL. Trust me I've had much worse rounds back in game one. So you're still in better shape than the host (except that this time I know ALL the answers muwhaa-ha-ha-ha!)

I've made an executive decision to call in our reserves. This will necessitate a longer than usual game play timeline for Round 1, as I want them to be able to participate fully. But I think in light of the lack of response from our missing players, something must have happened. I hope they are both ok, and their families, and their internet service.

Please remember to consider a favorite clue, as you work on the list.

You don't have to submit a favorite clue vote until submitting your final guesses, but keep it in mind.

The alternates have been contacted with their assignments for the round.

Oh, favourite clues... maybe I should have thought more than two minutes about the clue I handed in...

yomi, I don't consider your entry final yet. I just sent you a PM asking if that's what you want to go with, so if you want to change it, now is the time. However, per the posting of Game Rules, favorite clue will get you a maximum of two points. Up to you whether it's worth it to change your entry for two points.

Anyway...I was going to say we should have our last two clues probably by the end of the day. Thanks to yomi and a shadow for stepping in! :grouphug:

I do hope DreamSongs and Arya kiddin' are okay. Has anyone heard from them or seen them around the forums?

yomi, I don't consider your entry final yet. I just sent you a PM asking if that's what you want to go with, so if you want to change it, now is the time. However, per the posting of Game Rules, favorite clue will get you a maximum of two points. Up to you whether it's worth it to change your entry for two points.

Anyway...I was going to say we should have our last two clues probably by the end of the day. Thanks to yomi and a shadow for stepping in! :grouphug:

I do hope DreamSongs and Arya kiddin' are okay. Has anyone heard from them or seen them around the forums?

AK tends to be sporadic in his posting, he's probably fine. Bex/Dreamsongs has some weird shift changes at work. She's probably ok, but I would worry a bit more about her than AK. But of course, there's no knowing for sure. :(

eta

so after the last two clues come in, how long will we have to get in our final guesses?

eta2

I reread the rules yesterday and I don't think I missed this: it would be nice to have a generalized schedule. Something like:

Day 1 - character names pmed out and the 2 acronym choices posted

Day 3 - clues for each name are due to the host via pm and will be posted

Day 5 - prelim. guesses due (to host via pm)

Day 7 - final character & theme guesses and favorite votes due (" ); results posted

Day 8 - next round of characters pmed out and the cycle repeats

is that approximately what is happening?

That's similar to my hosting schedule, but I took inspiration from acrophobia by giving out new characters and acronyms for the next round as soon as all the current round clues are posted, so you essentially had a week to answer the current clues and come up with a new one for the following round. I altered the timeframe slightly each round according to my own life schedule and took any personal requests into account. With only 3 rounds the pacing is probably less important.

That's similar to my hosting schedule, but I took inspiration from acrophobia by giving out new characters and acronyms for the next round as soon as all the current round clues are posted, so you essentially had a week to answer the current clues and come up with a new one for the following round. I altered the timeframe slightly each round according to my own life schedule and took any personal requests into account. With only 3 rounds the pacing is probably less important.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, the 2 day deadlines are rather an ideal than a realistic schedule. But I think if you are flexible to the schedules of the players an idealized schedule can move quicker or slower as needed.

Thanks for the thoughts, HC! I figured on getting a schedule going for the next two rounds, but first I want to ask if there are any particular requests with regards to the deadline for Round1?

For instance, does anyone have a problem with a deadline on the weekend? I know some people aren't online as much (or at all) on those days.

I want to be sure that the two new players have time to submit prelims and to tweak for their final guesses. I was thinking Friday or Saturday for the final deadline. Thoughts on that?

No prelim deadline this particular round, but I will be setting them for Rounds 2 and 3.

Also, I'll be sending you new acronyms and character assignments soon--maybe today, maybe tomorrow. I must keep you all guessing. "Mine is an evil laugh." ;)

Oh, and the final two clues are up. The list is way back on page 2.

I have two sets of repeated answers, which I assume means I am wrong, and no theme.

LOL You too?

ETA

May just submit them as is, as one or two of them out of the four may be right. :)

Archived